Chapter 21: Opening Night

CLARKE POV
Tonight is opening night. I'm nervous as hell, I mean I shouldn't be right? I'm not the one acting, I'm just the costume and design lead. Well, if my designs and costume fail, the whole show will fail. We all gather at the backstage to do everyone's ritual. I don't have one since I'm new to theater. I find Lexa and she's in her booth and looks like she's meditating. I try to think of my own ritual and I have no idea what, so I just sat near the costumes and breathe in and breathe out.

Lexa: Doing your own ritual?

I open my eyes and see Lexa sitting beside me.

Me: Everyone's doing something, and I don't.

Lexa: You just have to think about something that will relax you.

I think for a second and smile. I stood up and grabbed my bag. Lexa looks at me confused and she just chuckled.

Me: Art makes me relax. So right now, it's what I'm doing.

Lexa nods at me. I open my sketchbook and start sketching. At first I didn't know what to draw but the moment I look at Lexa, I knew what.

Lexa: Wow Clarke. Whose eyes are those?

I chuckle and took my phone out. I quickly snap a photo of her and she just chuckles.

Lexa: What was that for?

Me: Just look dummy.

I zoom the photo to Lexa's eyes and and show her my drawing.

Lexa: It's my eyes. Clarke...This is.. Wow. Amazing.

The two of us stare for each other. I look at her forest green eyes and they are just beautiful, I can get lost to them. We get snap back to reality as my parents walk in the dressing room with Raven and Octavia.

Abby: Clarke, Lexa, there you are.

Lexa: Abby, Marcus! You're here!

Me: Hey mom!

Marcus: Clarke, we can't wait to see your work, sweetie. And Lexa, we're proud of you.

I look at Lexa with a wide smile and she tears up a bit. So she quickly engulfs mom and dad with a hug. I'm so happy she feels that she's a part of our family.

Darbus: Okay everyone, places!!!

We said goodbyes to Raven, Octavia and my parents. They went to go to their sits. They sat in front of course, perks of being friends and family with students of the theater team.

The play started and all of us do everything that was assigned to us. The play was moving smoothly until one major problem emerges.

Darbus: Emergency! Emergency!!!