barry || jc caylen

"Hey princess, wake up," Jc whispered in my ear. I whined and attempted to turn away from him, but his arms were firmly wrapped around my waist and he was not about to let me go. I decided it would be easier to give in to him than resist, so I blinked my eyes open.

Jc was already dressed and the blinds to the window were open, allowing me to see the snow outside. This sight made me feel more awake and I smiled. "It snowed," I said and he laughed.

"Yeah, I know! I wanted to wake you up a while ago but I thought I'd let you sleep a little longer. I couldn't wait anymore though," he said.

We had been waiting for snow all week. The forecast kept pushing it back and we were beginning to give up hope but here it was. I sat up and stretched, slipping on a pair of socks and padding into the kitchen with Jc on my tail. He had a pot of coffee waiting and he handed me a cup which I graciously accepted.

"You know what snow means, right?" Jc wiggled his eyebrows and I smiled, knowing what he wanted me to say. All he has talked about since we heard about the snow has been making a snowman. Today would finally be the day he could show off his snowman-making skills.

"Hmm, staying inside and watching movies?" Jc grabbed my sides and tickled me as I pleaded between my giggles for him to stop. "I'm kidding, I'm kidding," I said, trying to catch my breath.

He smiled and sipped his coffee as he looked out the window. "I'm so excited," he said. I couldn't help but smile at his childish glee. I had never seen a grown man so excited about the snow before.

I finished my coffee and got dressed, walking out of the bedroom to see scarves lining our kitchen counter.

"Hey love, what are you up to? You really only need to wear one," I said. Jc continued to look at the scarves and responded to me without looking up.

"I know, but Barry will need one too," he said. The sentence was so casual to him and I glanced around the room, making sure he didn't invite a new friend into our home in the ten minutes I was gone.

"Barry?" I leaned against the counter opposite him and he merely nodded. "Who is Barry?"

"Well the snowman, of course," Jc said, matter of factly.

"Of course, how could I be so stupid?" I smiled and he frowned at my sarcasm. "Why are we naming him when he doesn't exist yet?"

"Because. Now let's go!" Jc grabbed a scarf and hat for his new friend and ran out the door, me following behind.

Luckily, the snow was good packing snow and we had our snowman base established in no time. We got the torso of the snowman next but ran into a slight problem after this step: neither one of us was tall enough to reach the top of the pile to put the head on.

"I think we messed up," I said. Jc shook his head and picked up the ball he had just rolled for the head, handing it to me. I took it and gave him a quizzical expression.

"Jump up on my shoulders," he said, bending down.

"I can't do that holding this," I said, frowning. He took the ball from me, then motioned for me to jump again. "How are you going to keep me from falling?"

"Just trust me," he said. I sighed and we attached the head without an injury at all. I stayed up on Jc's shoulders to put on Barry's scarf and hat and add his eyes with some rocks from the driveway.

We found some sticks that were perfect for his arms and added the rest of the buttons going down his torso.

"We forgot a nose!" Jc took off into the house and I giggled at his urgent tone. He ran back out, holding a carrot and getting up on his tip-toes to put it into the middle of Barry's face. "There ya go Barry, now you're done," he said.

We stood back and admired our work, shivering as the cold air whipped across our faces. We took some quick Instagram pictures, then ran inside to defrost.

"That was fun," I said. Jc nodded and wrapped a blanket around his body, plopping down on the couch.

"Wanna do it again tomorrow? I think Barry needs a girlfriend," he said, wiggling his eyebrows. We both laughed and watched a new batch of snow flutter outside, dusting Barry's hat.