jealousy || c. collins (request - @Midnight_Moments)

thanks for requesting!! <33
————————
"Are either of you going to help me?" I glanced over my shoulder as I struggled to drag the ring light and camera to where Crawford and David were sitting on the couch, their eyes glued to their phones.

I rolled my eyes at the lack of response and made sure to bump Crawford's shin with the tripod on my way past, earning a groan from him. "Hey, that hurt!"

"Sucks to suck," I mumbled loud enough for him to hear and I saw a smirk tug at the corner of his lips as he reached to grab my waist. No amount of twisting and turning could make him release his grip as he pinned me down on the couch and I struggled to get up.

"Say you're sorry!" He was laughing just as hard as I was and finally stopped wrestling me as I gasped out an apology. "I mean, sorry isn't really going to fix my bruised shin," he said, still hovering above me with the same smirk.

David cleared his throat from the other side of the couch and Crawford stood up quickly with crimson cheeks and laughed nervously, turning his full attention on David. "Corey texted and said that him, Oscar, and Franny would be here soon."

"Oscar is coming too?" Crawford narrowed his eyes at me and I sat up, confused. "What's that look for? I just didn't know he was coming."

"Why would you be so excited about that? You guys barely know each other," Crawford scoffed, busying himself with setting up the forgotten camera and ring light and I frowned at the tone he had taken.

"Does (Y/N) have a little crush?" David was poking me and I smacked his hands away with a giggle. "I don't know Crawf, if I didn't know any better I'd say that our best friend here likes him!"

"Do not! Like Crawford said, I barely know him! I've only heard stories about him," I said with a shrug, crossing the room to help Crawford set up. He was still scowling and I decided to sweep the topic under the rug. "Anyway, what are we filming?"

"I think we should print out maps and try to name all the states. I've seen a couple people do it and it'd be hilarious," David suggested and I nodded excitedly but Crawford was not a fan.

"No way! I'm not even from this country!"

"Neither is Corey, that's why it'll be funny! It'll be fun to watch you both struggle," I pointed out but Crawford only glared at me and ignored me, directing his comments towards David.

I frowned at his sudden coldness towards me and thought back on the past fifteen minutes, trying to figure out what I had done to make him mad. My thought process was interrupted by Corey and Franny coming in the door arguing and Oscar hanging back from them.

I locked eyes with him and smiled lightly which he returned, immediately coming over to me. "I don't believe we've ever met before. I'm Oscar," he said, leaning forward and, to my surprise, kissed both my cheeks.

Crawford scoffed again and I glared at him, turning back to Oscar and smiling. "I'm (Y/N), I've heard lots about you!"

He winced and let out a laugh. "Probably nothing good, knowing our friends. They like to exaggerate sometimes," he said and I shook my head.

"Some good, some bad but I suppose I'll be the judge of you for myself."

"Well then I'll be sure to be on my best behavior," he said with a wink and walked to where Franny, Corey, and David were sitting on the couch. Crawford was still messing with the camera settings when I walked past, mumbling something under his breath.

"What is up with you?" He ignored my question and I rolled my eyes, taking a seat beside Corey who was currently complaining about the video idea.

"How should I know any of the states?" He was pouting and Franny and Oscar were laughing at his childish posture, his arms crossed and bottom lip stuck out as far as possible.

"Chill Corey, I've literally lived in this country all my life and barely know any of them," I said, patting his shoulder.

"Nah, I bet that's not true. You're probably really smart. I mean, if you're as smart as you are beautiful than I bet you'll do the best out of all of us," Oscar commented and I felt myself blush, mumbling a thank you and keeping my gaze on the ground.

"It's all set," Crawford said and I glanced up to see him standing beside me. "Can we just get this done please?"

"Oh I'm sorry Mr. Collins, I didn't realize you were so busy. I'm sorry we're wasting your time," David joked but Crawford's usual easy smile was gone and he didn't try to hide that he was mad.

David gathered whatever paper and pens he could find throughout the house and we all piled onto the couch, squeezing close together to fit everyone in frame.

Crawford and Oscar both headed towards me and they stopped once they reached the empty spot, glancing at each other before Oscar plopped down extremely close to me. "I think there's a seat over there," he said, pointing to the other end of the couch and I could practically see the smoke coming out of Crawford's ears.

Throughout the video Oscar would attempt to cheat off me and I would laugh and pull my paper away, forcing him to lean closer to get a good look. Every time, Crawford would look over and after the third time he blew up.

"This idea is stupid! I'm not filming this anymore! I have more important things I could be doing than this!" He ripped up his map and grabbed his keys, storming out the door. I immediately followed him, not bothering to grab my shoes or coat.

It had gotten a lot colder outside so I hugged myself tightly, as I ran down the driveway, finally catching him halfway down and reaching out to grab his arm. He whirled around, angry tears streaming down his face. "Why are you doing this?"

I was shocked and let go of my loose grip on him. "Doing what? Crawford, what happened today? It was like one minute you were fine and then someone flipped a switch."

"You flipped the switch," he mumbled, his eyes on the ground and I frowned in confusion. He took a few deep breaths and I waited patiently for him to continue. "Do you like Oscar?"

I let out a small laugh and shook my head. "I just met him! He seems nice and all but I feel like he is definitely not my type. Why are you so concerned if I like him or not?"

Crawford threw his hands up and a fresh tear escaped. "Because he's better than me! I've always been the one to be there for you and I thought maybe it would be like in the movies where the girl finally realizes she's in love with the guy that was always there! But I guess that's why they're just movies," he trailed off.

"Crawf, he is not better than you." I wrapped my arms around him tightly and he hesitated before hugging me back. I pulled away and swiped his tears away with a smile, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Sometimes, movies are kind of like real life. And I have a feeling this will be one of those times."

He smiled and wiped his eyes on his shirt sleeve. "Sorry for the way I acted today. I can't control my jealousy sometimes I guess. I was just worried you would see him and how confident and flirty he was and forget all about me."

"Pretty impossible," I replied and we went back into the house. David seemed to have caught onto what was happening and let Oscar in on it because he was now sitting in Crawford's spot and nodded at us on our way past him with an understanding smile.

"Sorry about that guys. This is actually a really funny idea. Are we ready to keep going?" Crawford smiled sheepishly and everyone laughed before we continued filming.

And surprisingly, out of everyone, Corey named the most states correctly.