let's roll || c. collins (request - @cloudycrawf )

thanks so much for requesting!! <33
————————
"I can't believe you agreed to come on a boys ski trip," Kian chuckled as he pulled Crawford's snowboard from the top of the rental car and handed it to him. Crawford smiled at the both of us, bumping my calves with his board playfully as he followed Jc and Oscar towards the entrance to the slopes. "Although I can probably assume why."

"And why is that?" He just rolled his eyes and pushed a snowboard into my hands. "If Franny didn't offer to give me her stuff I probably wouldn't have," I said, but even I knew I would've given in to Crawford's pleas no matter what.

"I completely believe you," he said in a sarcastic tone and I chose to ignore him, turning and jogging as best I could with a snowboard to catch up to the other guys.

I pushed my way between Crawford and Oscar as I struggled to carry the board, and Oscar laughed at my stumbling. "Shut up Oscar. Not all of us can be tall and sporty like you," I pouted and instead of offering to carry the board for me like a gentleman, he continued to laugh.

"Well after today you are going to be the sportiest girl on the slopes," Crawford said with a smile, his adorable dimples on display, and I looked down to avoid the blush. "And not to brag or anything, but I am probably the best teacher ever and you will be a professional by the end of the day."

We parted ways, Oscar, Jc, and Kian heading to one of the steeper, more difficult hills while Crawford and I made our way to one of the beginner hills that wasn't even big enough to have a ski lift. He knelt down and began fiddling with my boots, causing me to frown. "Do you not trust me to handle my own boots? I know we are on one of the kiddie hills but I am an adult," I said.

He shrugged and continued to focus on my shoes. "I just want to make sure they're done right so that you will be super safe," he mumbled and I couldn't keep the big smile from spreading across my face. Obviously he wouldn't want me to get hurt, but hearing him say that made my stomach do flips. He straightened and brushed the snow from his knees, smiling. "Ready?"

I nodded and put the board on the ground, looking back to him for direction. He grabbed my hand for balance as I stepped in to one of the foot holes and and he made sure it was locked in before I did the other. Now that I was about to actually snowboard I was nervous, and my face must have given it away because he patted my shoulder.

"Hey, don't give me that look. You're going to be fine! All you have to do is move back and forth to turn, and you swing the board in front of you to stop. Make sure to lean back on your heels when you do or you'll fall," he said as he began to get on his own board. "And just kind of hop until you start to move." I watched him as he began to go down the small hill which lasted all of five seconds before he turned and smiled. "Just go for it!"

I took a deep breath and hopped to the edge of the hill, wobbling the whole way down and trying to stop but falling on my butt instead. Crawford still cheered for me and we continued to do all of the beginner hills until I was more comfortable and basically a pro. I wanted to show off my new skills and glanced at the taller hill beside us.

"Let's go to that one," I said, pointing to the hill the other boys were on and Crawford beamed at me.

"They grow up so fast," he said, slinging his arm around my shoulder as we walked to the ski lift. We met up with Oscar at the top and he looked shocked to see us. "She's a master already! I told you guys she would be good at this," Crawford said, pride in his eyes and I smiled at him.

"Awesome! I'm just waiting for Kian and Jc to get here but then we can all go down together," Oscar explained and I let him and Crawford talk as I took a good look at the steep drop in front of me. The little hills were nothing compared to this monstrosity and my stomach dropped.

"You got this," Crawford whispered and I jumped a bit at his voice. I hadn't realized he was that close but I smiled at his encouraging words. Kian and Jc were back at the top of the hill entirely too soon and I took a deep breath as I watched them both go down, followed by Oscar.

"They're going really fast," I mumbled and Crawford squeezed my hand.

"You know how to slow down though. And you know how to turn and stop and everything, okay? Don't doubt yourself," he said and I nodded with a weak smile.

Crawford gave me a thumbs up before hopping to the edge and disappearing among the many other people on the hill. I crossed my fingers, hopping to the edge and leaning forward before I could change my mind.

Everything was great at first. I was weaving my way down the hill and keeping my balance fairly well. I was approaching the bottom quickly so I swung the board in front of me and leaned back on my heels so I would start to slow down. However, there must have been more pressure on my toes than my heels because the next thing I knew I was rolling the rest of the way down.

"(Y/N)!" Oscar was the first to reach me and he pulled my helmet and goggles off, inspecting my face for signs of injury. "Are you okay? Does anything hurt?"

"Is she okay?" I could hear Crawford's hysterical voice behind him and I sat up, shaking my arms out and nodding.

"Yeah I'm fine! I'm alright," I said as Crawford knelt beside me.

"Are you sure? Because the adrenaline might be masking pain and you could have broken something," he said, grabbing my hands and moving my wrists back and forth. "Did you land on your arm? Or your hand?" I pulled out of his grip, rubbing my hand over his cheek in an attempt to calm him down a little.

"Hey, I'm fine, I promise," I said with a smile. "I see now why you keep weight on your heels and not your toes," I added and the boys laughed.

When we were back at the house and I had time to recover a bit, I could tell that I would be sore for a couple of days but it could've been a lot worse. I sighed as I flopped down on the couch and Crawford looked concerned. I gave him a tired smile to hopefully make him feel better and he threw a blanket over me. "Thanks, Crawf."

"No problem," he said, turning his attention back to his phone.

"No, I mean thanks for everything. For today."

He frowned and looked at me. "You literally rolled down a hill and you are thanking me for it?"

I laughed and nodded, deciding to be bold and lay my head on his lap. "Today's been the best day ever," I whispered and I felt his hand slowly running through my hair.

"You are welcome beautiful girl," he whispered back.