classy || k. lawley

"Are you sure it's okay for us to have a fake Christmas tree? I know how much you like real ones," Kian said as he pulled the plastic tree from it's box.

"Absolutely. Less mess, less hassle. The apartment would be too small anyways," I said with a smile. He reached over and gave my cheek an affectionate pinch which made me smile even wider.

We began to attach all of the pieces together until we had a nice six foot tree in front of us. I went to the storage closet in search of some ornaments and lights while Kian began to fluff out the branches, covering up any holes.

"Do we want to go classic red and green or do we want to do blue and silver?" I popped my head around the corner to see Kian contemplating my question as he continued to fluff.

"I think we should do classic, as long as you have gold ornaments too. It always looks better with gold," he said.

I continued searching until I spotted a box of gold ornaments shoved in the back corner of the top shelf. I got up on my tippy-toes and tried to grab it to no avail.

"Hey shorty, I got it," Kian said, coming up behind me and grabbing the box with ease. I playfully shoved him and we went back out to the living room.

The lights were strung and Kian had started burning a pine scented candle in the kitchen, making the room smell as if we had a real Christmas tree.

"I believe you should do the honors of the first ornament," Kian said, getting down on one knee and handing me one of the balls. I laughed and curtsied, taking it from him and putting it on a branch.

We continued to laugh and decorate for awhile until I decided to make some hot chocolate. I made both of us a cup and brought my phone into the living room to play some Christmas music.

"Grinch or Rudolph?" I scrolled through my albums to find the G's, figuring he would pick the Grinch.

"Polar Express," he answered, surprising me. It was my favorite Christmas movie but he didn't like it as much. I happily turned it on and we continued decorating until the tree was completely covered.

I stood back to admire our work as Kian grabbed the star. He handed it to me and I frowned.

"I think I need a stool," I said with a giggle. Kian smirked at me and before I knew it he picked me up and was holding me up to the tree. I giggled and placed the star on, straightening it before Kian put me back on the ground.

"Okay, now big reveal," he said. I drummed on my knees as he turned the lights off and plugged the tree in. The living room was bathed in a soft glow and I grinned.

He disappeared into the kitchen, coming back with a bottle of wine and two glasses. I watched him pour and hold a glass out to me.

"Uh Kian, I'm not 21 yet," I said, pushing the glass back towards him. He shrugged and held it out to me again.

"You're only a few months away. I don't think the police are going to bust down the door," he said with a wink.

I took the glass from him and took a tiny sip. It was actually not as bad as I thought it would be and Kian smiled.

"Good right?" I laughed and nodded, sitting down on the couch. I patted the spot beside me but Kian shook his head and promptly pulled me back up.

He took my glass from me and sat it down on the coffee table along with his own. I gave him a confused look but he just walked over to my phone and exchanged Polar Express for some classic Frank Sinatra.

He grabbed my hand and wrapped his other arm around my waist, his hand resting on my hip with a smirk. I wrapped my arms around his neck and laced my hands together, beaming back at him.

"Aren't you just the romantic?"

He laughed and shrugged. "Get used to it, you're stuck with me."

I leaned in and pressed a kiss to his lips, letting them linger there for a bit before nodding. "And I'm so lucky that I am."