Big Sister Responsibilities

Evie was woken up the next day to a bunch of calls from her phone. Evie just groaned as she picked up the phone and answered it. Evie sighed when Ben picked up about a royalty meeting between all of the important royal leaders, and Evie and Carlos needed to be there in about an hour, but they had no babysitter and they weren't even awake yet plus Evie was still wanting to talk about her new discovery about who her father was since she didn't have time to really process it, but she needed to go to this meeting. Her kingdom already had their doubts about them and it didn't help that they were late to a lot of meetings due to the fact that they had a baby and preteen to look after and it was impossible to keep finding babysitters especially ones that they actually trusted or Mal trusted as Mal seemed to cry everytime they left her.

Evie just picked up the sleeping baby and placed her in her rocker hoping that the rocking motion would wake the baby up or at least keep her calm when she did wake up as Evie would need to get ready. She then gently shook Dizzy and Carlos. "Come on guys it's time to get up. Carlos we have another royalty meeting today and Dizzy you need to get up too," Evie told the two as she woke them up and practically forced them out of bed.

Carlos just groaned as he got up. "Ugh another meeting?" Carlos groaned out to Evie as he just wanted to sleep more. Evie just smiled as she looked at Carlos and practically pushed him out the door, but not before kissing him. "Yes we have another meeting now go get ready it starts in an hour and we can't be late again," Evie told her boyfriend as she kissed him and then closed the door. Evie groaned when she saw that Dizzy was still sleeping refusing to get up.

"Dizzy come on please get up. I really need you to get up and watch Mal for me while I get ready. I have another royalty meeting," Evie practically begged the younger girl as she needed to get ready, but she wouldn't feel comfortable getting ready when no one was watching the baby. Dizzy just groaned as she tried to cover herself with her covers and keep sleeping, but Evie just pulled them off of the younger girl as she forced her to wake up.

"Ugh Evieeee! It's too early for this. I just want to sleep. It's the weekend. I never get to sleep in anymore," Dizzy whined out as she slowly got up from her bed and made her way towards the sleeping baby in the rocker. "What? This is so unfair. Why does she get to sleep?" Dizzy asked Evie as she was still barely awake and she didn't think it was fair that she had to get up, but the baby got to keep sleeping. Evie just laughed as she looked at Dizzy.

"Dizzy she gets to keep sleeping because she's a baby. If you were a baby trust me I would let you sleep too, but you're not. Now please just sit near her and watch her for less than an hour while I get ready. Oh and get ready too," Evie told the younger girl as she made her way towards the bathroom so she could get ready. Dizzy just sighed as she changed and got herself ready for the day.

She smiled a bit though when her baby sister began to stir as she woke up. "Hey there my little cutie pie. It looks like it's going to be you and me today," Dizzy told the baby with a smile. Dizzy laughed when she watched the baby reach for her and smile. Dizzy just picked up the giggling baby and decided to get her ready since Dizzy really loves to style people and she was bored plus she would be helping Evie, so it would be a win win.

Dizzy just smiled as she observed her work feeling proud of herself. After Dizzy was finished getting the baby ready and playing dress up with her she grabbed a bottle and filled it with formula as she sat on her bed and fed the baby while also turning on the TV to entertain herself while she waited for Evie to finish getting ready. About halfway through the show Evie came back out and looked at Dizzy in surprise. "Oh wow look at you. You got your sister ready and I didn't even ask you to do that. Oh and you're feeding her too. See I told you that you are going to be an amazing big sister," Evie told the younger girl with a smile while she picked up her baby. She was really proud of Dizzy for taking the responsibility of getting the baby ready and feeding her.

Dizzy just smiled proudly as she was happy that Evie was proud of her for getting Mal ready and feeding her. "I really am going to be a good big sister aren't I?" Dizzy told Evie with a smile. Evie just laughed as she pulled Dizzy into a hug. "For sure. Oh but I totally forgot I'm going to need for you guys to come with us to the meeting. I can't find a babysitter and I would leave you guys here and let you babysit, but you kind of proved that you weren't ready yesterday," Evie told Dizzy.

Dizzy just groaned as she looked at Evie. "Ugh really? I hate your meetings. They're always so boring and long. Why can't you just take Mal? I'm old enough to stay home by myself," Dizzy whined out to Evie as this wasn't the first time that Evie and Carlos would be forcing them to attend one of their meetings. It was always hard to find a babysitter as they really only trusted Jay, but Jay had tourney, so he wasn't available a lot. Which meant a lot of long boring meetings where she had to keep the baby happy and occupied while also being good herself and not making Evie and Carlos look bad.

At first the council didn't like that Evie and Carlos would bring the baby and twelve year old because they didn't like children being at the meetings, but they eventually got over it especially because they managed to keep them well behaved and it helped make the two villain kids look more kind and like everyone else which was good for the kingdom to see. And as long as Mal didn't cry and Dizzy didn't act up then they could keep bringing them which made it so much easier as Evie always felt uneasy leaving her baby even if it was with someone she trusted.

Evie just smiled as she finished packing up a diaper bag. "I know these meetings are boring, but I'll tell you what. If you can behave and keep Mal calm then we can do whatever you want to afterwards. And I know that you are old enough to stay home, but you do a really good job keeping Mal behaved," Evie told Dizzy as she knew that Dizzy hated the meetings and she felt bad that she kept forcing Dizzy to go just because Dizzy helped keep Mal calm.

Dizzy just smiled as she looked at Evie. "Really we can do what I want after the meeting? Okay then I want to get ice cream and go swimming," Dizzy told Evie excitedly as she loved ice cream ever since she had first tried it and swimming was one of her favorite things to do now. Plus it was finally warm enough to go swimming again.

Evie just laughed at the excited girl. "Okay Dizzy after the meeting I will take you to get ice cream and to swim. It will be fun and I think it will be a good way to introduce Mal to water," Evie told Dizzy with a smile. Dizzy smiled big as she began to jump up and down excitedly and practically dragged Evie out the door as she was excited to go to the royal meeting now. "Yay! I can't wait! Let's go!" Dizzy screamed out happily as she dragged Evie towards the door.

Evie just put on a fake smile as she grabbed the diaper bag and the stroller after placing the baby in her stroller and followed the excited younger girl out the door, so they could go to Carlos and Jay's dorm to get Carlos for the meeting. Evie knew that this meeting would be important as it was always something important when Ben called the meeting since he was the main one in charge, and she was a bit worried, but she didn't want Dizzy to know that she was nervous.

When they reached Carlos' dorm Carlos was already practically waiting for them as he had been ready for a while and was just eager to get this meeting over with as he had no clue why Ben would schedule a last minute meeting on a weekend, but it was very concerning. "Okay let's get this over with," Carlos told his girlfriend as he placed his arms over her shoulder and they made their way to the royal meeting that they were all dreading.