Chapter 36: Bed All Day

LEXA POV
Our team won the championships this season. I'm so happy with that. The only sad part is that I can't go to the after party nor be awarded as the champion. I also don't know if I'm the MVP or not. I'm at the hospital right now getting checked. Clarke insisted I come here because I might have broken bones or something.

I wake up feeling only a little pain on my knee. I groan as I see the big cast in my leg. I look at Clarke who was sleeping in my bedside. I wake her up.

Clarke: Hey babe, how are you feeling?

Me: Fine.

Clarke: You know you don't have to act tough now right? It's just us.

Me: Where's the doctor? Can I go home now?

Clarke: I'm not sure.

I kind of snap at Clarke because I wanted to receive the championship trophy. I know it isn't her fault but I really do want to leave the hospital now. Clarke leaves my side and go look for a doctor.

Doctor: Hello Ms

Doctor: Hello Ms. Woods, I'm Dr. Torres. I just got your x-ray results and your knees aren't broken but they are swelling. It's hard for you to walk for weeks, sometimes months. Depending on how fast the healing goes.

Me: At least I can still play.

Doctor: Not until your knee heals up, Lexa. If you don't take care of it, it will lead to you not playing ever. So, rest.

I just nod. The doctor talked to Clarke outside and I want to know what. Raven and Octavia came by with some of my things and they stopped to talk to the doctor too.

Me: What did the doctor say?

Clarke: Nothing. Just some instructions.

Me: What kind of instructions?

Clarke: You know, things like not making you do extraneous activities, things like that.

Me: Why didn't she just say it to me?

Clarke: I don't know.

Octavia: Maybe she knows you won't listen.

The three of them laugh and I just groan.

Me: Are we going home now?

Clarke: Sorry babe. Doctor says you need to be monitored for at least a day here.

Me: What?! Of course not! I want to go home. I hate hospitals.

Raven: Calm down, Woods. This is for your own good.