December 13th

Dear Sophia,

I love you.

I don’t feel right today. I bet I looked awful when you saw me. I’m so tired. I couldn’t sleep last night at all.

I tried to go to bed early yesterday to catch up on some sleep. I was feeling ok. It was raining a bit but sometimes the noise of that can actually be quite soothing. I know some people really like noise when they sleep so they leave hairdryers on all night and stuff like that.

There wasn’t just rain though. The wind was quite loud and there were engine noises and all sorts from all over the place. I was lying down with my eyes closed but I couldn’t tune anything out. My ears were picking up everything.

Every drop of rain on the window started to sound like glass breaking downstairs. I started getting nervous. I got convinced someone was breaking in. I went downstairs and there was nothing. I got back in bed. I listened to the noises and it all happened again. It definitely sounded like glass breaking. I started to think how stupid it would be if I’d not noticed the burglars breaking in just because I’d been up five minutes before them. I went downstairs again and checked but there was nothing.

I kept getting up and going downstairs until eventually I just gave up and put my head under the covers and decided I didn’t care if someone was downstairs.

Before it even got light this morning I knew I wasn’t going to get any sleep. I went and sat on the sofa in the living room until I was sure it was too bright for anyone to try and break in.

It was all fine in the end. Nobody did try to break in.

When I saw you today I felt embarrassed about how tired I was. You looked so full of life.

Everything but you is so boring. Everything but you is so confusing. You’re the only exciting thing in the world Sophia. You’re the only thing I can rely on. As long as I have you I know everything is ok really. It doesn’t matter what else happens because I have you. I love you. Andrew loves Sophia. Nobody else can change that. Andrew loves Sophia.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew