Chapter 24: Starry Starry Night

CLARKE POV
It's been two days since Lexa's parents left in the middle of Christmas. This morning, Bellamy and his family also left since they were going to the wife's hometown for the rest of the holidays. After all of us had our daily afternoon movie and snacks, I offered to clean up since Raven wanted to take Octavia out on a date and my parents had to go to their shift. Lexa and I were left in the house but I told Lexa she can go roam around the city or rest.

After I clean up the house, I went to look for Lexa. She wasn't in the living room, not in my room nor in Raven and Octavia's room. I looked around the house and she wasn't around. I called her and her phone was in my room. I start to panic. I was running downstairs when I heard something from the backyard. I waked there and followed the noise.

It was almost dark so it was hard to see if it was Lexa. But I didn't want to turn the lights on in case she wants to be in the dark. I slowly walked and saw she found my old portable piano. She sat around the small gazebo and started playing. I just stood her silently as I watch her play.

I watch as Lexa starts playing a familiar song. She's been playing this in the dorms for the past few months. She's playing and singing so beautifully. I slowly walk towards her and when she saw me, she didn't stop. Rather, she encouraged me to sing with her. And I did.

Me: Wow Lex, you finished the song.

Lexa: I'm surprised you know.

Me: I always hear you playing this at night when you can't sleep.

Lexa chuckles.

Lexa: I forgot I mostly sleep in your room.

Me: Yea. So, what's the song about?

Lexa: Nothing specific. But it's like me wondering what would my life be without having parents that are busy. Wondering how I am now with different experiences, if I chose another path instead of this. You know? It's not supposed to be a sad song. Just a wonder.

Me: Hmm. I'm glad you decided to choose this path because we met. We all have wonders in life, Lex. All we have to do is enjoy what we have decided and if we're not happy, we can always choose another one. It will be hard but still, it's our life.

Lexa: Thank you, Clarke. Thank you for bringing my parents here in San Francisco even just for a few hours.

Me: Hmm, I kind of failed didn't I?

Lexa chuckles at me and so did I. I stood up a bit and opened the Christmas lights around the gazebo so we could have better light and see each other clearly.

Lexa: Oh, I didn't know there were lights. It looks amazing.

Me: Yea, this is where I think too. Come on, I'll show you something.
--------------------------------------

LEXA POV
While Clarke was cleaning up, I went to the backyard and found a piano. When I played, Clarke was there and we sang the song I wrote. Her voice is amazing. We got a little bit of talking when suddenly she pulled me to go somewhere. I just followed her.

 I just followed her