Chapter 63: The Proposal

Credit to bravepaladins for the original Keith/Romelle edit

"So, today is the day," Lance said.
"Yes," Avrigg said nervous, "I am so nervous, what if she says no?"
"That won't happen," Maisey said as she puts down their drinks, "that sweetheart punched Nina in the face and left to eat a fruitpie afterwards like nothing happened, because she loves you."
Avrigg smiled upon the memory, it was true dat Avrigg and Romelle might have been together for only just a year, but their love was real, and Avrigg couldn't deny the fact that she wanted to spend the rest of her life with Romelle. Maisey was proud of her sister, she used to be so scared of love, of revealing so much about herself because before she was never accepted except for only a few people; Maisey, their mother, Adam, Shiro, Lance and his family. The rest of the world had always seen her as the weird kid. And now here she was, planning on proposing to Romelle.
"Speaking of Nina," Lance said as he took a sip of his drink, "what happened to her?"
"She got reported and then she was fired," Avrigg said satisfied, "Shiro gave her a ship to get back to earth and he kindly requested to never see her face again."
"Ah," Lance said, "why did you like her again? She sounds like a seagull."
"Seagull?" The sisters asked in unison.
"Yes, annoying and after everything you have," he shrugged. Altough there was truth to that description Maisey shrugged it off.
"Anyway," Maisey said, "why did you need us again?"
"One of you will serve the food and the other will cook," Avrigg said as she quirked a brow, "please."
"Do you see 'Hunk' written on my forhead?" Lance asked her as he pointed at his head. Maisey narrowed her eyes before she decided to ignore that comment.
"Shouldn't you do something more special then having dinner in the backyard?" Maisey asked her sister.
"Worked for you and Keith," Lance said but only received an annoyed glance from Maisey.
"He did not propose to me," she said, "it was just our first date."
"Yes, and the thought of you two doing the dirty still gives me oogies," Lance shrugged.
"Then don't think of it," she spat out and Lance rolled his eyes.
"What are you suggesting I do? I am not good at the romantic things, you know I never watched romantic comedy's!" Avrigg freaked out.
"Calm down," Maisey said, "I know exactly what to do, leave this up to me."

"Oh wow!" Romelle said as she walked inside, "you have such a lovely small house!"
"Eh.. thanks?" Avrigg said, Maisey could see the nerves on her face from the kitchen.
"Romelle!" Maisey said excited as she strudded out of the kitchen, before Avrigg could ruin the plan with her nerves. Romelle jumped up and down in excitement as she hugged Maisey tightly, it was after all several months since they last saw each other.
"How have you been?" Romelle asked, her lilac irises twinkling in the light.
"Allright," she answered softly, "what about you?"
"Amazing! Well.. it took me a while.. since.. Allura," Romelle stammered, "but I am good now! I've been helping Coran rebuild Altea, he's doing a great job! I just notice that he misses you all a lot... I sometimes hear him, wandering around in the night, talking to stars about how much he wished he could go back to the start..."
"The start?" Maisey asked worried about her friend, she knew it wouldn't be easy on him and she wanted to visit him more regularly, but she had her hands full on Lance and herself, and now with the proposal, she hadn't gotten to help Coran yet and it made her feel so guilty.. she should be there with him.
"The start of what?" She asked trying not to break down in tears.
"The start of voltron," she said, "all he talks about is how he wants to go back to the time when voltron's biggest worries were escaping Sendak with a snake formed voltron and how you discussed over staying or leaving, how he wants to go back to the time Allura tested the team and you all ran onto the bridge still in sleep modes, how he wants to see you stand there, surprised you were helding your pillow in your arms... he wants to go back to the moment he first met all of you.."
She remembered how Hunk was trying to convince them to leave Arus when Sendak came to attack, how he was so determined on forming a snake, she remembered how Allura called them out of their beds and how she almost fell asleep on Keith's shoulder in the process. Her only purpose back then was to find her sister, her last family member.. little did she know she found a new family there..
After Avrigg's proposal she'd go to Altea and support her friend for a while.. he clearly needed it more then ever and Coran meant so much to her.
"Maisey, I know that you feel guilty right now for not being there for him," Avrigg said, "but you had to take care of yourself and you were also taking care of Lance.. he will not blame you."
"I know he won't," Maisey said, "but I blame myself.. he is my friend and I love him and I wasn't there for him.."
"You can not be there for everyone all the time Maisey," Romelle said as Avrigg layed a hand on her girlfriends shoulder.
"I can try," she said, "I have to.."
"Enough," Lance said from the couch, he clenched his jaw, clearly trying to fight his sadness, "we can deal, with this later... right now let's have dinner together and be happy.. not sad... Allura wouldn't want us to be sad."
Maisey sighed, he was right.

