what happened to date night? || jc caylen

"Bye babe, I'll see you tomorrow. I'm so excited for our date!" Jc made a kissy face at the camera and I returned it before hitting the red end call button.

I sighed and leaned back in the couch, suddenly feeling extremely tired. I had been feeling a little off the past couple of days but I had been pushing it off as nothing and acting like my normal, energetic self when Jc and I FaceTime'd.

He was currently somewhere filming for a movie and as much as I loved him chasing his dream, I also loved him being home with me. However I was thrilled to see him and even more excited to have a date night with him. It had seemed like forever since that happened.

I got the motivation to lift myself off of the couch and lugged my tired body to the kitchen. Everything I looked at made my stomach roll so I settled on toast, feeling like it was a pretty safe option.

When I had finally choked it down, I decided that maybe going to bed would be the best idea. It was only 8:00 but I just felt so tired and couldn't bring myself to do anything else.

I fell into the bed, sighing at the cold sheets as they made contact with my cheek and legs. I hadn't realized how hot I was until that moment. I thought about taking a cold shower and, while the idea was nice, I couldn't drag myself back up off the matress.

I fell asleep withought even changing into pajamas or taking my makeup off. I was having a wonderful sleep until something woke me up.

I blinked my eyes open and looked around the room, trying to figure out what would've caused me to wake up until I felt my stomach roll.

I quickly stood up and ran to the bathroom, collapsing to the ground but I couldn't bring myself to throw up. It was probably my least favorite thing to do, so I took deep breaths and sat still.

If Jc were here, he would be rubbing my back and kissing my forehead and telling me it was okay, but he wasn't. I continued to take deep breaths and carefully layed down on the tile floor.

It was cold and felt so good against my feverish head, so I closed my eyes and fell asleep again.

"(Y/N)? Baby wake up," I heard a voice say. I squinted my eyes open to see a mess of curly hair and concerned eyes looking down at me.

"Jc," I whispered as he pulled me into his lap. He must've just gotten back, his body cold from the breeze outside and I nuzzled into his neck.

"Jeez, your head is on fire. Are you okay?" He was rubbing my shoulder and kissing my forehead, just like I knew he would.

"Yeah, I'm fine now. I didn't feel good earlier and I must've just fallen asleep in here," I said. "I feel better now that you're here though."

He smiled and brushed hair away from my eyes as he carefully picked me up and carried me back to the bed, pulling a throw around my shivering body.

He gave me some Tylenol and told me to go back to sleep, which I happily obliged.

When I woke up for the third time I was wrapped up in Jc's arms. I looked up to see him smiling down at me.

"Hey," I whispered. He kissed the edge of my nose and I crinkled it whi h caused him to giggle. I started to pull myself away but he firmly pulled me back into his side.

"You have absolutely no reason to be getting up right now," he said. I furrowed my brows at him.

"Um don't you remember? We have a date night tonight? For Christmas?" I was the one with the feverish brain but I could still remember our coversation from last night.

"No we're rescheduling that. You still don't feel good, I can tell. We're just going to lay in bed all day and watch Christmas movies, okay?"

"No! We have both been looking forward to a date and we're getting one," I protested.

He nodded and smile. "Just not today. That's why we're reacheduling," he said, pulling a strand of my hair.