February 3rd

Dear Sophia,

I love you. I want to see you.

I did all that planning for us yesterday. It seems wrong we’re not together again now. I know it’s not long until Valentine’s but that doesn’t mean I don’t miss you when we’re not together.

Imagine if it was like this every week. It would be awful. On Monday I’ll see you. On Tuesday I’ll see you. On Wednesday I’ll see you. At the weekends I don’t see you. That’s Saturday and Sunday without you. But now I don’t see you Thursday or Friday either. I used to see you five days a week. It used to be that Friday would get me through until Monday. Now I don’t have Friday. I don’t even have Thursday. If I only see you Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday that’s three days a week seeing you. Thursday and Friday plus Saturday and Sunday is four days a week.

That means in the next week I’ll be with you for three days and without you for four days. That’s not right. It makes no sense for the most important thing in our lives to not be the most regular thing. That’s why I’m so relieved we’re moving in together soon. Imagine if that was a whole year. That’s fifty two times by four days that I don’t see you. That’s over two hundred days a year we wouldn’t be together. There are only three hundred and sixty five days in year. Think about that. It’s just stupid. We’d only be together for three times fifty two days. That’s loads less.

If your work week has changed and you’re only working a few days a week that’s not a bad thing. It means you’re still free Thursday and Friday. If your work schedule changes again this week though I’ll be really confused. You have to tell me if that happens. It was easier for me not to worry when you went away on holiday because I knew you were coming back to me. If for some reason you don’t come in on Monday then I won’t know whether to panic or to assume you’re not working that day.

I can’t have it that only three days of this week on the calendar have Sophia written on them. It’s not enough. Looking at it now I can see Valentine’s is a Thursday this year too. Imagine if you forgot our moving in day just because you weren’t working. Imagine if I ended up going home alone that day. It would be the worst thing that could ever happen. It would throw everything away. All our hard work. I’d crumble completely.

I’m pretty flexible really because I know it’ll all work out. I just need to know what the changes are going to be in advance so I don’t have to worry about them. I’ll see how this week goes but I won’t be happy only seeing you for three days. At least when we live together it might be four whole days at home with you and only three where you go to work. That would seem much better.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew