Chapter 39: The Luckiest In The Universe

"Hello, Pretty," James said with a smirk on his face. She rolled her eyes as she took her plate of food to her table.
"James, we have to be careful," she whispered.
"What? We are on an assignment together, remember?" James asked, "so your brother-friend whatever he is shouldn't have to worry."
"He will," she shrugged, "we grew up together, he is like my family and I love him."
"I know, I know," James sighed as he flipped his hair.
He took a carrot off her plate and grinned once Keith walked in, Keith didn't look happy at all. But he never did.
She always wondered what he was up to, he never wanted a conversation with her. He probably didn't even know her name. She didn't know why she even cared about that.
"Kogane, this cafetaria is supposed to be for talented cadets," James laughed, Maisey shot him a furious look, which he ignored. She hated it when James was being a jerk.
"Why are you here then?" Keith asked with an unamused look on his face. James' grin faded, he looked at her but she ignored his glances as she calmly continued to eat her food.
"At least I got here by myself, I didn't need anyone to 'suggest' me," James said.
"At least I got suggested," Keith replied.
"Guys, calm down," Maisey said, "stop acting like children and eat your food."
"Yes, Kogane, listen to the pretty girl," James said, "she knows what she is talking about."
"Yeah, right," he scoffed.
"What's that supposed to mean?" She asked Keith, quite insulted, James stood up with an angry look on his face.
"Don't ever talk to her again," James sneered, she shot James another look.
"Like I'd want to," Keith said, but as soon as he said it his eyes widened in shock.
"Well, I'm sorry if I'm not amusing enough for you to talk to," Maisey scoffed, "but that's fine because the entire world isn't amusing enough for you."
"I'm sorry," he said.
"Just walk along, Kogane," Maisey scoffed as she sat down.
"I'm really sorry, you seem really nice and I didn't mean to offend you," Keith said, he seemed to mean it. Her face softened and she smiled.
"It's fine," she said, Keith nodded and walked off. She kind of felt bad for him, something seemed to bother him.
"Man, if he ever gets a girlfriend I'd feel sorry for her," James sighed as he sat back down as soon as Keith was out of his sight.
"Why is that?"
"The guy doesn't care about anything, he hardly smiles, he's boring and extremely rude all the time," James said, "who the hell wants to be with someone who can't controle his own words?"
She frowned as he continued to eat her carrots. Would that be true? She wasn't so sure about that.. the fact that he was such a closed person made him more intresting to her... She just wouldn't tell James that.

When she opened her eyes everything was blurry for a while.
"What happened?" Maisey asked, not knowing if anyone was inside.
"You fainted," Avrigg said, "everyone freaked out, especially Keith, before anyone had the change to help you he already carried you into the black lion."
"Really?" She asked, she sat upright and realized she was in Keith's pilot seat. This seat was so much bigger than the one in the white lion.. she saw that only Avrigg was inside. Where were the others?
"Before you ask," Avrigg said as she sat upright, "Lance, Hunk, Pidge, Coran and Romelle went to get faunatonium, Keith, Krolia and Allura are in the storage room waiting for Shiro to wake up. The clone body is rejecting Shiro's consciousness."
"How long have I been out?" She asked.
"Few hours," Avrigg answered, "I patched you up. Cleaned your wounds, stitched that nasty cut in your leg."
"Thanks," she said, crawling into the blanket, "I should check if everything is allright with Shiro."
"That can wait, he has enough visitors already," Avrigg said, "I think it's time you and I talk."
"But Shiro's my friend," Maisey said.
"He's my friend too, he's my best friend," Avrigg said stern, "but you and I have to talk."
"Fine," Maisey sat down, "explain why you're purple."
Avrigg frowned upon her words before she explained it.
