Mommy And Baby Time

Author's Note: I stated in a few chapters before this that they were on winter break, but I decided to change it, so we're just going to say it's around Halloween time instead because Halloween is this weekend and it would actually fit, so if I mention something about Halloween that's why. 

"Okay so I was thinking we should... No Mal don't do that!" Evie practically screamed out as it had been a few days since her and Carlos had gotten engaged and since Mal had finally started crawling.

Evie was trying to plan the wedding with Carlos over the phone while also trying to do her homework and keep Mal from getting into things as the small baby loved to explore now that she was mobile and crawling.

Evie was really struggling as Carlos was out of town on a tourney trip that he couldn't miss meaning Evie was basically a single mother of three for a week while also trying to keep up with school, royalty issues, taking care of Dude, and now trying to plan the wedding as well.

It also really didn't help that Mal was now crawling and getting into everything. Carlos just laughed over the phone as he listened to his fiance call out to their baby. "Aw is Mal causing trouble again. I miss my little puppy so much," Carlos told Evie who laughed as she picked up the baby.

"Yeah she is and she misses you too. She keeps pointing to your pictures," Evie told Carlos, making him laugh. "Really?" Carlos asked Evie who just laughed as she bounced the baby. "Yup and I know Dizzy misses you and I'm pretty sure Celia misses you too even if she won't admit it," Evie told Carlos, making him smile.

"Of course they do. Who wouldn't miss me," Carlos jokingly told Evie who laughed. "Alright well I gotta go. I need to keep studying for this test. I'll call you later bye Carlos I love you," Evie told Carlos who smiled.

"Yeah I should go too. Bye Evie I'll see you soon. I love you too and tell the girls I miss them," Carlos told Evie who smiled. "Will do alright bye," Evie told Carlos as she hung up and then looked at her giggling baby.

"So you're crawling now? Have any ideas of when you might want to start talking? No rush of course, but you know it would really be nice if you could do that soon," Evie told her baby as she was growing impatient.

Mal just giggled as she laid her head down on Evie. "So I'm gonna take that as a I'm not going to start talking anytime soon. Okay yeah no it's cool. You talk when you're ready," Evie told her baby, making Mal laugh.

"Mom what are you doing," Dizzy asked Evie when she came home from school to find Evie trying to have a conversation with the baby. "I'm trying to use reverse psychology on her, so she starts talking," Evie told Dizzy as if what she just said wasn't completely insane.

"Okay Dizzy it's official Carlos leaves for a few days and Evie totally loses it!" Celia told Dizzy who nodded. "Yeah I know! Should we take Mal and run," Dizzy told Celia who nodded.

"Hey Evie can we see Mal," Celia asked Evie, making her laugh as she heard what the younger two had been saying. "I am not crazy. I'm just an impatient mother who wants her baby to start talking like the other babies her age," Evie told the two, making them laugh.

"Yeah, but mom you know babies can't tell what reverse psychology is right," Dizzy told Evie, making her laugh. "Yeah I know, but it's worth a try, so where are you two headed," Evie asked the two when she saw them with bags.

"Oh we're spending the night at a friends house. Remember you told us we could last week," Celia told Evie, making her nod. "Oh yeah I totally forgot! With Mal crawling now and the engagement thing it's just been so hard to remember. So I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," Evie asked Dizzy and Celia who nodded as they hugged her and then left.

Once Dizzy and Celia left Evie just smiled as she looked at Mal. "Well my little apple it looks like it's just you me for the night. You'll never leave me right," Evie asked the baby, making her giggle as she hugged Evie and Evie smiled.

"I'll take that as a yes! Oh I got an idea! Let's make you some Halloween costumes! It's gonna be your first Halloween! How amazing is that! Now I was thinking we could do a cute little pumpkin! What do you think, Mal?" Evie asked her baby who just shrugged as she continued to crawl around.

"You know this would be so much easier if you could actually talk," Evie told her baby who continued to giggle and just crawl around. "Okay you know what we gotta get out of this house! I think I am starting to lose it. Come on sweetie let's go to the park for play group!" Evie told her daughter who smiled and clapped her hands in excitement.

"Yeah you love the park huh!" Evie told her baby as she picked her up and made her walk to the park. When Evie got to the park Mal got really excited as she began to squirm making Evie laugh as she placed Mal down and the baby quickly crawled over to the other babies to play.

"Oh Evie you're back! We haven't seen you at play group in a while we figured you gave up," one of the bratty moms told Evie, making her roll her eyes as she was sick of the older moms always treating her differently because she was a teenager.

"Like I told you before Karen I am not giving up being a mother! And as much as I would love to stop coming to these play group things and seeing you and the rest of your judgemental friends my daughter loves it and so I'm not going to stop because I am not selfish," Evie told the lady with an attitude as she was sick of the adults acting like she was some lazy and irresponsible kid that would just give up her kids so easily.

The lady just scoffed as she looked at Evie. "Yeah well your daughter is eating sand again," the annoying lady told Evie, making her groan when she looked over to see Mal as the only baby eating the sand.

"Mal! No! Put the sand down! We don't eat sand!" Evie screamed out as she ran to grab her baby while the other moms just started laughing. "You think this is funny! At least my baby doesn't bite!" Evie told the mom as she pointed to the lady's son that was biting another baby, making the lady's eyes widen as she ran to her son making Evie laugh in victory as she picked up Mal and left.

When she got back home Evie laughed as she placed Mal in her bouncer. "You know you may eat sand, but at least you've never hurt another baby," Evie told her daughter who giggled.

"Okay well now that we've had a bit of fresh air you want to help mommy plan her wedding since dada is too busy and big sissies are too "cool" to hang out with me," Evie playfully asked her baby who giggled and nodded making Evie laugh as she picked up Mal. "Okay great! Just point to the one you want" Evie told her baby excitedly as she pulled out some of her options and held them out to the baby.