Chapter 12: Brunch

LEXA POV
Raven's mom arrived and when Clarke greeted her, Raven was trying to call out Clarke. Raven said it in a soft voice but Clarke, Octavia and I heard it. Clarke wanted to go near Raven but Raven dragged her mom inside to start eating.

Raven: Let's eat I'm starving.

All of us gather around the dining table when questions were starting to roll out.

Indra: So, Lexa right? How is Raven as roommate?

Me: Oh she's nice Mrs. Reyes. She knows how share stuff and we alternately cook for each other.

Indra: That's nice to hear. And pls call me Indra.

Abby: I'm sorry Octavia, you can't expect Clarke to cook. Unless your want toasted toast.

Clarke: Heyy!!!

All of us laugh around the table except for Raven.

Octavia: Clarke actually made some french toast the other day and she didn't burn it. In fact, it was perfect and delicious.

Abby and Marcus' eyes widen. I look at Clarke grinning. I just inwardly chuckle. She's cute and proud.

Abby: You cooked?!

Clarke: I did. Thanks to Lexa. She's a great teacher unlike you guys.

Clarke laughs and I just shake my head.

Me: I knew you had it all in you.

Raven: You made french toast and you didn't tell me?

Uh-oh. Raven's starting again. Clarke looks at Raven shyly and Octavia and I look at each other worried.

 Clarke looks at Raven shyly and Octavia and I look at each other worried

Clarke: I.uh- I did. But something happened that night and I-

Raven: Save it, Griffin.

All of us around the table was quiet. Clarke looked down and notice she quickly wiped a tear from her eyes. Marcus clears his throat and we look at him

Marcus: So, Octavia and Lexa, what are you majors?

Octavia: I'm in management

Lexa: I'm in Music and Theater

Abby: Wow theater. I think Clarke has theater, right sweetie?

We all look at Clarke who's in her own world looking down the table. I nudge Clarke to tell her Abby is talking to her. She looks up.

Clarke: Uh what? Sorry.