Chapter Fifty Two

Start from the beginning

"Where is it?", he asked, looking at the five students. "Where is what?", Peter blinked. 

"The werewolf, of course.", he said. 

"He  is right here.", Sirius fired back. 

"Do you have any questions?",  Harold asked, ignoring him. 

"Will it hurt?", James asked quietly. "Yes.", he said grimly, "Quite a lot.". 

"I need you to know that you are binded to a magical contract. You may not stand up from the chairs until he is done, no matter what. If you try to, you will be knocked down.", the young man said. 

"There is also a chance of death during this process.", Howard added. 

"Death? That wasn't mentioned!", Sirius roared.

 "You are binded.", Howard shrugged. 

"I am legally required to tell only the friends the process, not the werewolf.", Howard said, ushering Remus away from them, performing a silencing charm around himself and the students. 

"First, I'll give him a pill, made of silver. When he swallows it, it will burn his throat, and all the way to his stomach. It will make sure he it- he is a werewolf.", Harold said, "Next, I'll take a silver needle, and with my wand, I'll make a tattoo. One on his neck, the other on his shoulder.". 

Lily let out a noise of astonishment, glaring at him. "This is the hard part. The silver might kill him, but if he passes out, he will die. You can't tell him, or else he will be tense. If you try to tell him, then the contract won't allow you.", Harold finished. 

Sirius glared at him, resisting the urge to punch him. James flipped him off as Harold removed the silencing charm. 

Sirius walked towards Remus, grabbing his hands. "What's going to happen?", he paled. 

Sirius opened his mouth, feeling the magic bind his lips as he tried to form the words. "I- It's a contract, I'm so sorry, it won't let me. Just-", he said, his voice cracking on the last word. 

He looked down, trying not to cry. Peter took over, "Moony, you'll be okay. Just don't go to sleep, alright?". 

"O-okay.", Remus whispered. 

"James?", Remus gasped. James was crying. He opened his mouth, a strangled noise coming out. "Sirius?", he asked, his eyes flickering to his boyfriend. 

"Just don't go to sleep, Moons.", Sirius swallowed. "Lily?", he asked, looking at her. 

Lily looked down, before wrapping her arms around him.

Harold told Remus' friends to sit down, waving his wand, creating a barrier around them. He waved Remus towards the cot, watching, as he sat down, gripping the edges tightly.  

"Take off your shirt.", he instructed. "Do I have to?", he reddened. Harold nodded, as Remus pulled off his shirt, trying his best to cover himself. 

"Swallow this.", the man said, handing Remus a pill and a glass of water. Remus stared at it, before looking at his friends, and then gulped the pill down. 

There was fire in his throat, burning the edges. He couldn't breathe, clawing at his throat. "Please.", he whimpered. There were cries coming from his friends, but he couldn't open his eyes. He coughed, the pill coming back out, with blood all over it. 

Harold waved his wand, sending the pill into a glass bottle. The room was spinning as Remus tried not to close his eyes, gritting his teeth. His head was about to explode.