Chapter 7: Groceries and French Toast

LEXA POV
I can't believe I have the same class as Clarke. I guess attending theater class will be more exciting than I thought it would. I went over near Clarke and we sat together through class. I wasn't able to really focus on the discussion as I am distracted to a certain blonde sitting beside me. Every now and then, I steal glances to her. I hope she doesn't notice, cause if she does, it would be so awkward. And weird.

Wait, why am I even thinking about her?

Class ended and Clarke and I walk out of class. The two of us have no class anymore so we are both free. I wanted to ask if she wants to go grab some snacks but she has other plans to go to the grocery store. I quickly asked if I can go with and when I saw her shock, I ramble things explaining that it's okay if she doesn't want to.

When I heard her chuckle, I stopped talking. Her giggle is so cute I could repeat it all day.

Clarke: t's okay Lexa. If you want to, you can come.

Me: I'd love to.

I smile at Clarke and nod. We went to the parking lot and she offered that she will drive since it's her errand. I just agreed and rode her car. While we were driving, I just stare at her. I don't know why I keep on staring at her. She then looks at me confused. I clear my throat.

Clarke: Is everything okay?

Me: Oh uh, yeah. It's just cool seeing a female driver.

Oh wow, what an excuse, Lexa.

Clarke: You don't drive?

Me: I do. But..I -uh..

Okay i'm screwed. I look at her and she just chuckles. I smile hearing her laugh. We arrive at the store and I offered to push the cart.

Me: So, what are we doing here?

Clarke: Buying some stuff.

Me: Octavia and I came shopping yesterday, do you guys need more?

Clarke: Oh. Uh no. But I don't want to take Octavia's things.

Me: Octavia wouldn't mind you know. I know she's more than willing to share.

Clarke: I know but I just want to have my own things.

Clarke sighs and takes the cart from me. Uh oh. I think I overstep the line. Clarke and I aren't "friends" yet. I ran towards her.

Me: Sorry if I overstep, Clarke

Clarke: It's okay, you didn't mean to.

Me: Can I take the cart back, please?

I look at her with puppy eyes and she just giggles.