Chapter 37: A Battle Of Life Or Death

She opened her eyes, she was in a meadow, the tall grass towering over her and the sky was clear blue. Besides the soft wind and the chirps of birds it was completely silent. The sun was hot and it tingled on her skin. Maisey sat upright, she was almost alone. Infront of her was a girl. With brown hair, green eyes and a tanned skin. It was Maisey, but younger, she appeard to be around nine. When Maisey held her hand up the young Maisey copied. She mirrored everything she did.
"What is this?" Maisey asked and younger Maisey mouthed the same. Was this the afterlife? Being mimicked by a younger version of yourself?
She stared at the younger version of herself, after a minute young Maisey stood up, despite the fact that she didn't.
"Stand up," young Maisey said coldly. Maisey did as she was told, not understanding why. She just listened to the girl she once was.
"What is this? Why are you here?" She asked, but young Maisey just stared ahead. Not giving much attention to the shocked and confused look on Maisey's face.
"Look around."
Maisey furrowed her brows together but did it anyway. There was a fire, slowly burning its way towards them. Closing them in.
Maisey's eyes widened in shock as she looked back at young Maisey, who didn't seem to care that much about the fire.
"Do you want it to stop?" Young Maisey asked. Her voice sounded faint and Maisey didn't understand what this place was. She didn't understand it's purpose or how she even got here. She didn't understand why she was talking to a little Maisey with a cold and hard look on her face. She didn't understand why the fire was closing in on them in a circulair way around them.
"Yes. Everything is dying," Maisey said as she looked at the fire. The black smoke starting to cloud the sky, their oxygen would be cut off soon.. Nature would cripple around them.
"No," young Maisey said softly, "you are dying."
"W-what?"
"Do you want to die?" She asked her, her voice was cold and far away yet she never heard a voice sound so clearly before.
"No, I don't," Maisey stammered in shock. What the hell was this?
"Then all you have to do is wake up," young Maisey said, "WAKE UP!"

"Keith," a voice echoed, "Keith."
He opened his eyes and was shocked to see he was in space. There wasn't a ground to stand on, yet he stood still. He could hear Shiro calling to him, but he was so distorted by this he was turning around trying to find its source.
"Shiro," Keith called, "what is this?"
"I know this must be confusing for you," Shiro said.
"You.. you were trying to kill me," he murmered, "you said.. the others.. the others are they..?"
Shiro appeard infront of him but Keiths memory was still strong, he saw her fall.. she was unconscious and.. she told him she loved him. His eyes were filled with tears, what if he would never have the change to tell her he loved her too?
"Maisey.. is she?" He fell to his knees as he watched his tears fall into nothingness, "how could you do that?"
"Keith, the others are okay," Shiro said, "Maisey was saved by the white lion."
"Is she alive?" He cried out, "please tell me that she's alive.. I can't live without her."
"Keith.."
"No," Keith sobbed, "I need her. I really need her. IS SHE ALIVE?!"
"She's alive," Shiro said, rather shocked by his outburst. Keith laughed throughout his crying. She was alive.
"I am not here to harm you," Shiro said, "everyone is fine. Just let me explain. That thing that attacked you wasn't me. Since the fight with Zarkon, I've been here."
"When you dissappeard?" He asked.
"Yes. I didn't know where I was, or how much time had passed," Shiro said, "my physical form was gone, I existed on another realm. I died, Keith."
Keith's eyes widened in utter shock as Shiro explained himself.
"But the black lion somehow maintained my essence," Shiro said.
"Is.. is that where we are? In the black lion's conciousness?" Keith asked.
"Yes, I tried to warn the others about the imposter, but our connection wasn't strong enough," Shiro explained whilst he faded away.
"Shiro?" Keith asked, "Shiro!"

His eyes felt heavy, but he opened them anyway. He saw Shiro, and he saw they were in the black lion.
"You saved us," Keith said. He heard a connection coming through and ran to his seat, as fast as he could.

Panting heavily she was back to the land of the living. She looked around, she was in the white lion. Maisey remembered what had happened. Everything fell... Keith..
"Keith!" She shouted, she saw her helmet a mere inch away from herself. She didn't wear it when she fell, but she must have taken it with her. Her entire body felt heavy, she tried to stand up, but fell several times. Her leg wasn't okay, and she felt an aching pain on the back of her head, the spot were she hit it. She touched it and soon realized that she was bleeding a little.
She crawled to her seat, she had to see if Keith was okay.
Once she finally reached it she opened up the communication line.
"Keith? Are you there? Are you okay?" She asked, "Keith answer me!"
"I'm here," he grunted, "are you okay?"
"Now I am," she sighed relieved.
"I was so scared I'd lost you," Keith said, "I saw you fall.. you were unconscious and I thought.. it was too late."
"You could never lose me," Maisey smiled, "suck it up because you're stuck with me."
"I wouldn't want it any other way," he said softly and she smiled.
"So what now?"
"I will contact the Castle of lions," Keith said, "I'll explain everything to them and we must prepare for a battle with Lotor I expect."
So Keith contacted the Castle of lions while they flew back to the Castle as fast as they could. Maisey already had more speed than Keith due to the wings.
They flew as fast as they could while they heard the other throughout the communication line they were all in pain and Lotor was winning. She heard Keith cry out to Shiro, as she cried out to her lion.
"No! I refuse to lose anyone! Come on, girl! I know you can do it!" She grunted, she was in pain, but it didn't matter, "WE. WILL. SAVE. THEM!"
Both Keith and Maisey became one with their lion, they saw their friends throughout the eyes of their lions. No, they saw their family and they needed them. The lions roared and gave them a boost throughout the universe to get to them.

The lions were paralyzed.
"It didn't have to end like this," Lotor said as he was charging up his canon.
But the evil smirk on Lotor's face dissappeard however when Maisey and Keith attacked on the same time, leaving Lotor paralyzed for just enough time.
"Maisey! Keith! How did you get here so fast?" Lance asked.
"Had some help," Keith shrugged, "now hurry up, we don't have much time. Form voltron!"
This was going to be a battle of life or death.

Hey guys! This chapter isn't so big, I'm sorry. But I do want to thank everyone for their lovely comments on this book! It means a lot to me guys and I really appreciate it! Let me know your thoughts on this chapter and let me know what you think will happen next, I'm curious!
Xx