Chapter 8: Ooppss

LEXA POV
After Clarke and I went to the grocery store, I helped her make some french toast. It caught me off guard when she jumped at me a hugged me. I froze for a second but I hugged her back, taking in her scent. Wow she smells good. It sucks that she realized she was hugging me because she let go of me immediately. We were having our moment when Octavia came in.

Clarke was so excited she didn't burn any food today that she offered Octavia to make one for her and for Raven. I just chuckled but Octavia gave me a knowing look. She dragged me to the living room.

Octavia: What happened to not touching her?

Me: I was being friendly, O.

Octavia: No. that's not friendly. That's you flirting.

I scoff. I may have been flirting a bit, small touches here and there. But that's it.

Octavia: Lexa, Clarke is the nicest and purest person I know. She's an amazing roommate. Please please please, she's off limits.

Me: You think I don't know that? Of course I do! I was being a nice friend, Octavia. Stop judging me.

I got a bit carried away to what Octavia said. I mean she's right, I have a bad reputation but Clarke doesn't deserve any bad treatment from me or from anyone. I just wanted to be her friend.

I grabbed my stuff and walked out.

It's been a week since I helped Clarke cook some simple french toast. I haven't really been hanging out much with her or the rest. Clarke and I see each other at Theater Class but I ignore her too. I sit in-front so she won't come talk to me.

I know I'm hurting her or making her confused now, but Octavia is right

I know I'm hurting her or making her confused now, but Octavia is right. I am no good for Clarke.
————————————————————-

CLARKE POV
I was making some more french toast when Lexa just walked out the door. I look at Octavia who flopped down the couch groaning. I quickly finished the sandwich and made my way to the living room.

I give her the plate and offer a sweet smile.

Me: I didn't burn it.

Octavia looks at me and chuckles.

Octavia: Yea you didn't. I'm proud of you, Clarkie.

I smile at her. She pats the couch for me to sit. And i just sat there silently as I eat the sandwich I made.

Octavia: I know you want to know.

I look at Octavia and put down my food

Me: You don't have to tell me. I'm your roommate, being here just sitting beside you is the least thing I can do.