Chapter 29: They Have A History

"Are you here to ask me more questions about some silly blue lion? Prince Lotor?" Maisey grunted from her spot in the cell. She didn't even look slightly amused.
"No," Lotor said, "I am here to bring you to your own room."
Maisey's jaw dropped, surprised by his answer. The tall man looked into her eyes and she felt somewhat sympathy towards him, maybe he wasn't as bad as he seemed.
He opened her cell and stepped aside so she could get out. She straightend her back and looked up.
He was so much taller than her. She frowned at him.
"Why?" She asked him.
"I thought it would be more pleasant to spend your time here as a guest instead of a prisoner," Lotor answered calmly, "now follow me."
"Why are you still keeping me on your ship if I don't have the answers you're looking for?" She asked him stern.
"I guess I just like your company," Lotor said as he looked over his shoulder and smirked.
"I don't have time for this, I need to find my sister and you are stalling it!" Maisey grunted, folding her arms outraged.
"I have better resources, I am looking for her," Lotor sighed.
"How? You don't even know what she looks like!" Maisey shouted.
"And you do?" He asked, his eyes widened.
"What is that supposed to mean? Of course I know what my sister looks like," Maisey sighed.

Lotor had been giving them intel for a little while now and Maisey had always decided to stay back while the Paladins would talk to him. She just didn't have the courage to face him yet. She didn't know what would happen if she did. They sat in the lounge discussing their next move. Everyone was having trouble getting anything useful from Lotor.
"Allura and I will try to talk to him again," Shiro said.
"Wait," Maisey said before Allura and Shiro left, "I'll go."
"What?" Lance shrieked, "I don't want you in the same room with that piece of quiznaking evil!"
"I've been a lot closer to him before, besides he's behind bars," Maisey sighed, "I'll be fine."
"I think Maisey's right, seeing her might make him.. More cooperative," Shiro said. Maisey nodded and left with Shiro to see Lotor.
"Your intel was right," Shiro said as the two walked in. Lotor was looking at the ground not knowing that it was Maisey just mere inches away from him.
"You still feign surprised," Lotor smirked.
"Why don't you tell us what you gain from this alliance that you want to make with voltron?" Maisey asked and the arrogance on the prince's face disappeared, with widened eyes he looked up to meet with her eyes. But hers were cold and hateful just like when they first met.
"Maisey?" He asked surprised, "you're a paladin of voltron?"
"Yes," she sneered, "now, please, explain what it is that you want. You've lied before about who you are, you are the prince of the Galra, yet you never seemed to care enough to mention that before, you know, when I told you that my sister was captured by them."
"I'm... sorry," he murmered.
Maisey was surprised when he apologized, but she wasn't so easily swooned by the attractive prince like she was in the past.
"Shiro, could you leave us?" Maisey asked, "I think we have some catching up to do.."
"What? Are you sure?" Shiro asked her worried.
"I'll be fine," she said determined. She had to deal with him.
Shiro nodded and left.

"Princess, there is an incoming call from Keith," Coran said.
"Answer it," Allura said and Keith's face popped up on the screen.
"Hey guys, I heard you've been getting intel from Lotor, how has that been working out?" He asked as he looked around the room, "wait, where's Maisey?"
"With Shiro talking to Lotor," Hunk replied.
"Hi Keith," Shiro said as he walked on the bridge.
"Alone talking to.. Lotor," Hunk said but frowned when he thought about what he said.
"You left her alone with him?!" Keith asked furious.
"She asked me to," Shiro shrugged, "she might just give him that little push we need to gain answers."
"Yeah, maybe kissing him would help," Pidge smirked, Keith's eyes widened angered.
"WhY dOn't YoU kIsS hIm?! LEts seE If thAt hElPs!" Keith asked with a crack in his voice.
"Oh, somebody's jealous," Hunk joked.
"I'm not!" Keith grunted as his face was almost red with anger.
"Listen, she just went there to catch him off guard," Lance said, "you don't have to worry about them being smoochy smoochy, if anyone loaths him it's her."
"Why would I worry about that?" Keith said with awkward laughter.
"We saw you two kiss, genius," Pidge sighed and Keith's face turned red.
"Ugh," Maisey grunted as she walked in, "he thinks he's so smart, if I weren't so freaking tiny I would've smacked that grin off his face!"
"Told you so," Lance chuckled at Keith. That's when she realised Keith was on the screen.
"Oh.. Hi Keith," she said with an awkward smile.
He smiled back at her.
"So, what happened back there?" Lance asked.
"He started talking about how he went on a search for me in the universe, how he hoped to find me and help me with my search for my sister! How he saw the footage of her being blown to pieces, but not believing she died! I saw that footage and he keeps claiming I didn't see all of it.. that's just probably his way of rubbing in the fact that she's dead and never coming back." Maisey screamed out. She left the room being too busy with her own anger.
Keith grunted as he glanced down, angry with himself. She was struggling and he couldn't help.
"What got you so upset?" Lance asked.
"I.. I'm here.. so I can't be there... for her," he said and she squeezed his eyes shut as rage filled him inside.
"She'll understand," Lance said and he went after Maisey.

