Chapter 69: A Magical Gala

"Are you almost ready?" Keith asked from his spot at the bed. Maisey sighed as she was still in the bathroom getting ready for this gala that they had to attend.
"I'm almost finished," Maisey said, "but they're is no rush, right? We meet them at the end of the night... which still seems a little odd to me."
"We still don't want to be late, that will make a bad impression," Keith said as he walked over to the bathroom, "you look gorgeous."
"Thank you," Maisey said with a warm smile upon her face, "I am never going to get used to you in a suit.. and you even did your hair. You look really handsome, Keith."
"Thank you," Keith said as he leaned against the door opening. Keith and Maisey had to go to a diplomatic gala to meet the new diplomatic representors of Altea. Maisey was quite offended that Coran didn't let her know that he was creating a council since they had gotten closer and talked almost every day. Perhaps he was too busy. For some reason they wanted to start their jobs off by throwing a gala in the new Castle of Lions..
"I'm ready," she said as she quickly stepped into her heels and hooked her arm with Keith's.
As they walked off their ship Maisey was confused once more... where were all the crewmembers? She hadn't seen Moudol for hours and she would usually be roaming the ship. Maisey decided to ignore that and simply made her way to the Castle with Keith.
"Do you remember our first gala? Back in the Castle of Lions?" Keith asked her as they were walking all alone in the dark streets of Altea. She smiled warmly as she remembered every bit of it.. it was a very special night for them.
"Of course I do," she said as she hugged his arm, "it was the first time we danced together."
She remembered how nervous she was as he asked her to dance.. it was a magical evening.

"You look taller," he said and she giggled.
"That's because I'm wearing heels," she said.
"Why? I liked your normal height," he said and she raised a brow. She was quite surprised by his compliment on her height. She noticed that he was slightly nervous and so was she, she could feel her heart in her throat the entire time
"Thank you," she said and Keith shut his mouth as his widened eyes were clearly signaling that he had no clue on what to do next. She noticed Lance and Hunk signaling to Keith from the corner of her eye and she was glad that they wanted to help him, especially Lance who had a bad past with Keith.
He held his arm up for her and she hooked her own in his, his eyes widened shocked. He clearly didn't expect her to accept, but she had honestly been waiting for him to do so.. she had feelings for Keith and this moment made her heart flutter.
They walked towards Hunk and Lance. Who were pretending to have a normal conversation, she knew what was really going on with the guys but decided to act oblivious for Keith's sake, so he could grow more confident with himself.
"Hi guys," Maisey said as she admired her friends tuxedo's, "Lance, Hunk, you look amazing in that tuxedo."
She noticed that Keith took that the wrong way by his small pout but she was only complimenting her best friends, when she would compliment Keith it would mean so much more to her.
"Thank you Maisey," Lance said and he bowed, "as beautiful as you look I will see if Allura would like to dance."
"Of course she'd want to once she sees you in that tuxedo," Maisey encouraged him and Lance bowed. Lance acted confident but he surely wasn't and she would make sure she could encourage him as much as she could.
Hunk looked rather awkward. He clearly sensed the tension.
"Oh look, it's Shay," Hunk said, "maybe she'd like to dance with me, I'll just go., ask her."
"I think she'd like to Hunk," Maisey said and chuckled. She knew what they were doing, they were trying to get the two alone, little matchmakers. She appreciated their efforrts.
It was quiet for a bit, she saw how his confidence was slowly leaving him.. she smiled warmly, confident that she could make him feel better about himself and this entire situation.
"I see the tuxedo shopping went really well," Maisey said, she smiled and straightend his tuxedo a little, "it looks amazing on you."
"Thanks," Keith said and he lost himself in the moment, taking her hands, "you look beautiful,"
She stared into his eyes and smiled gratefully. She really wanted to kiss him right now, she stared into his eyes and all she could think about was how she wanted to be with him...
"Thanks Keith," she said and she kissed him om the cheek, deciding not to startle him too much for the first time. She laughed and rubbed the lipstick off his cheek, he smiled warmly at her as she was removing it, she noticed that he was grasping all te courage he could find within himself which made her like him only even more.
"Would you like to dance?" He asked her.
"I'd love to," she answered. Her heart skipped a beat as they walked to the dancefloor together.
"You do?" He asked surprised, "I'm not a good dancer."
"Its just moving around slowly," she said certain that he would just be fine, "it's easy."
She took his right hand and put it on her waist, she layed her left hand on his arm and with the other hand she took his free hand and they moved around, looking into each others eyes.
Her heart was beating so fast. She knew for certain that he had never felt like this before, the feeling was both exhilirating and terrifying, she'd feelings for boys before but that was nothing compared to what she felt for Keith. She got closer to him and layed her head on his chest, he layed his chin on top of her head and she never wanted this moment to be over.. she felt calm and at ease but most importantly she felt safe and adored even if she wasn't quite sure if he would return those strong feelings.
They got lost in the moment, forgetting there were other people except themselves. Right now, in this moment they only had eyes for each other.
That's when he surprised her, he kissed her on her forehead. Her heart was racing in her throat as she smiled, she could feel her cheeks heat up. The butterflies in her stomach seemed to multiply as she felt like she was floathing through the clouds.
Their evening went great, they continued dancing untill Hunk screamed: "I SHIP IT!"
That scared them off and not much later she decided that the heels were hurting too much and she left for bed. She wasn't sure how he felt and so she decided to leave before something bad could happen between them.