Chapter 35: Reunited

Allura and Lotor were preparing the alchemy ships for their jouney to the quintessence field while the Paladins and Coran anxiously awaited.
"I don't like this plan, going in there is a long shot and then they have to make it out," Hunk stated, his arms folded.
"I agree with Hunk," Coran said, "this is an unnecessary mission,"
Maisey patted Coran on the back for emotional support, she knew that he deeply cared about Allura and she just wanted to be there for him.
"Well, we have traveled through the quintessence field into another reality before," Pidge said, "so mathmatically we know its possible."
"Ah it is hard to argue with math!" Coran said as he jumped besides Pidge, "believe me, I've tried."
"That doesn't matter, the last time someone entered it, it made Zarkon go evil," Lance stated.
"Ah, Lance makes a fair point," Coran said now jumping towards Lance, "take that math!"
"The quintessence field didn't create them, it revealed them," Shiro explained and Maisey looked at him rather confused.
"So what's it gonna reveal now?" Maisey questioned as Shiro looked into her eyes, but his eyes seemed cold.
"Patience, Maisey," Shiro said calmly.
Allura and Lotor got closer to the entrance and all the Paladins were on edge. Maisey was scared for her best friend to go into such a mission with someone Maisey still didn't fully trust. But she knew Allura could take care of herself.
"So this is goodbye," Coran said, "for now."
"Allura," Lance said concerned. She turned around to see the worried expression on her best friend's face, she had to comfort him in any way she could.
"Yes, Lance?" She asked.
"Get back safe," he stammered.
"I will," Allura answered determined before they entered the field.
Maisey layed a hand on Lance's shoulder for comfort. She understood what it was like to want someone even of they didn't want you. She knew.

As they nervously awaited for Lotor and Allura to return safely, the alarms went off.
"I've got an incoming craft!" Coran said disturbed.
"Shields up, and pull it on screen," Shiro said stern.
The footage appeard on screen and Coran's eyes widened in shock but nobody understood why.
"That.. that can't be," he said, "it's an Altean pod, a really old one."
"What's it doing out here?" Lance asked.
"Let's find out," Shiro said, "attention Altean pod, identify yourself."
Keith popped up on the screen and Maisey's jaw dropped. He was.. breathtaking. She shouldn't have thought that, he didn't want anything to do with her. So she looked away from the man she still had strong feelings for. It had been a month since she last saw him and she just wished he'd show up later, when she was finally over him... but her feelings for him were strong so she had to live with the fact that Keith would show up.
"Shiro, it's Keith," he said stern.
"Keith," Shiro said surprised. He had changed, everybody saw that but they didn't really know how he'd changed.
"Where have you been?" Pidge asked.
"And how did you get your hands on that Altean pod?" Coran asked.
"Does he look bigger to you guys?" Lance questioned as he turned around to face her, "does he Maisey?"
"What?" Maisey asked with a frown on her face, she didn't want to see Keith yet. She hadn't moved on from her feelings.

They awaited Keith's arrival as he flew in with the pod. Everyone was surprised by his looks..
"Keith, it's so good to see you," Shiro said, Maisey stood perfectly fine behind Shiro. Shiro was big and Maisey was small, so hiding behind him was easy for her.
"Wait a minute," Lance said as he walked over to Keith, "how do we know you're the real Keith and not his bigger, older, grizzled brother?"
"I don't have time for this Lance!" Keith scoffed walking past him.
"Hey everybody, Keith's back!" Lance shouted sarcastic with an offended look on his face.
"What are you doing here? I thought you were on a mission," Hunk said.
"I'll explain everything later," Keith said, "I have something important that I have to do first."

He saw her stand behind Shiro, he knew she tried to hide her feelings, but her frowning face told him differently. He walked past Shiro. Seeing her after two long years was the best feeling in the world, even if she was mad at him for hurting her. She looked up once she noticed he was walking towards her, the frown on her face however did not dissappear, but he didn't care, he just wanted to hold her closely to him. He wanted to kiss her lips and never break apart again. He wanted her. He needed her. He knew that now.
"Keith, what are you doing?" She asked once he got in front of her. He didn't say anything, he layed one hand on her cheek and the other on her waist as he pulled her closer towards him. Her frown dissappeard for a questioning and red look on her face, she was blushing. He kissed her passionately, he didn't care the others were there. He didn't care that Hunk was cheering, that Coran was shouting, he didn't care about anyone else right now, because all that mattered was this beautiful moment with Maisey. He didn't even care that her scary, older sister was only a few feet away from them.
Once they broke apart he rested his forehead against hers, for a slim second they stared into one anothers eyes and he kissed her forehead before he turned around to explain everything.