Chapter 12: How To Comfort..

"Is he okay?" Hunk asked Allura. Keith and Shiro had a bad time when they landed on a dangerous planet and Shiro got wounded during the fight, not making it any easier for them to survive the planet, luckily they did.
"The pods can sometimes create a brain wave reaction," Allura answered.
"He looks like he's having a bad dream," Hunk said as he looked again at Shiro, who was grunting.
"After all the stuff he's been through it's not so weird to have a bad dream," Keith softly said.
Maisey sat away from the others, her arms folded around her knees as she rested her chin on her arms. Perhaps the hope of her sister being alive made her too happy for a long time, at least she had a goal, now she just felt emptiness.
"Hey there," Lance sighed as he sat down beside her, "I'm really sorry about Avrigg, I loved her too. She was amazing and will always be remembered."
"Thank you, Lance," Maisey said and he wrapped an arm around her, "at least I still have you."
"You'll always have me," Lance said as he kissed her on the top of her head.
She smiled at him, but however not even he could fill the hole she was feeling right now. Nobody could do that except Avrigg and she would never see her again, she couldn't even say goodbye to her sister, or grief properly because she had believed for so long she was alive somewhere in space. She had searched for so long and had been building up shreds of false hope, however that false hope made that hole full because at least she did not know the truth then. She needed to know the truth, but it still killed her inside.
Keith who had been watching Lance and Maisey couldn't help but feel sorry, he knew how much Avrigg meant to her.. it was similair to Keith and how he felt about Shiro, and even if he knew how it felt to lose someone so important he did not know how to comfort her. He didn't even know if she would want his comfort, and the fact that he didn't know what to do made him feel guilty, so sooner or later he would talk about it to Shiro, because.. he would know what to do.
At that moment Shiro started to wake up so Keith diverted his attention away from Maisey and Lance to Shiro.

"I can't find any coordinates," Pidge said as she was checking Shiro's robotic arm, "are you sure you have been rescued?"
"I'm sure," Shiro said, "someone rescued me."
"And he was Galra?" Allura asked judging.
"Yes," Shiro answered.
"You know you can not trust them," Allura simply said.
"Well your father must have trusted them once, Zarkon was the original black paladin wasn't he?" Shiro roasted Allura with that question.
"That was a long time ago," Allura answered bluntly.
"Wait, what?" Lance questioned shocked.
"Didn't you see how he stole the black lion right under Shiro's nose? Or how he did those amazing things with his bayard? You know the black one, Shiro's bayard?" Keith stated coldly.
"Why didn't you just tell us the truth about Zarkon?" Shiro asked Allura.
"I did not want to tell you the dark history of the Paladins so that I could give you a change to bond with your lion on your own," Allura said.
"I think the black lion feels differently," Shiro said stern.
"Wait I see it now!" Pidge said, "there are a repeating of Galra Numbers.. they are coordinates, they lead to the Thyldycon system."
"Let's go," Shiro said.
"Shiro, are you sure you trust this?" Keith asked.
"It's worth a shot," he answered determined on going to check it out.

"There it is, there is no life here," Coran answered.
"Can we get to a closer look?" Shiro asked.
"Negative I do not want to bring the Castle closer to those Xanthorium crystals, if we bump into one of them they'll blow us straight to Wuzblay!" Coran said.
"Are you sure this is right?" Shiro questioned.
"I just followed what number five gave me," Coran said.
"Hey, my decryption is solid!" Pidge said in her self defense.
"Well, there is nothing here so let's go," Allura said.
"No, there is something here, I can feel it," Shiro said, "we should wait."
"Sure, let's wait for some magical appearance," Maisey whispered sarcastic as she folded her arms, much like Keith always did.
Right at that moment the alarms went off. Someone was aboard.
"There you have your magical appearance," Lance said.
"Can everyone just get into this ship so easily?" Maisey questioned as they all went to a spot to take down the intruder.