"My father is Galra," she said, "his name is Vryss and he is part of the Blades of Marmora. When he met mom he was still a part of Zarkon's troops, he once crashed into a planet, earth, mom found him and they fell in love and then they had me. He had to leave to make sure the Galra wouldn't come, to protect us. So he joined the Blades. He was the captain at Sendak's ship when they took us from Kerberos.. he saved me but he couldn't save all of us. He told me the truth about myself and it really helped me figure out who I am. I joined the Blades, like he did. I knew that I had to protect you from this war even if it meant I would never get so see you again, I just needed you to be safe. Seems like I failed since you became a paladin of voltron. And I had to save my friends. I first got Ulaz to save Shiro, I knew the blue lion was on earth, I knew Shiro would protect it from the Galra. After that I gave the intel about Matt's whereabouts to a rebel group, since I didn't have the resources to do so. They got him out, but I never managed to save Sam, luckily you guys did so. Listen Tiny, I'm sorry I wasn't there when everything went bad. I'm sorry I left you all alone."
"I wasn't alone," Maisey scoffed, "I had Lance, Hunk, Adam and even James despite the fact I broke up with him."
"You finally broke up with that crapbag?" Avrigg sighed relieved, but quickly changed her relieved expression when she saw Maisey's stern look, "sorry, I just really didn't like the thought of him close to my sister."
Maisey frowned, if she thought James was bad maybe she should tell her about Lotor. If she did that Avrigg would probably faint.
"Why did you break up with him?"
"We got into a fight, and he pointed out that I had no father," Maisey sighed, "I slapped him and broke up with him.. he kept on apologizing afterwards but I refused to talk to him. After Adam got me out of class to tell me that mom had died, he came to me, he stayed with me despite Lance's glares."
"He didn't approve?"
"He didn't even know untill we got into an argument back in our first days at the Castle," Maisey grinned, "but enough about that.. I get that you're half Galra, but why are you purple? I mean Keith is half Galra too, but he didn't turn purple, altough when we fought Shiro he did get a little Galra but not as much as you are right now."
"I was slightly changing while we were on the Kerberos mission, but it just transformed me later on, I've always looked different, now it just really changed," Avrigg said, "I'm happy like this."
Maisey nodded.
"So, did you get more boyfriends in space or just Griffin?" Avrigg asked and Maisey coughed dramatically when she asked.
"I kind of, kissed Lotor once," Maisey whispered as she diverted her glance from Avrigg to her feet.
"Lotor? Space prince Lotor? The guy you just beat?" Avriggs asked and Maisey nodded, "you really have a taste for the wrong guys."
"If Keith's under that category then sure," Maisey shrugged.
"I already knew that," she smiled. Maisey shot her a confused look.
"How did you know?"
"Long story short; we went into the quantum abyss. I saw the kiss you shared, I knew you were in space and Keith confessed." She answered.
"Confessed what? Does he like me?" She asked like a little fangirl.
"You should really have this conversation with him," Avrigg said with wide open eyes.
"Well, I told him that I loved him when we were about to die, which we didn't do as you can see, but he never got the change to tell me," Maisey sighed, "I think he tried to tell me when we were on the training deck, but you interrupted."
"Oh.. I'm sorry," Avrigg said, "just go and talk to him."
"Sure as soon as you talk to Romelle," Maisey said as she quirked a brow. Avrigg blinked several times.
"What?" She asked.
"Oh, please," Maisey scoffed, "I'm not blind, you have feelings for Romelle, just talk to her already."
"We haven't known each other that long, I'm not gonna rush into anything," Avrigg said, "besides I don't even know if she likes girls."
"Well then make her like girls," Maisey said, "come on, you're the best girl a girl can have."
"It doesn't work like that genius," Avrigg frowned. Maisey shrugged.
"Your shipname would be Avelle," Maisey whispered and Avrigg facepalmed.
"I can do that too, not just with one guy, but with three," Avrigg joked.
"Try me," Maisey said.
"Jamesey," Avrigg shrieked, "Maitor, Keisey."
"Maitor?!" Maisey laughed, "that sounds horrible."
"I don't ship it, but hey, all ships are valid," Avrigg said as she shrugged, "I'm rooting for Keisey, but..."
"SO AM I," Maisey shrieked and the sisters bursted out into laughter, "I missed this."
"So did I," Avrigg said, "I missed you, Tiny."
Avrigg hugged her, and the two enjoyed their presence for a while.
"Do you know about mom?" Maisey asked after a while. Avrigg's smile faded and she looked at the ground.
"Yes, I do," she said softly, "I..."
"It's not your fault," Maisey said as she grasped Avrigg's hand but she pulled away, her anger taking the best of her.
"It is!" She shrieked, "I left and mom got sick.. I couldn't help her and the worst part is that you had to deal with that alone, you were only sixteen and you needed me, and I wasn't there."
"Nobody could've known, it's not your fault," Maisey said, "you were risking your life out here every day, you met your father and you thought that you were doing what was right. Which you were. I know I acted different back at the Castle but I understand now Avrigg, it's not your fault that she got sick.. it's not your fault that she died.. you know she would never want you to feel that."
"That's not the point," Avrigg grunted as tears filled her eyes.
"It is! She would've sacrificed herself if that meant that we could live," Maisey said, "even in her final days she still had that strength she always had, she loved you and would never want you to feel like this. Neither do I. I love you Avrigg."
"I love you too," Avrigg said after a while of silent thinking, "I.. still struggle with the fact that she won't be there when we get back."
"So will I," Maisey said, "but we're returning home together and that's all she ever wanted.. for us to find our way back together."
"You're right," Avrigg said and she hugged her little sister, "I really missed you, Tiny."
"I missed you too," Maisey smiled, "we should check on Shiro."
"Yeah, come on," Avrigg said.
They walked into the next room, but there was a dark cloud hovering over them, Krolia was standing next to Keith who was punching his fist at the glass in anger.
"The clone body is not accepting Shiro's consciousness," Allura whispered into her ear, "I can't do anything for him, we'll have to wait for him to wake up."
Maisey nodded as she saw how stressed Keith was, she wanted to hug him, but he clearly needed to do this by himself.
Keith slammed his fists against the glass one last time as he squeezed his eyes shut.
"I'm not giving up on you!" He shouted as a tear fell onto the glass, as if Shiro knew, he woke up.
"You saved me," Shiro said as the two embraced.
Allura and Maisey jumped in excitement and hugged each other while doing so. As soon as Keith had let go she took her change and hugged Shiro.
"Oh, I've missed you," she said so happy her friend was going to be okay.
"I've missed you too," Shiro said, "it's good to see you Maisey."
Maisey smiled one last time before she let go, Shiro, the real Shiro, looked at Avrigg. Shocked by her appearance
"I remember the time when you were smaller then me, and less purple," Shiro joked, Avrigg smiled as she walked towards her friend.
"I remember the time when you didn't look grey and old but, hey, I suppose age does that to you," Avrigg joked as she hugged him, "I've really missed you, Shiro, you have no idea."
"I missed you so much, I thought you were dead," Shiro said. Maisey had let the two talk as she walked around the healing pod, she looked up to Keith, he was so much taller then her.. she didn't hesitate and hugged him tightly. He put his face into the crook of her neck and hugged her back.
She stood on her toes while they were hugging and she could swear that he sometimes lifted her up in the air, just quickly.
"Shiro! You're awake!" Lance said happily as they walked inside.
"Where were you guys? We couldn't get a hold on you," Keith said, he still hugged her however, before things got awkward she let go of him, but Keith's hand still remained on her lower back.
"We got shrunk by some skunk and then we had to slide over their heads into some magic, floathing water bubbels in order to get back to out regular size," Lance explained calmly. Everyone just looked at them confused.
"Yeah, I'm really back," Shiro said sarcastically. This kind of stuff always happened to them.
"Now let's charge these lions!" Lance said.

That night she sat on top of a rock with Lance, they watched how the others were doing their regular things.
