November 23rd

Dear Sophia,

I love you. Sometimes on Friday I feel a bit sad if I don’t get to be with you for very long because I know I’m not going to see you for the next couple of days. But then sometimes I feel like you give me just enough to get me through the weekend on my own. Today I feel like you’ve kind of given me a mission.

I thought I’d already checked what jewellery you wear after I found the perfect necklace for you. I must have missed the bracelet you wear on your right wrist somehow. Or maybe it’s new. I don’t know. Your right side is usually facing away from me when you’re queuing and you pick up your coffee with your left hand so maybe I just got distracted and didn’t notice it before.

It was a pretty bracelet. Kind of gold but not flashy at all. It was delicate. I saw it had a small cross on it. It looked like it was hanging from the band but I couldn’t tell whether it was something you’d added to the bracelet or whether it came like that. Either way I’m pretty sure it was a cross.

When I was at the funeral I kept thinking how hypocritical and stupid it was that they made everything so religious for the funeral of a man who God definitely would not have appreciated. My family went to church for a bit when I was really young but then they stopped for some reason. I can’t really remember any of it. The only things I know about religion I learned at school and they teach it in a way that makes it seem really stupid.

It’s obviously important to you though if you want everyone to see that cross. I don’t know if you wear it every day but still it must mean something to you. At least it sends out a message to any guys who are looking at you about what kind of person you are.

I’m going to try and learn a bit more this weekend because it’s obviously something that’s important to you. I’ve never really felt there was anything more in the world than what we can see but there’s definitely something special about how we came together so now I’m not so sure. I’ll try to learn what I can this weekend. Anything that’s important to you is important to me.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew