christmas eve || k. lawley

"I don't inderstand why we have to fight about this," (Y/B/N) said, rolling his eyes and acting like he was the one who should be exasperated.

"Oh I don't know, maybe because you slept with someone else? And don't even try to tell me you didn't," I said, angry tears streaming down my face.

"You would believe rumors over your own boyfriend? I can't believe you are fighting with me on Christmas Eve," he said, starting to grab his coat and a small gift bag I assumed was for me.

"They aren't rumors if they're proven true. And I'm pretty sure I'm not the one ruining Christmas, you are," I said. He shoved the bag toward me but I just turned away. "I don't want it."

"Fine. We're done," he said, slamming the front door behind him. I stood in dumbfounded silence, unable to believe what had just happened. In a few short minutes my Christmas spirit had been completely extinguished.

I sat on the couch, not sure what to do. I felt numb, not even sure how I was supposed to feel. There was no sadness, no anger, nothing. I pulled my phone out and texted Franny.

(Y/N): hey where are you, i really need to talk
fran: omg is everything okay?? i'm at kian's house
(Y/N): yeah i'm fine, we can just meet up tomorrow
fran: no come over right now

I had completely forgotten about Kian's party. When I had suggested it to (Y/B/N) he had scoffed and declared neither of us was going. He was always jealous of Kian, like I would cheat on him. Ha.

Well, he wasn't here now and I was going to go salvage what I could of this Christmas Eve. I grabbed my house keys and walked out the door, being greeted by a torrential downpour.

I sighed and pulled the hood of my jacket over my head, walking the quick five minutes to Kian's house.

When I got there, I stopped at the door with my arm raised to knock. Suddenly the sadness hit me and I couldn't stop my tears. I knocked anyway and Kian answered with a bright smile, bringing a gust of warm air from inside.

His bright smile faded when he saw what a mess I was.

"(Y/N)! Did you walk here?" He peered out, probably expecting to see (Y/B/N)'s car but there was no one else.

I let him wrap his arm around me and lead me inside. He ran to grab me a towel and I just stood on his doormat, not wanting to drip water everywhere.

"(Y/N), is that you? Oh my gosh what happened?" I sobbed out the whole story while Kian wrapped a towel around me. They both led me into his living room where Bobby, Corey, and Jc were sprawled on the floor in front of a board game.

The room was completely silent as Kian insisted I sit down, telling me not to worry about the couch getting wet. I finally took a deep breath and broke the stillness.

"Can everyone stop looking at me like I'm an injured puppy? So what, my boyfriend slept with someone else. Big deal. I'll live." I dried my tears and everyone smiled.

"Exactly, you don't need him," Bobby said, putting a hand on my knee. Everyone nodded in agreement.

"So, do whatever you were doing before I ruined your night," I said, pulling the towel tighter around me.

"Are you kidding? You didn't ruin anything," Franny said, giving me a big hug. I smiled and felt my shoulders relax for the first time all day.

Kian stayed on the couch beside me and I could feel him inching closer and closer until our knees were touching.

"I miss us hanging out," he said. I nodded and looked over at him.

"(Y/B/N) was always jealous of you," I said. Kian raised his eyebrows in surprise and I laughed.

"You're kidding!"

"Nope, not at all. I get why though," I said, turning back to the intense game of Monopoly happening in front of us.

Kian's eyebrows rose even higher, if that was humanly possible. He gulped and looked at me. "Why? I mean, why do you get it?"

"I don't know. You're cute and funny and so much better than him in every way possible," I said, trying to keep the blush from my cheeks.

"Well," Kian said, pecking me on the cheek. "We can arrange for something to happen, if you want." He nervously played with his fingers and I grabbed one of his hands.

"Yeah, that sounds great," I said, causing a smile to spread over his face.