Chapter 23: Family & Friends

LEXA POV
After our walk to the beach, we all went back home with the biggest smile on our faces. It's been a week, and for the past week, we went to different spots Raven and Clarke usually hang out. And in all honesty, it's amazing. There were a lot of beautiful spots in San Francisco. I thought it was just one of the busy cities like LA. But Clarke and Raven made it so amazing. Especially with Clarke. Oh did I mention, we almost kissed? Clarke and I almost kissed! Does this mean she likes me too?

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and we all separated in twos. Clarke and Octavia then Raven and me. The four of us went to the mall to buy gifts for Christmas. After an hour, we all meet at Shake Shack inside the mall.

Me: So, what did you get me?

Clarke: Who says I got something for you?

I fake hurt. and she just chuckles at me. After we all ate, we went back home to help marinate the food we are all going to cook for tomorrow's Christmas Eve dinner. Since Abby and Marcus had a 24-hour shift so we can all be together in Christmas, the four of us were in charge in buying all necessary ingredients and do the preparation.

Me: So, what are we going to do?

Clarke: Mom and dad always make steak but a different steak. With the marinated sauce and stuff. Some dessert, potatoes, I don't know. Raven knows how. Don't ask me.

We all laugh knowing Clarke can't cook. But of course, I won't let her not cook right? Clarke walks to the living room but I pull her in the kitchen. She groans

Me: Oh you're cooking, missy.

Clarke: I don't know how!!!

Me: I'll teach you. Come on.

Raven groans and we both look at her as Octavia chuckles.

Raven: Ugh, will you two stop being sweet and let's start prepping?

All of us started prepping and I look at Clarke actually enjoying it. After we were done and putting it in the fridge. I laugh as Clarke walks to bed and flops down groaning.

Clarke: Whooo. That was tiring.

Me: Tiring? You just put the sauce on the container.

Clarke sits up and protest.

Clarke: Hey, I did more than that.

Me: Yea, sit down and pre-taste in.

Clarke frowns and I just chuckle. We both lay down and fell asleep.

I wake up to someone jumping on the bed. I look up and see Clarke.

Clarke: Finally you're awake!! Come on, it's Christmas Eve Day!!!

Clarke sits up and rans outside. I just chuckle at how excited she is about Christmas. I went to the bathroom to clean up and made my way downstairs.
——————————————————