Chapter 71: A Day To Remember

Three days before the wedding:

"Hi, mom," Maisey sighed as she sat down by her grave. She kept rereading her mother's name 'Cassiopeia Molly Egan' and she layed down a bush of red roses.
"I'm sorry I haven't been here in ages... it's not that I don't care, you know how much I care," she said as tears started to roll down her cheeks, "it's just hard... Knowing that I will really never talk to you again just kills me inside.. I know that you're gone and you have been for years but I.. Well as silly as it sounds, I still hope you'd come out of nowhere to tell me this was all just a sick joke."
Maisey squeezed her eyes closed as she started to sob loudly, letting all of her bad emotions out.
"You wouldn't want to see me like this... You've always wanted me to do what I desired, and I will.. I'm getting married in three days," she cried, "to my epic love.. you would've loved him, you two really would've gotten along with each other.. maybe some day after many years you'll get to meet him in the afterlife... if that even exists, I just keep telling myself that it does otherwise losing you would be even harder for me."
She scooched a little closer to the grave as she touched the cold stone, the midday sun slightly blinding her. Maisey tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and her eyes were burning with tears.
"So.. I hope I'll make you proud," Maisey laughed slightly, "I'm getting married and my name will officialy be Kogane instead of Egan.. seems so strange in a certain way.. I have been an Egan for all of my life, but it will be fine... I love him so much and I can't wait to be a Kogane.. and there is something else that is rather important... I talked about it with Avrigg and she agreed, we will give your house to Lance, I know you would be okay with that after all he was like a son to you. And Keith and I have just bought a house an hour away from your house, it's huge and it's isolated in the forest, I love it. I have to say that I still had a struggle with making the decision since it was your house, but Avrigg and Keith told me that I shouldn't cling onto it and start my own family in my own house, like you always wanted... So that's what I'll do mom, I'll live my life to the fullest.. in my dream house, with my dream husband and some day, my dream kids and a loving family. I just wished you could've been here mom, I love you... until we meet again."
"That was beautiful," a cracky voice called from behind. The hairs in her neck stood straight as her blood began to boil, she recognized that dreadfull voice.
She stood straight, wiped her tears away and turned around to meet the man that was the disaster of a father.
"Thanks," she said, "it was kind of private but what do you know about respect?"
"I deserve that," Lenn said as he walked over to her, "you're getting married?"
"Yes," she said as she gritted her teeth, "what do you want? After like, how long ago was it when I visited you? Almost two years?"
"Something like that..." he said, "but you helped me.. I managed to come here, because of you."
"Why are you here?"
"I came to see if it was true.. about your mother.." Lenn said as he pointed his shaking finger at her grave.
"Because you thought that I was lying?" Maisey asked offended, "you shouldn't even be here.. you left her when she was pregnant to save your own skin because you were afraid Lotor would find you."
"He could've," Lenn screeched. She knew his actual name was Ceyron but she just kept it with Lenn.
"If Lotor wanted to find you he would've found you," Maisey rolled her eyes, "I think since the Alteans in the Colony didn't find out about his plan you were suddenly not all that important to find anymore, because well... you wouldn't rat him out like any noble person would. No, you ran with your tail between your legs and left your people to be harvested for many more years, including the little brother of my sister in law.. you are a coward."
"Oh and what about Avrigg's father? He left too," Lenn said. Maisey frowned in disbelief, he didn't even know who Avrigg's father was he just knew that he left.
"He left to join the Blades of Marmora and stop the war before it could reach Earth so that his daughter could grow up without knowing the ten thousand year war," Maisey said as she pointed a very judgemental finger in his face, "Vryss is a noble man who left to protect others, to save the entire universe because his little girl lived in there, because the love of his life lived in there and because he believed in something bigger than himself.. don't ever compare yourself to him again."
"I loved her too.."
"I don't believe you," Maisey said, "if you really loved her you would've stayed.. if you really loved me, you would've stayed.. did you know that on 'bring your father to school' days I would bring my mother.. she would take days off, move heaven and earth to always be there for me.. she would sometimes work extra hours until two in the morning so that Avrigg and I could have everything we wanted, and where were you? Cowering in the middle of nowhere.. so I'll ask you again, what do you want?"
"I'm sorry... Maisey," he said cold, "Uhm.. is someone walking you down the isle?"
Her eyes widened.
"Why?" She asked.
"I mean... I.. I could walk you down the isle," he said as he shrugged. But she didn't want him to.. he was never a father figure to her and as much as it hurted her she didn't want him in her life, not now and not ever.
"No, thank you," she said, "I'm sorry."
"I... understand," he said. Her eyes shot away from the skinny, Altean man to see her fiance.
"Is everything allright?" He asked as he walked over with a frown upon his face.
"Are you the fiance?" Lenn asked as his eyes widened. Keith was much taller and buffer than Lenn, so Lenn was quickly scared by his demeanor.
"Yes, Keith Kogane," he said as he politely held out his hand, "and you are?"
"Lenn Yorkwill," he said, "my real name is Ceyron, I am Maisey's biological father."
"Ah," Keith said, but he clearly didn't know what else to say.
"I thought you were busy with calling the movers," Maisey said as she looked up to him.
"I was, they wanted to come tomorrow but I told them that they had to wait three weeks since we're all going to Altea for the wedding tomorrow, they were a little annoyed but I managed to convince them," Keith said proudly.
"Good job, my love," Maisey said as she kissed him on his cheek.
"You two are moving?" Lenn asked shocked.
"Yeah, we bought our own house," Keith said, "just a day ago."
"What's gonna happen to Cassiopeia's house?" Lenn asked curious.
"Lance is moving into it," Maisey said quickly.
"Who is Lance?" He asked.
"Our best friend and wedding planner," Maisey and Keith said in unison. Lenn nodded.
"I'm sorry Maisey, for everything, I just wanted you to know that," he said, "I won't bother you again."