Chapter 49: Launch Date

I want to give credit to the Daughter of Light for Keith in this pic, I used that beautiful piece of art as a reference (I thought I had done so since I usually do in other chapters in which other people's art have been references but clearly I hadn't done it this time, I apologise)

"Have you seen that voltron show?" Avrigg asked.  Several months had passed and earth had been rebuilding, and while they were doing so they created a voltron show.. and none of it was even close to the truth but everyone was loving it, everyone except the Paladins.
"Yes, it sucks," Maisey said, just thinking about it made her cringe.
"Because they paired you up with Shiro?" Avrigg smirked as Maisey rolled her eyes. They had indeed created a romantic relationship between Shiro and Maisey in the show and some people were actually asking her if she was planning on getting romantically involved with Shiro, the people who didn't know she's involved with Keith.
"It doesn't make any sense, Pidge is a guy, I get a relationship with Shiro, they're hinting at a romance between Keith and Allura and let's not forget that Allura does not even look like Allura, Keith is smiling the whole time, I just think if he would actually do that in real life his face would eventually hurt and you are the evil, girlfriend helper of Lotor," Maisey shrugged as she sat down in the cafetaria with Avrigg, "let's not forget the biggest mistake.. Coran is serious in that show. Like is that even possible?"
"It's insane," Avrigg said, "people are actually.. what did they call it? Oh, shipping it."
"What?"
"I'm not kidding, people are loving the Allura and Keith ship, they call it Kallura, and they're loving the Maisey and Shiro ship," Avrigg said, "it's Mairo."
"That sounds horrible, please stop," Maisey said, "they made you straight and evil, aren't you upset about that?"
"I don't think many people know that I'm not," Avrigg shrugged, "it's not like I run around screaming 'I only like girls' and besides I will probably die alone."
"You are joking right?" Maisey asked, "I know you're crushing on Romelle and if you don't ask her out I will make sure that you die alone by nightfall."
"Ah, the loving and supportive words of my little sister," Avrigg smiled, "Romelle deserves someone better than me."
"You're gonna ask her out, we are launching tomorrow and you are gonna make her love you," Maisey said, "she deserves someone like you Avrigg, don't ever tell yourself otherwise.. now that's what I ship... Avelle."
"Why did you feel the need to do that?" Avrigg asked as Maisey smirked and pulled her sister with her.
"We are going to the briefing and after that you are going to ask her out," Maisey said.
"We were supposed to have lunch before the briefing," Avrigg said as Maisey got up again.
"Yes, before I realised we're late," Maisey chuckled, "and as a paladin I should set the example."
"And yet you don't," Avrigg chuckled as the sisters left.

"Everyone, welcome to our final briefing here on earth," Shiro said, "it's been several months since we began to rebuild and tomorrow we launch and continue our liberation efforts across all planets still under Galra rule. Commander Holt, what's the latest from your team?"
"We've confirmed that there's still no Galra activity within several galaxies of the milky way, it appears earth was Sendak's only target," Sam said.
"Where are we with Earth's defenses?" Shiro asked Keith.
"I've finished my check-in with all the Garrison facilities around the globe, all defenses are up and running," Keith answered, "earth has everything in place to keep itself safe."
"Great," Shiro said as he turned to Veronica, "and Atlas preparations?"
"Repairs to the IGF-Atlas were finished last week," Veronica said, "and it has passed every test protocol we've put it through."
"Any updates on the Altean pilot?" Shiro asked Allura. After the Garrison had gotten the pieces of the robeast together they discovered that the power source was an Altean that Romelle knew from the colony. Allura and Romelle had been in the med-bay ever since.
"Still unresponsive," Allura answered, "but she can wake any day now. Perhaps if we had a little more time we could find out who send her."
"No," Maisey said, "we have more important things to do then wait for her to wake up."
"Maisey's right," Keith said, "there is no way to tell when she will or will not maintain conciousness, we can't wait any longer. We need to get back out there and end the war before the Galra can reorganize."
"Keith's right, we'll be in constant communication with earth. When the Altean wakes up, we'll know," Shiro said, "I have one more item to discuss. It's our last night on earth and we've got a lot of hard work ahead of us. We may not be back home for years. So I'm ordering you, to take some time for yourselves. Be with the ones you love. You've earned it."
"I like that order," Maisey said and Shiro chuckled at her comment the she turned around to face Avrigg, who was scared for her little sister for the first time because Maisey was determined to pair Avrigg up with Romelle.