Chapter 8: Poisoned

The next morning somehow felt better like the ones before, she had a fluttering feeling inside of her and she was ready for this day. She was excited for this day.. Maisey had struggled for the past year now and for the first time she actually woke up with a genuine smile upon her face and a butterfly like feeling in her stomach. She wasn't sure what made this day different from others but she was glad to not feel a certain heavyness on her heart for once.
She did her usual morning routine while dancing to a song that had been stuck in her head before getting something to eat.
"Maisey and Pidge, please come down to the detainment room," Coran called.
She groaned but decided to finish her breakfeast, Coran could wait a few more ticks she was going to eat every last bit of her breakfast.
Pidge was already there when Maisey got there.
"Hi guys, what are we doing?" Maisey questioned when she noticed Sendak in a pod.
"We are trying to use Sendak's memories in order to gain more knowledge," Pidge answered as she was curiously looking at the Altean technology.
Maisey shared a confused look with Lance before he shrugged clearly not understanding much of it either.
She slowly made her way to the open spot between Lance and Keith as she tried to avoid eye contact with the red paladin. She was frightend for what she might face after that kiss on the cheek. Afraid of his response.
"Man, when I die I want all my knowledge to be stored in a big ship," Lance said with his arms folded and a proud smile on his face.
"The amount of knowledge in your head can be stored in a paper airplane," Keith replied uncaring and frowning.
"Oh well, the amount in your head...!" Lance screamed at Keith until he realised he did not have a comeback.
"Yes?" Keith scoffed.
"It's less than what I have!" Lance said proudly as he folded his arms.
"Oh, good one Lance!" Hunk said supportive.
Maisey pouted as she was wondering what the heck had just happened. That was one shitty comeback and it was about their knowledge..
"Let's just cut the crap," Maisey said as she walked forward to get a closer look at Sendak, she already despised this man, "I want to ask him a few questions."
"Like what?" Lance asked confused.
"Well, Shiro said that they were on his ship when they got captured," Maisey answered, "he also said that Avrigg was taken by an imposter, which means he might know the imposter that took her and what happened afterwards to her."
"You're right," Shiro said softly with a stern look focussed on Sendak's detained body.
"And I've been wondering," Maisey started as she looked at Shiro, "why did the imposter decide to save Avrigg? What made her more important to the imposter than the other members of the crew?"
"What are you implying?" Shiro asked as he saw her puzzled face, however she never answered.
"She's implying that the capture might have been just to get to Avrigg," Pidge answered for her.
"But that doesn't make any sense," Lance said.
"Yeah, why would they take Shiro and the others as well if it was just about her?" Keith questioned.
"It's just a theory," Maisey replied as she held up her hands in defense, "they might have been at the wrong place and time."
"Man, you sound like a police guy," Lance said and he scratched his head, "it's making my brain fuzzy."
"Like that's new," Keith scoffed.
"Can you shut up Mullet?!"
"Guys stop!" Hunk said.
Maisey sighed getting annoyed by their constant bickering, they were acting like little babies.
"Let's wait for this guy to.." Maisey's face fell, "share his memories with us?"
"How insane is that?" Lance laughed in disbelief.
"How do we know if it will work Coran?" Shiro asked.
"Well, we don't," Coran answered, "we just have to wait."

"Today we are honoring two of the most important people in my life, Takashi and Avrigg," Adam said as he spoke through the speaker at the Garrison, "and also Samual Holt and his son Matt Holt, they were taken too soon from us."
The hall was filled, she sat in the front with her mother. All she could wonder was about Avrigg's father, did her mother tell him about her death? And if he knew, would he care? Or did he never care at all?
Probably not, he left just like Maisey's dad left her. Their mother never really spoke about either of their father's, she was very secretive when they would bring the subject up. All she knew of Avrigg's father was that he was a brave man whatever the hell that meant. That was all her mother would ever say about Avrigg's father, seeing how she never said that about Maisey's it probably meant that her father was a coward.
"Takashi was the kind of man you just could not help but fall for, the first time we spoke he spilled chocolate milk all over my uniform, before that I never imagined him to be such a terrible and awkward flirt. But he was, however I wanted to get to know him, and eventually it got worse. He started using pick-up lines that he found online, I always frowned when he did that. It ended when his best friend told him to act differently, she eventually became my best friend as well, she managed to make all his clumsyness with words towards me dissappear and ask me on a date, and it was amazing. He was also stubborn, so stubborn that arguing did not work to keep him here on earth, with me. He was sick but he was convinced he had to be on that mission, which he really didn't. I love him, I always will and I hate the fact that  I will never be able to tell him that myself," Adam sobbed and Maisey felt sorry for him, she looked at the chair on the end of the line, where Keith sat, he glared at the ground, his fists balded, his eyes filled with tears that he tried to fight. She felt sorry for him as well.
"Avrigg," Adam continued, "she had always been an odd one, and most saw that as a bad thing, but I always saw it as a quality. She was the type of friend everyone needed, she was selfless and so kind. She could talk for hours or sit in silence. I remember her sarcasm, that sometimes got her in trouble. I remember how she helped Takashi to date me, but being a disaster at getting herself a date. It was funny for sure. I also remember the time she brought me to her home, where I met her caring mother and curious sister, I can not imagine what you are going through, just know that you are not alone in this. Takashi and Avrigg are angels and angels can not stay on earth forever."
Maisey smiled as she made eye contact with Adam right before he moved on to the Holts.