Is That A Baby?

In Evie and Mal's Dorm

Evie was organizing and sorting through all the baby supplies while Mal peacefully slept in the purple playpen wrapped in her purple and dragon blanket. It had been a few hours since they had gotten back from the baby store and the boys had gone back to their own dorms after helping bring all the supplies into her dorm.

Mal was now sleeping with a new purple pacifier in her mouth and was wearing a new purple onesie pajama that Evie had put her in after she had gotten back and fed, bathed, and changed her.

Mal was sleeping in the playpen as Evie didn't have time to build the actual crib yet as it was harder to build those than it was to just set up a playpen. She would need the boy's help for building the crib and it was already late at night.

As she finished organizing the clothes which was the last thing she needed to organize she began to walk towards her own bed which was right next to Mal's playpen. She smiled at the baby as she ran her fingers through the baby's hair and kissed her on the forehead before she got into her own bed to sleep, but before she did that she grabbed a night light that she had bought and plugged it in so that Mal wouldn't wake up scared from the dark.

Evie was woken up early the next morning by crying and a loud knock on her door. She sighed in annoyance and anger from the knocking that had woken her baby as she got out of bed to open the door wondering who would be at her dorm so early in the morning? She knew it wasn't Carlos or Jay as they knew it was best to just let Evie tell them when to come over especially in the morning. It couldn't be Ben either as Evie had told him yesterday before he left not to come in the mornings as she didn't want people waking up Mal with their loud knocks.

She was surprised when she saw Lonnie and Jane both at her door. She looked at the two girls with confusion wondering what they were doing at her dorm. The girls noticed her confusion as Lonnie began to speak to her.

"Um Evie we came to check on you guys since you missed dinner last night and breakfast this morning. Are you guys okay? Also it looks like you aren't planning on going to school today," Lonnie told the girl with concern.

She noticed how tired and stressed out Evie looked and for some reason she could hear crying from inside the room. It sounded like a baby, but Lonnie couldn't get a look at the inside of the girl's dorm as Evie had purposely only opened the door a little bit as she didn't want the girls to disturb her baby more.

"Is that a baby?" Jane asked Evie as she had also heard the crying. It sounded exactly like a baby, but as far as she was concerned there were no babies in the school.

Evie just sighed as she didn't feel like explaining to them what happened or answering their questions at the moment. She also began to worry as she had completely forgotten about school. How could she forget about school?

What was she going to do with Mal when she had to go to school? She was interrupted by her thoughts when she realized that the girls were looking at her with even more concerned faces as she had just been staring at the two girls with a blank expression on her face.

Evie immediately snapped out of it as she put on a fake smile and answered the girls. "Oh um yeah we're fine. It's just that Mal wasn't feeling the best last night, so we missed dinner and I figured we would just miss today. Also the baby crying sound is just the tv we were watching a movie and there's a baby in it," she lied as she didn't want to tell them the truth at the moment. She was hoping that this would ease Lonnie and Jane's worries and they would leave so she could tend to her crying baby.