Chapter 14: Late Night Talk

LEXA POV
After a long day full of emotions, I think about how I would apologize to Clarke. I had debates on my head and what to say. After a few minutes of deliberation, I decided I should speak to her now. I sit up and clear my throat.

Me: Clarke?

She doesn't answer me but she shifts in the couch. I can't see if she's awake or not since the lights are dark. I sat there frozen and I think I was quiet way too long that Clarke came near the bed and opened the lampshade.

Clarke: Is everything okay?

I look at her and she just stares at me back. I look at her wavy golden hair that flows down and her ocean blue eyes that sparkles through the dimmed light.

Clarke: Lexa?

I realized I was staring again. I clear my throat.

Me: I uh- hmmm. I want to talk to you, if that's okay.

Clarke: oh. About what?

I pat the side of the bed for her to sit and she did. I cross my legs and face her. She did the same. And now, we were both staring at each other and I notice how blue her eyes really are, and I could just drown. Clarke waves her hands in front of my eyes and I just blink.

Clarke: Lexa? Are you okay?

Me: Right. I uh.. hmm. I wanted to apologize.

I look at Clarke who was just looking at me.

Me: I apologize to how I acted yesterday at the hallways. It was wrong of me to just yell at you like that.

Clarke: It's okay. It was my fault anyway, I shouldn't have barge in your room. It's me who should apologize for interrupting "that"

Me: No. I'm glad you did.

Clarke looks at me confused and I just chuckle.

Me: I have to come clean to you.

Clarke nods and I breathe in. I have to tell her who I am. Or rather, who I was.

Me: Before, I was a major badass

Me: Before, I was a major badass. I mean, I still am, but I have a bad reputation. The fight Octavia and I had when we cooked French toast? She was just warning me.

Clarke: What do you mean?

Me: Well, I always do hookups, Clarke. Like everytime. Every girl I see, I have been you know. And Octavia wasn't so keen on making friends with them. And when she met you, she told me that you are the best. And you really are. So she kind of told me to stay away from you, at least not hook up with you.