Chapter 54: Genesis

"We have confirmation that Honerva's beasts have touched down on planets Sanook, VeXilum, Siiz and we continue to get more transmissions," Coran said during the briefing.
"This is consistent with the reports I'm receiving as well," Veronica told Shiro.
"The wormhole signatures we discovered on Olkarion they were a map to where the robeasts were heading," Pidge said, "they must have been waiting this entire time."
"They're targeting multiple fronts simultaneously," Keith said stern.
"What do we do?" Hunk asked.
"We keep our calm," Shiro said, "Coran, continue to mark the planets the robeasts have landed on. Veronica, give us any real-time updates as they come in."
"Copy that," Veronica said, "I got a report from Sanook. The robeasts are covered in some sort of partical barrier."
Veronica showed it on the screen, they seemed to be covered in a pink, glinstering barrier. But they stood still. They did absolutely nothing.
"They're not attacking the planet?" Allura asked.
"Not yet," Veronica said stern.

"The planets are reporting activity, the robeasts siphoning the planets," Veronica said.
"We need to engage them all, save as many people as we can," Iverson said, "we're talking about triage here!"
"We can split up the lions," Keith said, to only get a glare from Hunk.
"One lion can't handle a robeast," Hunk said his eyes almost bawling out of his head.
"No, but it can slow them down, buy us some time," Keith explained.
"I say we attack them with the totality of our forces and wormhole from target to target," Shiro said.
"No. We must attack Oriande directly," Allura said, "I think I know what Honerva's doing. We know Honerva's got the ability to create wormholes and that these wormholes are emanating from Oriande. She used a robeast to steal the cubes from Olkarion, which can mimic and intensify energy at a distance. And those robeasts are essentialy armed with komars, able to drain and transmit massive amounts of quintessence. Honerva is going to concentrate energy from across the universe to Oriande. She is making a komar magnitudes larger than anything we've ever seen, something that could drain the quintessence from an entire galaxy."
"No," Sam gasped. Everybody was shocked once Allura explained what she thought was Honerva's plan. Maisey couldn't believe that the woman was so cold hearted to destroy an entire galaxy for her own gain, but then again she had a big role in the ten thousand year war already and that was just as Haggar.. Who knows what Honerva is willing to do..
"That monster," Coran grunted angry.
"What could she possibly need that much energy for?" Pidge asked.
"I don't know, but we need to act immidiatly," Allura said, "the only way for us to stop them is by going directly to Oriande."
"Then that's what voltron is gonna do," Keith said as he stood up from his seat.
"The atlas will acompany you," Shiro said, "we don't have time to wait for the rest of the coalition."
"Contact Matt, let him know the rebels are going go be in charge of the evacuation efforts for the occupied planets," Keith said, "they shouldn't expect assistence."
"Then we are in an agreement," Allura said, "it is time to begin our assault on Oriande."

"The universe is facing the biggest threat they have ever seen," Allura said, "Honerva has exploited a group of vulnerable people, my people, and bend them to her will. She convinced them to pilot her abominations and commit heinous acts. And now she has built a weapon that can destroy an entire galaxy. Today, we risk our lives for the greater good. We are the only thing that can stop her and defend the universe. It is time to end this war."