Maisey and Lance had prepared dinner together whilst Romelle and Avrigg were sitting in the backyard, enjoying the sunny day. The sun was slowly setting, leaving a pink and purple hue over the sky. It was the perfect setting for Avrigg's proposal. To Romelle the entire dinner seemed like a normal gathering of friends, family.. she did nit notice the glances between Lance, Maisey and Avrigg as she was talking about all kinds of things.
Maisey had put her empty glass down and stood up, ready to put on the song. With a smirk upon her face she started playing 'a thousand years' by Christina Perri and sat back down on her chair.
Lance lifted his wrist so he could check the time on his watch.
"Almost time," he whispered through his teeth, Maisey nodded as she glanced at Avrigg, giving her the signal to start.
"May I have this dance?" She asked Romelle gentle.
Romelle's smile widened as she took Avrigg's hand eagerly, Maisey and Lance slowly got up and walked inside.
Almost stumbling over one another they made it to the window, she opened it softly so they could listen.
Romelle stood on her toes so she could rest her head on Avrigg's shoulder, who was bending down already. It made her realize how tall her sister actually was, Maisey was a dwarf compared to her sister, but it wasn't exactly the time to think about that.
"I love you," Avrigg said, "so much."
"I love you too," Romelle said as she kissed Avrigg on her cheek.
Maisey could see all her nerves leave the moment Romelle kissed her, she seemed confident for the first time in her life and Maisey couldn't have been more proud to witness this day.
"Come, fruit pie," Avrigg said as she softly turned Romelle around to look at the sky, "take a look at the plane."
"What's it doing?" Romelle questioned, "is it.. making words? In the clouds?"
"Film it you dimbo!" Lance whispered loud in her ears.
"Oh, yeah right!" Maisey said as she got her phone as fast as she could and began to record.
Avrigg took a few steps backwards as Romelle was trying to figure out what words were being made in the clouds.
"Turn around Romelle?" She questioned confused, "how do they even-."
The moment Romelle turned around Avrigg was down on one knee, holding up a small box. Romelle clasped her hands over her mouth as her eyes widened. Avrigg took a deep breath before she finally spoke.
"Romelle," Avrigg said, "I have always doubted in my life that I would ever be able to love someone as much as I love you, and I never could've imagined that someone like you, would love me back. I have lived my life with uncertainty and discourage, but right now I am standing here, holding up my mothers ring to the woman I love, because I have to ask her a question."
"You ask away," Romelle cried out with a squeeky, emotional voice.
"Romelle, my fruit pie, my love, my girlfriend, the love of my life, so many ways I can nickname you," Avrigg said with a smile upon her face, eyes glinstering as she looked upon the woman she loved, "but I'd like to call you my wife.. so, will you marry me?"
"YES!" Romelle screamed out as she lunged herself at Avrigg, tackeling her to the ground in the process.. Romelle left small kisses all over her face as Avrigg couldn't stop smiling, holding onto Romelle tightly.
"O MY GOD!" Maisey and Lance screamed as they jumped into each other trying to hug one another.
They ran outside to the engaged couple who still layed down in the grass.
"You are getting married!" Maisey shouted as she hugged them both tightly, "I have to call Keith, to tell him! Oh and Hunk! And Coran! And Krolia! And SHIRO!"
"Maisey, breathe!" Lance said, "and what about Pidge? Are we gonna leave her in the dark with all of this?"
"Who do you think set it all up, genius?" Pidge asked as she walked through the back door, with a smirk upon her face.
"Well, Maisey, you just helped apparently," Lance shrugged.
"Good to see you too Lance," Pidge shrugged, "I guess I owe Hunk some money then."
"Why?" Maisey asked her confused.
"We had a bet on which couple would marry first," Pidge said, "Hunk had his bets on Romelle and Avrigg and I had it on you and Keith."
"Me and Keith? As flattered as he would be I am afraid that I am way out of his league," Lance joked, she was glad he was slowly returning to his old, goofy self.. she missed him.
"Anyway, I am going to congratulate the happy couple before I could imagine Keith and Lance together," Pidge said as she walked towards Avrigg and Romelle who were happily jumping around.
"I missed this," Maisey said as she wrapped an arm around Lance's waist and he put his arm around her shoulder.
"What?" He asked her softly.
"Happiness."

After a month I am back, yesss..
sooo what do you think will happen next?
Did you like this chapter?
Let me know in the comments!
How's school for you guys? Do you have to be online or can you go to class from time to time?
I personally have regular classes at school on monday's and tuesday's and online for the rest of the week, but I can tell you that this is my second week back at school and I am already longing for a break... not because I need it but because I just want a break 😂😂 makes a lot of sense.
Anyway, I hope you're all safe and healthy and I will update as soon as I can