"Oh Hunk failed the team guys," she heard Coran say through the speakers as she awaited.
With her bayard in her hand she was ready to take the intruder down.
"Coming your way number five!" Coran said.
"Oh no, he's dragging Pidge along!" Coran said a few seconds later, "coming towards you Maisey!"
The intruder was big, a lot bigger than a regular human man. It was quite intimidating, but she wasn't going to let that stop her.
She tried to fight him off but she got smacked against the wall.
Hunk and Lance helped her up and the three followed them until Keith got thrown onto the three by the intruder..
Keith helped her up and Shiro was fighting the intruder. In the end Allura threw the intruder against the wall, who turned out to be Ulaz, Shiro's saviour and they would now start questioning him. Maisey was more shocked by the strength of Allura then the fact that this man was Shiro's saviour.

"I'm staying here," Allura said after the group decided to go to Ulaz' base, that was hidden in a space time fold.
"I'm staying here to protect the princess," Lance said.
"I'm gonna take a nap," Maisey said, she had been sleeping badly. She needed sleep. Luckily nobody argued on it.
"Are you going to be allright?" Shiro asked her.
"I'll be fine," she lied with a fake smile as she walked away towards her room.

"Is space dangerous?" Maisey asked Avrigg.
"Of course it is, it is more dangerous then here on earth, because if you get lost... you could be lost forever," she answered.
"But that's not gonna happend with you right?" Maisey asked worried.
"Of course not," Avrigg said, "I'm unstoppable." Avrigg snickered at her own remark.
"Promise me."
"I might say that I won't, but I can't promise you that Tiny," Avrigg said, "what if I were to break that promise?"
"So what if you do get lost?" Maisey asked her older sister worried, "should I come look for you?"
"No," she said with a soft smile, "I will find my way back to you. That I can promise."
"Unless you die," Maisey said stern.
"Unless I die," Avrigg repeated, "if such thing should happen, remember to live your life to the fullest."
Maisey raised a brow and Avrigg smiled kindly.
"I don't want you to waste your time on me, live your life," Avrigg said.
"You know I won't untill I am sure you are dead," Maisey said.
"Perhaps, but promise me this,"
"What?"
"Don't bother too much time on me, I won't be missed by many," she said.
"I'll miss you," Maisey said.
Avrigg smiled.

"Maisey! Hurry we're under attack!" Allura called. She shot up from her nap, she kept her paladin armor on just in case something like this would happen.
She ran to her lion and joined the Paladins as quickly as she could, not really sure what was going on until she saw another robeast that was made by the Galra. Couldn't they just sent regular soldiers? Why did they always need to send some weird lab monster they just wanted to get rid of?
"It's trying to suck us up," Pidge screamed trying to avoid the beast.
"Like a vacuum?" Maisey asked.
"Yeah," Shiro said, "we have to form voltron!"
They tried to fight it, but there was no way of fighting it. Great, how were they going to defeat this thing now?
"I'll help!" Ulaz said, "I can take it down from the inside!"
"Ulaz no!" Shiro shrieked as Ulaz was flying towards the beast.
"The universe needs voltron!" Ulaz said stern.
And he went into the mouth of the robeast so he could save them.
For a split second they thought the beast had won, until it got sucked into nothingness.
"He started the space time fold!" Pidge said. Ulaz' sacrifce left them all a bit empty inside. A bit shocked.

He saw how she sat there, watching the stars in utter silence. He had been trying to find the words for several minutes now, just to get scared by her.
"Are you just going to keep standing there?" She asked cold as she looked over her shoulder with almost zero emotion in her green eyes. Must be something she learned in the past year.
"No, I came here for you," Keith answered soft, but his heart was raising everytime he saw her and he didn't understand why.
"Why would you do that?" Maisey asked confused as her eyes softened.
"To comfort you, to let you know that I am here for you," Keith said as he sat down besides her, "I might have found Shiro back, and he's not blood, but I know how you feel.."
"Yes?"
"I lost my dad when I was a kid," Keith explained, "my mom left when I was a baby."
"I'm sorry," she said and she managed to offer him a small smile.
"So am I," he said, "I should've came to you sooner, I just.. didn't know what to say or do.. I still don't actually."
"It's fine," Maisey said softly, "just being here is already enough Keith."
She rested her head on his shoulder and he rested his head on top of hers. It was peaceful, and enjoyable.
"Thank you," she whispered.
"No problem," he whispered back, but he didn't think she heard it, because she had fallen asleep.. she had been having bad nights, unable to sleep. It was nice to know that she felt comfortable around him, it made him feel at peace.
They sat there for hours, in silence, surrounded by the stars. Unknowing of their feelings towards the other.