sneaky || d. garcia (request - @kaykayneedsabae)

thanks for requesting! <3
————————————
"Do we really have to go to the C4 House today? I'm sure they won't really miss us if we don't show up and we could do something fun instead." Danny was laying on my lap with his phone held above his head, playing Among Us which he had been doing for the past hour.

I glanced down to see him frowning in concentration and took it from his hands, making him frown harder. "What, like play this for the rest of the day?" Because I wasn't the best player he was killed in the next minute and I handed it back with a sheepish smile. "Besides, it will be fun!"

"No it won't! I would rather spend time with you just sitting here than at a party where I can't act like I even remotely like you at all." He reached for his phone but I pulled it away from him.

"We could just tell everyone that we're dating but you refuse because 'everyone will make jokes that you're 16 and can't date yet'." I put air quotes around the last part and he propped himself up on his elbow with a pout that made him look considerably younger than 16.

"They will! It happens daily anyway but it'll just multiply if they find out! And I really don't think I can take anymore." I checked the time and started to stand up. In the time it took Danny to complain about leaving, we actually had to leave but he put his head back down and wrapped his arms tightly around my stomach. "Please, let's just skip! We're both sick!"

I somehow pried him off and raised an eyebrow. "We have to help them set up and that won't be suspicious? That we are both sick?"

"No because who would suspect we were together?" He was smiling at me and it did seem tempting, but I shook my head and grabbed the car keys. "You suck," he said, the pout back on his lips.

It continued the whole car ride and only stopped when Brian answered the door. "Hey you're here! Did you ride together?"

"No, I was on the phone in the car and he just got here." Danny made me park my car down the street, just out of view from the house this morning so it wouldn't seem like we came together. He was being a little overdramatic about the whole thing but I just let him go.

We went inside and I immediately went to the kitchen to see if Jc needed any help with the food. And by help I just meant snacking on whatever he was currently making. "Jc I think I gained ten pounds just smelling whatever is in here."

He held something fried out for me to try. "I think I'll take that as a compliment?" I was too busy being in fried food heaven to reassure him that it was and he laughed at my inability to form words.

Danny walked in and I held out the rest of my food to him. "You have to try this, it's the best thing I've ever had." I popped it in his mouth, his reaction was exactly the same as mine, and I tried not to smile too lovingly at him.

"It's really nice that your babysitter brought you along," Jc said, going back to what he was doing with a smirk. Danny rolled his eyes and walked out without replying, making Jc give me an innocent look of confusion. "What did I say?"

I shook my head at him and leaned against the counter beside him. "Why do you pick on him so much? It probably gets on his nerves," I said, fully aware that it completely got on his nerves.

"Nah, he loves it. He'll never admit it but he does." He wiped his hands on a towel and looked over at me. "Why do you care about his feelings?"

"Because I'm a human being and I care about other people?" It was probably just my paranoia, but Jc looked awfully suspicious and I was in big trouble with Danny if he figured anything out.

However he seemed to take my answer as good enough or he didn't actually care. Either way, he turned his full attention back to what he was doing and I decided to make my rounds and say hi to everyone else.

It was only a small party, just to get everyone together since no ones schedule really aligned for us all to hang out at once. It didn't take long to talk to everyone and I tucked myself in a corner with Franny to catch up.

After awhile I realized Danny was nowhere to be found. I nodded distractedly at what she was saying as I scanned the room but I still didn't see him. I excused myself and walked towards the bathroom before a hand reached out from the corner and yanked me around.

Danny caught me before I could fall and I gave him a look of exasperation. "Why are you lurking? What if that wasn't me and you just grabbed some random person?"

He ignored my question and clasped his hands together in front of him. "I am begging you, can we please leave? I am so over socializing and I just want to hang out with you at my house."

"Danny we have only been here for an hour."

"And that has been an hour too long. Please?"

He was giving me the saddest puppy eyes and I finally broke down and grabbed his hand. "Okay fine. You are worse than a child. Let's go."

"We can't both go!" He yanked his hand from my grip and peeked around the corner. "I'll go first and then you leave in twenty minutes. It'll be less suspicious."

I knew better than to argue, even though he sounded ridiculous. "Whatever you say," I said, and he kissed my forehead with a smile.

That smile was gone when he turned to see Will standing behind us with his mouth open in surprise, a smile tugging the corners of his mouth upward. "Well well, what have I walked into? Is Danny dating (Y/N)?"

Danny looked mortified and I patted his arm with a smile. "Yes he is and he doesn't care if people know, right Danny?"

Will immediately announced it to everyone, and while there were a few jokes, it was a lot tamer than Danny or I would have thought. When we left he looked a lot more relaxed, probably because we were leaving, but he smiled over at me and I knew the real reason.

"You know what, that really wasn't that bad."

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help smiling at him. "What did I tell you? You were worried for nothing. And it looks like it was a literal weight off your shoulders."

"Oh it is. Now I can kiss you in front of people!"

I laughed and squeezed his hand. "I am so glad that is what is bringing you excitement."