She hadn't realised that he had been standing in her door opening for a while now, just looking at her. She was so stuck in her own thoughts as she glanced through her window into space. She was in pain, emotional pain, it was written all over her face and he knew keeping her here was selfish but this girl made him feel something he hadn't had before. She was special, he could tell that, she had a very strong spirit and a very powerful personality. He was considering to train her and make her one of his generals, but she would probably take that oppertunity to run and go on with her search. And he just couldn't lose her yet, he wasn't ready to.
"How long have you been standing there?" Acxa asked, causing the arrogant prince to jolt and blush as Maisey looked to the dooropening.
"Just.. now," he answered, "dinner is ready, Maisey."
She shrugged. "Not hungry," she sighed and turned her glance back to the window.
He looked over his shoulder, Acxa raised a brow in confusion.
"What?" Lotor said.
"Nothing sir," she said.
"If you change your mind, you know where to find me," Lotor sighed and he left the room, "what is it Acxa?"
"I have noticed that girl has been distracting you from our mission sir," Acxa said, "wouldn't it be best if we, ditched her? She's out of use anyway."
"I will not do such a thing!" Lotor said, "anything else?"
"Aren't you afraid she's going to take off now? Now that you let her walk alone?" Acxa asked.
"She knows she can't," Lotor said, "now just leave Maisey to me, I will protect her."
"From what?"
"My father and his empire," Lotor said stern.

Zarkon had made them a one time offer, Sam Holt for Lotor, and now the team was discussing what they should do next.
And they decided to do it, Maisey being the final one to vote, she'd voted for Sam. The look in Lotor's eyes when she made her vote was devastating, it did sting in her heart for a moment, but she understood what Pidge was going through so of course she would help her get her family back, no matter what the cost was.
The deal ended up in a bloodbath, Zarkon tried to dubbel-cross the paladins by sending a hologram version of Sam Holt. But Shiro was smarter than that, he had given Lotor the Black Bayard, which he used to kill Zarkon with, once and for all. They managed to save Sam and all was well, luckily.

"Sorry," she said when she saw Lotor that night.
The handsome man turned around as he looked rather surprised, she stood there, with her arms folded.
"For what?" He asked her calmly.
"Turning you in," she said, "voting to get rid of you."
"Ah," he said, "Well, it did work. We won."
"You won," she said, "you were the one to end him once and for all. Maybe this alliance could work."
"I do think so," Lotor said full of excitement as he grabbed her hands, "together we will bring peace to the universe once and for all. You, me, Voltron and the coalition that we can build."
She looked at his big hands, covering all of her tiny, little hands and frowned.
"You and me?" She questioned rather cold. Her thoughts lingering to Keith.
"Yes, Maisey, I'd follow you through the universe," he said and she took her hands back. She didn't want to do what she was about to do, but she had to tell the truth.
"I like someone else," she said, his smile dissappeard, "I'm sorry."
He stood there, speachless as he watched her leave. Her heart already belonged to Keith.

Ugh, guys, its been a year since voltron season 8 was released and here I am writing a Maisey/Lotor romance, while crying over the fact it's been a year, Haha. Lotor and Maisey, ship or skip? Let me know what you think so far!
I'll update soon!