new girlfriend || h. webb

"Did her flight land yet?" Harrison had been calling me for updates all day, excited to finally meet my little sister after having only been able to talk to her over FaceTime for the past year of us dating.

I moved closer to where people were exiting from the flight so I could see Allie as soon as she came out. "Yep, about a minute ago. Someone's excited," I teased, and I could sense the blush that was spreading across his face.

"Maybe a little bit." I heard his name being called by one of the guys and his voice was muffled as he answered the person. "Hey, I have to go. I can grab us some food before I come home, probably around 5:00?"

I agreed, spotting a familiar head of hair round the corner and said a quick goodbye to Harrison before rushing to meet her. A smile broke across her face when she saw me and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"(Y/N)! I rode on the plane all by myself and the nice ladies gave me juice and pretzels and I got to sit with the pilot!" I laughed and squeezed her tightly, grabbing her hand and leading her out of the airport as she continued to tell me all about her flight.

I sent my parents a quick message to let them know she was okay after we got settled in the car. They were a little uncertain letting her get on a plane by herself, but she was such an independent little girl that I knew she would be fine.

"Where's Harrison?" Of course that was the first thing she wanted to know. As much as she talked about him, I would have sworn she was more excited about spending Christmas with him than me.

"He had some work stuff to do today so it's just going to be us for a little while." I took a peek in the review mirror to see her disappointed frown and sighed. "I guess you don't want to spend time with your big sister who missed you oh so much. That's too bad, I had so much fun stuff planned."

Her head shot over to me at the prospect of "fun stuff" and she smiled. "I missed you too, all the time." My heart melted at her sweetness and I decided to take her to Starbucks for a treat. "Can I have coffee? Mommy doesn't let me have coffee."

"Haha, very funny. There is no way you need any more energy." She settled for a cake pop and a hot chocolate, happily chomping the rest of the way home.

I helped her bring all of her luggage inside and she immediately gravitated to the baking supplies spread on the counter. "Cookies?" She was giving me a hopeful grin and I nodded, pulling a chair over so she could be tall enough to reach everything.

"I thought we could make Harrison some gingerbread cookies as a little surprise for when he comes home since they're his favorite," I said, and she bounced excitedly. "I know for a fact he'll want to decorate them with you later."

"Really?" The thought of Harrison wanting to spend time with her made her absolutely giddy, and I was so excited for them to finally meet each other.

After the cookies were put in the oven, I suggested a Christmas movie and she happily curled up beside me on the couch. She was just about to burst into the next song in the movie when keys in the door made her stop and look up at me with excitement.

Harrison came inside with a pizza in one hand, smiling over at us. "Where did this tiny human come from?"

She giggled at the phrase and ducked her head a bit, suddenly bashful. "I'm (Y/N)'s sister Allie." Harrison kneeled down in front of her and looked between the two of us, studying her.

"Of course you are, you are every bit as gorgeous as your sister." He pinched her cheek and smiled, giving my cheek a kiss. "It smells lovely in here, what have you girls been up to?"

I nudged Allie and she hesitantly took his hand, pulling him into the kitchen to show him the gingerbread cookies cooling on the counter. "(Y/N) said they were your favorite!!"

"She would he absolutely correct," he said, a smile on his face as I wrapped my arms around his waist in a hug. He slipped his arm around me and gestured over to the box of pizza. "I hope pepperoni was okay?"

"Yes, pepperoni is perfect," I said, grabbing plates down from the cabinet. As soon as we sat down to eat, Allie completely warmed up to Harrison and they were talking a mile a minute.

I suggested she change into some pajamas so we could start decorating the cookies and she ran up the stairs. I took the opportunity to clean the kitchen a little, but Harrison grabbed me around the waist on my way past and pulled me down into his lap.

"I absolutely adore her," he said, his smile making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. "I might just love her more than you."

His teasing made me smile and Allie came in just as he leaned in to kiss me. "Eww," she said, her nose scrunching up at the PDA. Harrison gave me a mischievous smile before standing up and starting to chase after her, her squeals and his cackles filling the house until he grabbed her and began tickling her relentlessly.

"Alright, enough with the torture. Are you children ready to decorate?" I waved one of the cookies at them and Harrison scooped her up, plopping her down on the counter.

When all of the gingerbread men were dressed and smiling, Allie begged to finish watching the movie from earlier. "I don't know, it's getting a little late," I said, watching her yawn and shake her head.

"Please," she said, looking to her new partner in crime for some backup. Harrison gave me his puppy eyes and a pout, making me finally give in to them.

She opted to cuddle up to Harrison this time, taking the place I normally would. "Looks like you have a new girlfriend," I said, making Allie blush. It didn't take long for her to drift off and I was about to point it out to Harrison when I noticed he was asleep too.

I smiled at the two of them, snapping a quick picture and sending it to my mom along with the ones from our cookie decorating. My phone rang not long after and I answered it in the kitchen. "Aren't they cute?"

"I'm so happy to see that she's having fun. She's been talking about meeting Harrison since you begged us to let her come," my mom said, and I could hear the smile in her voice. "He must be a very nice boy."

I leaned against the door frame and smiled softly in at them. "Yeah Mom, he really is."