Chapter 62: The Day She Met Her Father

"It's time," she said, "I am ready."
"For what?" Lance asked confused from his regular place infront of the telivision.
"I am going to track my father down," Maisey said as she stood straight, "I am going to meet him."
"Alright," Lance said as he stood up, "let's go."
"What do you mean 'let's go'?" She asked him confused.
"I am going to help you look for your father," he said like it was obvious.
"No, you are staying here and sleep alone, you haven't had night terrors in a month and so you will be alone in the house for a few days," she explained.
"Why?"
"Because, Lance, it's important that you'll learn to regain regular sleep, by being alone," she said, "it sounds silly, I know, but now you go to sleep knowing I am on the other side of the wall. You need to learn to be by yourself again. Going to sleep knowing you are entirely alone could trigger your night terrors again."
"But I want to help you," he said, "you've been helping me for nearly seven months now."
"It'll be fine, help yourself first," she said as she picked up her bag, "I will see you soon."
Lance wanted to protest, but she closed the door behind her.

"I need your help," she said. The only person smaller then herself turned around with a mischievious smirk upon her face.
"Of course you do," Pidge said, "what can I help you with Maisey?"
"I need you to track someone down," she said, "someone called Lenn Yorkwill."
"Okay," Pidge said confused as she started doing her thing that Maisey would always be too stupid for, "Lenn Yorkwill died about thirty years ago."
"What? Impossible, Avrigg told me that his name was Lenn Yorkwill," Maisey said, "he was a blonde man with green eyes like mine and they called him Lenn Yorkwill."
"Look for yourself," Pidge said, "Lenn Yorkwill was a seventy five year old man that was killed in his own house, they never caught the killer."
"What's the adres?" She asked.
"It's in Monowi," Pidge said, "the.."
"Smallest town in the country," Maisey finished her sentance, "like the fortune teller told me."
"You are not actually believing that crap, are you?" Pidge asked her.
"I don't know," she said, "but thank you Pidge."
"Sure, any time," Pidge shrugged and so Maisey left for Monowi.