Once they reached Oriande she could finally hear her heart pump with adrenaline. She wanted to end this war so badly and now Honerva was the one person preventing it, but Maisey was also nervous. Honerva was much more powerful than Zarkon and Lotor combined.
"The atlas can't go much further due to the Petrulians zone radiation," Coran gasped as he saw something, "there they are! The Olkari cubes!"
"I'm not picking up any energy signatures," Iverson said, "they must not be active."
"I'm picking something up. It's coming from the White hole," Veronica said.
"The guadian," Allura said.
"Great," Maisey sighed, "the lion is back to kill us."
But then it was a purple light coming towards them, and it diverted into two. Two robeasts.
"No! Where is the guardian?" Allura grunted.
"We don't have time to engage these robeasts," Keith said, "can you clear a path?"
"We'll get you through," Shiro said, "atlas crew, prepare for transformation sequence."
They got to their lions just before the atlas transformed.
"Okay, good luck out there," Shiro said.
"Good luck to you as well," Keith said, "I am deferring command to Allura."
As they were just flying through the white hole, Maisey noticed something.
"Guys, we've got incoming!" She shouted frustrated.
An enormous beam shot through the white hole.
"We gotta move!" Keith shouted and Maisey engaged the wings.
They got to Oriande to only realise that Honerva had indeed captured the White lion, and she was using the beam.
"The guardian! She is draining it's quintessence," Allura shouted infuriated.
Maisey had seen quite a lot of evil in the years, she used to think that it couldn't get worse than Zarkon or Lotor but Honerva was the definition of evil and something told Maisey they had only see a small part of what she was planning.
The guardian was destroyed and all she could think about was Allura and how horrible she must be feeling right now. She found out that she and Coran were the only ones of her kind left and then when it turned out there were more Alteans they were already under the influence of a derranged witch that wanted to kill everything. And now the last thing she could hold onto as a last piece of her home was destroyed right before her eyes. And Maisey hated Honerva for doing that.
"No!" Allura screamed, "we need to stop that witch immidiatly!"
"Two robeasts incoming!" Pidge shouted.
"Form swords!" Keith said.
They instantly started fighting but when Honerva was done siphoning they saw... people.. happy people.
"Are those people down there?" Maisey asked confused.
"What is going on?" Lance asked.
"According to my readings we are seeing into different realities," Pidge said.
"WHAT?!" Maisy and Lance shouted in unison.
"There must be some kind of rip in fabric of time," Pidge said, "the essence of realities is leaking out. Honerva is tearing apart time lines. She could cause a irreparable damage to reality itself!"
The robeasts came in for another attack but Allura and Hunk managed to keep them away by sending off bombs.
"Let's move!" Allura said as they flew towards Honerva, but another blast shot them away.
As soon as Honerva was done she collapsed and with another beam something appeard. One that nobody expected.
Maisey gasped for air as she was frightend by the sight of it. He was back. Lotor was back.
"This was Honerva's plan all along," Keith said.
"No... he's back," Allura stammered, "I can't... no."
Maisey frowned, shocked by Lotor's return yet not wanting to look scared infront of the lying prince.
"We beat your ass before and we will do it again!" Maisey shouted. She wasn't going to let Lotor's return get her down or afraid, she was going to fight.
"Paladins, attack!" Keith shouted.
They fought but Lotor was getting the upperhand which was only more annoying to Maisey since she insulted him right when he reappeard.
Lotor blasted them to the ground causing them to disband. Maisey and Allura were the first ones to regain consciousness.
"We need to move," Allura said, "does anyone copy?"
"I copy, but my lion doesn't," Maisey said.
"Time to end this," Allura grunted, she was going to kill Honerva.
"I'm coming with you," Maisey said determined,
"No," Allura said, "this is a big risk that I am taking and I am not risking you along with it."
"You are my friend, and I will help you," Maisey said, "so suck it up, I am going."
The two friends got out of their lions and charged towards Honerva. Lotor was about to blast them untill Lance flew towards Lotor to stop it, but Lance got thrown away by one of the robeasts. And that robeast got destroyed by Lotor.
They both got to Honerva ready to kill her untill Honerva got them both into some kind of trance.
"Paladin to the White lion," Honerva's voice whispered throughout the void. Maisey was surrounded by darkness.
"Yes, that's me," Maisey shouted, "show yourself!"
"Do you know why the White lion chose you to be it's pilot?" Honerva asked.
"Because I'm worth it," Maisey grunted enraged, "what the hell do you know?"
"I know everything, I was there when it revealed it's choices," Honerva said, "I can show you."
"Show me what?"
"Why you were chosen," she said, "the White lion only chooses it's pilot through blood."
"The White lion had only one pilot before me? They died ten thousand years ago thanks to you and Zarkon," Maisey grunted.
"You have no idea, do you?"
"Idea of what?!"
"Your heritage."
"I'm not talking about my heritage with you, I'm trying to kill you, like, right now!" Maisey grunted, "can you let me out of this black void?"
"I can see all your darkest secrets, I can even see secrets you don't know of," Honerva said, "join me and I can give you everything you want."
"I already have everything I want," Maisey said, "I will end this war and you with it. Mark my words!"
"I can see why my son liked you," Honerva said, changing the subject, "you are feisty. But it's not going to save you or your friends this time."
Honerva appeared infront of her showing her something.
"I am the only one keeping my son at bay," Honerva said, she saw how close Lotor was to killing Lance. She wasn't going to let this happen. So she gave the attack up, for her best friend.
She got her sight back and noticed Allura had done the same.
Maisey got up and looked Honerva in the eyes.
"I don't know what you were talking about in my head," Maisey said, "but I don't need it."
Honerva just stared at Maisey and smirked slightly, Maisey grunted and ran towards Allura who was crying.
She hugged her friend tightly.
"Come on," Maisey said, "we've got to go."
The white hole started to collapse so they had to leave or else they would be trapped forever. They managed to make it out in time via wormhole.
"What the heck just happened?" Hunk asked.
"We failed," Allura said, "and every reality is going to pay the price for that."

Ooooohhhh... not a very big chapter buuuut what did you think of it?
There are two types of girls when their ex returns:
There is Allura who really doesn't want to see him and just can't really handle it right away
And then there is Maisey who is ready to whoop his ass
Also, what do you think Honerva meant with Maisey's heritage?
Idk if it's just me but Maisey and Allura make one hell of a duo
Stay safe out there guys!!