Chapter 58: Uncharted Regions

"I have to talk to you," Maisey said when she got back from her visit in the medical bay. Honerva somehow managed to use the entity against Allura and now she appeard to be in some sort of coma.
"Sounds serious," Avrigg said as she quirked a brow, "what's up, Tiny?"
"Could you stop calling me Tiny? Pidge is even smaller!" Maisey grunted.
"No can do, Tiny," Avrigg said with a smirk on her face, "besides since I grew into a Galra size, you are even smaller than before.. so I should call you Extra Tiny now."
"Ugh, can we talk? Miss Taller Than A Tree?!" Maisey asked frustrated, Avrigg simply laughed and nodded.
"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Avrigg asked.
"I just found out that I am half Altean," Maisey said and Avrigg started to laugh, which Maisey found very offensive.
"More like half ant, since you're so tiny," Avrigg laughed when she saw Maisey's frustrated face.
"I AM SERIOUS," she snapped so loud people started watching.
"I thought you were half Altean?" Avrigg laughed even more. Maisey didn't understand why she was laughing and mocking her.
"Why don't you believe me?" She asked her sister.
"Because I've met your father," Avrigg said, "blonde guy, light skin and green eyes, no Altean marks and no pointy ears. British accent perhaps, but not Altean, more like assmonkey."
"Well, Aresa, the first paladin of the White lion has told me that the White lion chooses by blood," Maisey said, "even Honerva forsaw it!"
"So you are really believing a paladin who has been dead for ten thousand years and the woman who is currently trying to kill everyone in every reality? You need to sort out your priorities, Tiny," Avrigg brushed it off.
"You are so annoying!" Maisey grunted, "Altean's can change their appearances to the people of the planet."
"Yeah, but not that good," Avrigg laughed, "you really believe it, don't you?"
"Yes!" Maisey said stern, "because it makes sense! If you are so sure who my father is, tell me his name so I can track him down when this is all over."
"Fine. Lenn Yorkwill," Avrigg said, "he left just a few months before you were born, was in a hurry to get away or something. I kind of told him to get lost."
"You told him to get lost at the age of eight?" Maisey asked as she quirked a brow.
"Yeah, he thought that I would believe him with his excuse," Avrigg explained, "he was going to the supermarket to buy some food for mom, but he had a bag full of things in his hand. I might have been eight, but I wasn't stupid."
"But you were blind because you didn't see he was Altean!"
"Maisey, even if I could see it I wouldn't know what an Altean was," Avrigg said, "besides how would an Altean even get on earth if they were all kissing Lotor's feet, no offense, back at the colony under supervision."
"What do you mean 'no offense'?" Maisey asked.
"Well, you kind of kissed his feet too," Avrigg said altough she didn't expected her sisters face to get so angry, "but if it makes you feel any better, Allura kissed his feet even more!"
"Jeez, thanks, you should get a me 'not so much of a Lotor's feet kisser as you could have been' award!" Maisey said as she rolled her eyes and continued, "maybe an Altean would've managed to escape."
"Maybe, but it's highly unlikely," Avrigg shrugged.
"Highly unlikely? Is that what you told yourself when your father told you you were half Galra?" Maisey asked.
"No. I was already turning purple at the time," Avrigg said casually, "so unless you're turning Altean I don't buy it."
"Fine." Maisey grunted.
"Paladins, to the bridge," Shiro called.
"That is my cue, dear half Galra sister," Maisey said as she stomped off.
"I might have believed it if I hadn't known your father back then," Avrigg called but she walked out of the room to the bridge.
"Honerva's been off the grid since we left Oriande... until now," Shiro explainedom the bridge, "We just detected a wormhole signature at coordinates beta-four-ex-seven. Unfortunately, without Allura's ability to wormhole, we'll never get to her."

Before the briefing she pulled Coran aside, she had to talk to him, maybe he'd understand and maybe he could use a distraction from Allura, who was still unconscious.
"Coran, I need to talk you you," Maisey said as she walked into the medical bay.
"Of course. What's on your mind?" Coran asked as he stood up. Maisey had always liked Coran, he was somehow the fun like father figure she never had, she absolutely loved Coran even if they couldn't always spend a lot of time together.
"Well, when we were in Honerva's mind, we got trapped with the original Paladins, and well I was with Aresa, Allura's aunt. She told me that the White lion chooses by blood," Maisey explained, "she told me I am half Altean and somehow very distantly related to Allura from Aresa's bloodline."
"I had a hunch when I first met you," Coran said, "after all, I was the one to have Aresa try out for the White lion, I sort of put the pieces together back then. But when I met you, you did not appear Altean, which wasn't so weird because Altea was destroyed and we all thought everyone parished with it. When Keith discovered Romelle and the colony I started thinking that perhaps somehow you could be related to an Altean. But I let that slip when I realized your mother was human and all the Alteans were in the colony, there was no way an Altean could've met a human."
"So, you don't believe it either? Avrigg thought it isn't true as well," Maisey said defeated.
"I did not say I didn't believe it," Coran said, "if Aresa told you so, it must be true, in any kind of way. I never would've guessed another piece of Altea was so close to me and Allura."
Maisey smiled as she actually had to fight back tears, this was all just a little much.
"I love you, Coran," she cried out. She did, in any kind of way, Coran never judged her, he always made her laugh and he was just a magnificent person to know. Coran seemed surprised by her sudden affection, the two didn't spend a lot of time alone, they talked sometimes in private but most of the times the others were there. But they did share a strong bond despite it.
"I love you too, Maisey," Coran said as he pulled her in for a hug. They just stood there like that for a little while, untill they had to go to the briefing. Enjoying each others company, like family.