She took a deep breath before she knocked on the door. She could hear footsteps slowly move towards the door and she saw a green eyes look trough the peek hole.
"Hello?" She asked with a shaky voice, she was trying to be casual but in fact she was extremely nervous.
"Who are you? And what do you want?" The man on the other side of the door asked.
"I am Maisey Egan and I am looking for Lenn Yorkwill," she said trying to avoid the fact that this person was not Lenn Yorkwill.
"Egan?" He repeated, "like Cassiopeia?"
"My mother, yes," she said.
"How do I know you are not someone else?"
"I could ask you the same question, since Lenn Yorkwill died thirty years ago in this house," Maisey said sassy, "but if you must know, my sister Avrigg told me about you."
"Avrigg," he repeated with hatred in his voice.
"Are you going to open this door or are you just going to keep wasting my time from this side of the door?" She asked him as she quirked a brow.
He scoffed and opened the door, now she could see the skinny man who did not appear Altean, altough he had slight pink marks under his eyes they looked more like scars than Altean marks and his ears weren't pointy. His blonde hair was dirty and sticked on his head, the bags under his eyes were so big she could use them to go shopping. It looked like he hadn't had a good meal in months.
"You have your mothers wit," he said, "come in."
She looked him up and down before walking inside the tiny, disgusting house.
"Why are you here?" He asked here ince he closed the door.
"Answers," she said.
"Answers," he repeated, that was about the third time he repeated something she said. It was getting on her nerves.
"What is your real name?" She asked him. He stared at her, his eyes filled with tears,
"You grew up to be so beautiful," he said proud, "Cassie has done a great job."
"A job she did by herself," she said, "and you are going to explain everything to me. So have a seat and tell me the truth."
"What do you think the truth is?"
"Well, according to Aresa I have Altean blood in my veins, you do not look Altean, yet you seem different, you took the name of a dead man. And so you are going to explain everything."
He hesitated for a moment.
"I can't, what if Lotor will find out?" He asked, "if he finds me he'll harvest my quintessence."
"How long has it been since you've been outside?" She asked, "Lotor is dead, Zarkon is dead and now Honerva who was formerly Haggar is also dead."
"How? What?" He stammered.
"I am a paladin of voltron and along with my friends and the voltron coalition we managed to stop them all," she said, "my boyfriend is quite literally in space fixing the Galra empire and bringing them to peace. One of my best friends sacrificed herself to save every reality in existance and I killed Sendak who was keeping earth hostile for three years."
He stared at her blankly. How did he not know any of that? It was so obvious.
"You don't know voltron's back?" She asked, "when is the last time you have watched the news?"
"Thirteen years ago to be exact," he said, "you see, I got rid of all the devices since he could track me down, you know. I got surgery, from the moment I got here, I could not get rid of my ears and marks on my own, so I removed them, well a doctor did."
"You were a part of the colony?" She asked curiously.
"Yes!" He said, "I was a part of the colony and I was chosen to go to the second colony, but that turned out to be a lie, I figured that out just in time and I managed to escape, the last thing I heard was Lotor screaming for someone to find me, because I could ruin his plans."
"But you didn't because it continued," she said, "why didn't you help the Alteans?"
"What was I supposed to do? Form a one man army?" He laughed, "no, I found a planet, which was pretty young and the Galra had not been there and I landed, right next to this house that had been empty for several years. There was one letter with the name Lenn Yorkwill on it and so I took it. You see my actual name is Ceyron, an Altean name. I left this house and I moved around for a while, until I met your mother. A fierce and loving woman, who had one weird looking daughter, I met her after I had my ear surgery, I still hate that humans have round ears, they're hideous. But I ended up liking her a lot and then she got pregnant with you and so I lived with your mother and sister."
"But why did you leave?"
"On the day I left, I realized something, your sister got so angry that her face.. changed. She looked Galra, and I knew that even there I wasn't safe, so I ran away and I found my way back here."
"So you left like a coward?" She asked, "if the Galra were to track us down for information about you they could've killed us. You really left us to save yourself?"
He just stared into her eyes, he was an even more dissappointment than she'd expected.
"My sister is half Galra, Avrigg and her father fought in the battle against the empire," she said, "her dad is amazing and he left to protect them, to stop the war before it could ever reach earth and you.. you left to save your own neck from Lotor."
"Galrans are not good company keepers," he said as he looked around the room.
"Let me tell you something about me," she said stern, "my sister is half galra, my boyfriend is half Galra and the first alien guy I ever kissed was not only half galra, he was Lotor. And yes, Lotor was bad company but that does not mean that all Galra are evil or bad company."
"What?!" He shouted enraged.
"Yes, my boyfriend, Keith Kogane is half Galra and he is the leader of voltron, not only that, he is currently leading the entire Galra empire into an era of peace," Maisey explained, "my sister is so in love with this sweet Altean girl and she is planning on marrying her right now as she is helping Altea to be rebuild and helping the Galra. And Lotor, is dead because we kicked his butt."
Ceyron was flabbergasted but Maisey knew everything she needed to know.
"It's good to know the truth," she said, "but Ceyron, I am going home now."
"I... am sorry, for not being involved," he said sheepishly.
"It's fine," she said as she walked away.
"Tell your mother hello for me," he said as she opened the door.
"She died several years ago," she said, "cancer."
She closed the door behind her, expecting him to follow after her, to apologize, to ask about what happened to her mother but he never came. She could hear him lock the door behind her and she instantly decided that she did not need him in her life. If he would've came outside she might have considered it, but all he did was lock the door, so she could not get back inside.

"So?" Lance asked as soon as she got back, "what happened?"
"I am half Altean," she said, "but the man that is my father is a coward who loves nothing but himself."
"Are you okay?" Lance asked her, she nodded but started to cry. She wasn't okay, because when she was little she had imagined her father to be more like Vryss or Coran, a hero, someone who would rescue others but he was nothing like those two... he wasn't a hero. Lance hugged her tightly. Her father was a dissappointment.
"There is some good news," Lance said, "I did not have night terrors."
"That is good news indeed," she said, "I am so glad I have you."

So it is August seventeenth now.. that means that it is Maisey's birthday, technically speaking.
Anyway... what did you think of this chapter? Did you like it? And what do you think of Maisey's father?
Stay safe and healthy and I will update as soon as I can!