A Happy Surprise

Author's Note: I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and please let me know what you guys thought. And I'm really sorry for taking a while to update again. Fanfiction.net went down for almost a week after Halloween and I sorta took a break while that was happening then I became pretty busy with school. Anyway I promise I'm going to try to not take as long to update the next chapter.

"Okay sweetie now which one do you want? There's this one or there's this one," Evie told her baby as she held up two pictures. Mal just giggled as she pointed to something that Evie didn't even hold up making Evie laugh.

"This one," Evie asked her baby, making the small baby giggle and nod. "Okay sweetie, but this isn't even one of the choices," Evie told her baby playfully as she looked at what the baby was pointing at.

Mal just giggled as she kept pointing to the purple outfit. "Okay well I guess I'm wearing purple to my wedding," Evie jokingly told her daughter as she tickled her making the baby laugh more.

"Okay but for real. Which one out of these do you like more," Evie told her baby who just giggled again as she pointed to the purple outfit. Evie just sighed playfully as she looked at her baby. "Okay this is hopeless," Evie told her daughter who just giggled more as if agreeing with Evie.

"You know I love you, but I wish you had better fashion sense. I blame your dada. He never wants me to dress you up all cutely and now you've somehow decided at nine months old that you hate this stuff," Evie told her daughter making the baby giggle and babble.

They continued to do this with Evie holding up two choices and the small baby completely disregarding them for other things. "Oh wow look at the time! It's bedtime sweetie. Come on," Evie told her baby as she placed her down in her crib.

Mal just looked up at Evie as she pointed to a book. "You want a story," Evie asked her daughter, who giggled and nodded. "Okay! Once upon a time... And they all lived happily ever after! The End!" Evie read out to her baby and smiled when she looked at her sleeping baby who had fallen asleep on her during the story.

"Aw that's adorable. I love you. Night my poison apple," Evie whispered as she kissed baby Mal on the forehead and placed her down in her crib as she carefully made her way out of the nursery.

Evie smiled when she made it to her room and saw Carlos was calling. "Hey what's up," Evie asked through the phone making Carlos laugh. "Hey guess what! We won!" Carlos told Evie over the phone excitedly as he couldn't wait to be home with his family.

Evie squealed in excitement as she really missed her fiance. "Really! That's awesome! When are you coming home! I miss you so so so much! I seriously think I'm going insane without you," Evie told Carlos excitedly making him laugh.

"I don't know yet, but hopefully soon. So what did you all do today," Carlos asked Evie making her laugh. "Not much Mal and I had the day to ourselves because Dizzy and Celia went to a sleepover. Oh and remember that really annoying and judgemental lady at Mal's playgroup! Well I just showed her! She really had the nerve to talk badly about Mal when her child literally bites other babies! Ha you should have seen Karen's face when I pointed that out to her!" Evie told Carlos through the phone making him laugh.

"Okay wow! I'm glad you finally showed her! I wish I could have seen it though!" Carlos told Evie who laughed as she loved talking to Carlos again. "Yeah, but don't worry you'll be home soon, so you won't have to miss anymore things like that! Oh and I almost forgot to tell you! I picked out the best wedding dress design and I've pretty much planned everything with Mal's help. It just needs your approval," Evie excitedly told Carlos, making him laugh.

"Mal helped you plan our wedding?" Carlos jokingly asked Evie, making her laugh. "Sort of she wanted me to wear a purple dress and you to wear a purple tuxedo. We settled for navy tux and I can't tell you about my dress because it's bad luck!" Evie jokingly told Carlos, making him laugh.

"Yeah that sounds like our baby! Gosh I miss her!" Carlos told Evie, making her smile. "Yeah I know and she misses you too! She's gonna be so excited when you finally get home in a few days! I am too," Evie told Carlos, making him smile as he was about to surprise Evie and he couldn't wait to see her reaction.

"Yeah but it may actually be sooner than that," Carlos told Evie, making her laugh in confusion. "What are you talking about," Evie asked Carlos, making him laugh as he rang the doorbell. "You might want to get that," Carlos told Evie who had no clue what was going on.

"Um okay..." Evie told Carlos as she got up and answered the door, but she immediately went from confused to jumping with joy when she saw Carlos at the door. "Oh my gosh how! I am so happy right now! I missed you so much!" Evie screamed out excitedly as she hugged Carlos tightly.

Carlos just laughed as he hugged Evie back feeling happy to have her back in his arms. "I missed you too and they moved the championship game to Auradon, so we're back early and I decided to surprise you!" Carlos told Evie excitedly, making Evie laugh as she kissed him passionately.

"I'm so glad you did! Why are you always so good at surprises!" Evie told Carlos playfully making him laugh. "Because you deserve the best and I love you!" Carlos told Evie, making her smile. "Aw you're so sweet! How did I get so lucky! And I love you too," Evie told Carlos, making him smile.

"Oh I can't wait to see everything you've planned for the wedding," Carlos told Evie excitedly, making her laugh. "Oh yeah you're gonna love it!" Evie started to say, but interrupted when Mal started crying.

"Coming Mal! I'll be right back," Evie started to tell Carlos who quickly stopped her. "Actually I can do it!" Carlos told Evie, making her look at him in shock. "Yeah, but you just got back from a long trip. You should rest. I can deal with her," Evie told Carlos who quickly shook his head no as he could see how exhausted Evie looked.

"No it's okay Evie. You need the rest more than I do. I mean you were basically a single mother for a few days. You need your rest okay, and besides I really want to see my little puppy. I haven't seen her in so long," Carlos told Evie who smiled as she looked at him.

"Are you sure because I..." Evie started, but Carlos quickly interrupted her again. "Yes Evie I'm sure go get some sleep. I can handle Mal," Carlos told Evie who smiled as she really was exhausted. "Okay if you're sure! Thank you so much! I am so exhausted right now! Being a single mother literally drains all of your energy! Night Carlos I love you," Evie quickly told Carlos as she went back to her bed and crashed as soon as her head hit the pillow.

Carlos just laughed as he kissed Evie on the forehead "I love you too Evie," Carlos whispered as he then made his way to the nursery to check on his daughter that he hadn't seen in days and who he missed so much and couldn't wait to see again.