"You know, Lance," Maisey said, "I never properly thanked you."
"Thank me for what?" Lance asked confused.
"For being such a good friend, I don't deserve you," Maisey said, "I really love you man."
"I love you too," Lance said and she hugged him tightly.
"I need your help," she said.
"With what?" He asked.
"I want to be in a relationship with Keith," she said, "but he.. well, you know."
"Oh, I know," he shrugged, "I'm going to talk to him."
"What?!" She shouted not expecting that.
"Calm down, we are not rivals anymore, Keith and I are friends and I'm gonna tell him to get off his lazy butt and talk to you," Lance said.
"I don't know if I should thank you or not," Maisey sighed.
"Believe me, you will thank me," Lance said, "and by the way, I approve."
"Approve?"
"Of you and Keith," Lance rolled his eyes, "you don't think I'm just gonna let you date guys without my approval now, do you?"
Maisey stared at him in confusion, she wasn't sure how she should respond, untill she saw him walk towards her.
"He's coming, be cool," she said as she sat in a very forced way.
"Hey, I'm calm, you're the weird one right now," Lance winked as he turned around to face Keith, "Ah, Keith, what brings you here?"
"I wanted to talk to Maisey," he said, "in private, please."
"Ah, I will leave," Lance said but before he walked past Keith he layed his hand on his shoulder and looked into his eyes, "by the way, I approve."
Keith frowned as he watched Lance walk away.
"He approves?" Keith asked confused as he walked towards her.
"I don't even know," Maisey chuckled. Keith sat down beside her, she felt fluttered inside, she couldn't help but smile.
"We never got to finish our conversation," Keith said softly, she noticed he was very close to her, their legs brushed each other.
"I know," she said and smiled, "you were talking."
Keith nodded as he was clearly searching for the right words.
"When I met you, in the hallway back at the Garrison there was something about you that had me, paralyzed," he said as he looked into her eyes, "your presence was the only presence I really enjoyed at the Garrison."
"Okay," she said, unsure what to say. Keith's face turned red as he stuttered.
"Forget that," Keith said, "I'm not so good at this."
"I think you are," she said softly, "just tell me what you really want to tell me."
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yeah, come on Keith, you've got this," she said with a smile on her face.
"I'm thinking about leaving voltron," he said, "I wanted to tell you back on the training-."
"YOU WHAT?!" She shouted. Was he serious? She looked at his stern face trying to figure out if he meant it and she feared the worse, but then he bursted out into laughter.
"Your sister is right, getting you stressed is funny," Keith laughed so loudly he couldn't stop and he started to cry.
"That's not funny," she said as she slapped his arm playfully, "I'm serious Keith."
He sighed and wiped his tears away once he was done laughing.
"What did you want to tell me?" She asked.
"I really love you," he said as he took her hand, "and I really, really want to be with you, but if you don't want to I completely understand.."
She smiled softly, placed her hand on his cheek and kissed him passionately. They slowly broke apart, their noses sliding against one another as they started into each others eyes, she could feel his breath on her lips.
"I would be the happiest girl in the universe if I could call you my boyfriend," she said, his eyes widened as his eyes were glinstering, he smiled widely.
"You would be?" He asked surprised and she nodded.
"I really would," she said, "I love you, Keith."
"I love you too, girlfriend," he joked as he leaned in for another kiss, "you might be the luckiest girl, but I am the luckiest guy.. you are amazing."
"I think you're amazing too," she said, "should we tell the others?"
"We could," Keith said, "or we could stay here for a while and continue kissing and maybe cuddle while we are looking at the stars."
"Sounds perfect to me," she said as the two kissed again. This was the best feeling in the entire universe.

Ooohh, it has finally happened.. and fun fact, I was actually listening to love me like you do from Ellie Goulding while I was writing this last part. (It's an old playlist) which I find very ironic, it kind if suits them. I'm sorry the pic seems so sad, I didn't want to give away what was coming.
Hope you liked this chapter!!