Chapter 39: Second Act

CLARKE POV
It's the second act and I will open it with my solo. The first act went by smoothly but I'm more worried now since most of my scenes are solo or with a different actor. I only have two scenes with Lexa. The whole family was in our locker room laughing and relaxing until Costia came in knocking on the door. Lexa, Raven and Octavia stood up fast.

Lexa: What do you want Costia?

Costia: Can I talk to Clarke for a second?

Lexa: No you can't.

Me: Calm down guys. It's okay. Let's talk outside, Costia.

Lexa: Clarke, you can't.

Me: Let's give her the benefit of the doubt okay? I'll be fine.

Lexa nods as Costia and I went outside to talk.

Costia: I'm here to say break a leg. I know we landed on bad terms but I hope we get past it and be friends.

Me: You're a nice person, Costia. And you are great in theater. Don't lose hope.

Costia gives me a smile and leaves. I went back in and everybody looks at me worried. I just chuckled.

Me: I'm fine guys. Calm down. She just apologized to me.

Raven: I thought I'm going to kill someone tonight.

We all laugh. Then Ms. Darbus comes in and tells us that we're starting in a few minutes. So our friends and family left to got to their chairs.

 So our friends and family left to got to their chairs

Lexa: Did she really apologized?

Me: Yes she did.

Lexa nods as we change into our costumes. We went to the backstage as I read through my script. But I don't know where my script was so Lexa offered me hers. When I run through it, I notice my lines were different. I start to panic.

Lexa: Hey is everything okay?

Me: I..uh. I- my lines.. They- uh. What are these lines?

Lexa: It's the lines for the second act.

Me: No, no. These aren't my lines.

Lexa: What do you mean? We rehearsed for months.

Me: I got a new script last week! And it's what I've been memorizing. The past week we've only been rehearsing the first act.

Lexa: What do you mean? Clarke, this is not a joke.

I was pacing back and forth and Ms. Darbus came to tell us we're on in two minutes. But she noticed my worry.