Chapter 42: The Ruins

"Everybody up!" Keith shouted.
"No," Hunk groaned.
"I only got ninety nine percent on the test? But I did all the extra credit," Pidge said in her sleep before she woke up, "Aaah! What a nightmare."
"What's the point? We're just floating around in space," Lance grunted, "there is no day or night here."
"I have to agree with Lance, we should sleep for at least fifteen more doboshes," Allura said.
Maisey however continued sleeping. Sleeping gave her a great feeling and now that she had time to sleep, she was going to sleep like she'd never slept before.
"Guys, we can't let this long journey make us soft or dull our skills," Keith said, "routine will keep us sharp."
"Maisey must be loving him being leader-like right now," Lance joked.
"I'm really not," she yawned as she turned around to continue sleeping.
"Keith is right," Shiro said, " routine is what got me through being Zarkon's prisoner and what got me through being in the infinite void of the black lion."
"I'm in for some infinite void if that means all of these people will shut up and let me sleep," Maisey mumbled to herself as she burried her face in her pillow.
"I guess that does make you an expert at killing time," Lance said.
"Okay everyone to your stations, running battle sequence now," Keith said.
"Can't we just have breakfast first?" Hunk asked.
Everyone got dressed into their suits of armour, except Maisey because she had stubbornly fallen back asleep. Avrigg didn't notice that yet, since she was in the cockpit thinking Maisey was getting ready. But Maisey was already dreaming about having a slice of pizza. She missed pizza.
"I programmed a new battle simulation," Krolia said, "I think it's going to be especially challenging."
"Why do you sound happy about it?" Hunk asked.
"Like mother like son," Lance sighed.
"Focus," Keith said.
"Hey, is it just me or haven't we heard from Maisey in a while?" Pidge asked.
"Yes, she's been awfully quiet," Allura said, "Avrigg, isn't she ready yet?"
"You guys are all ready?" Avrigg asked confused.
"Yeah, we are all suited up and ready to do Krolia's killer simulation," Lance answered.
Avrigg grunted annoyed, causing the others to raise a brow.
"Is something wrong?" Shiro asked. However, Avrigg did not respond to Shiro.
"Get up, you lazy child!" Avrigg shouted, "your team is waiting for you."
They heard Maisey grunt annoyed.
"Is she still asleep?" Keith asked.
"I guess she's done with your leader-like traits Keith," Lance laughed.
"Leave me alone, I'm sleeping! You sleepkiller!" Maisey shouted.
"I will drag you over my shoulder to the cockpit if you don't get there yourself," Avrigg shouted at Maisey. Everyone was silently listening to the two sisters.
"I missed these times," Lance said while he was laughing.
"This happened before?" Allura asked.
"Oh, yes," Lance said, "before we went to the Garrison Avrigg had to drag her out of bed, everyday."
"Put me down!" Maisey shouted, "the blood is going to rush to my head and it will kill me, do you really want to kill your own sister?"
"I'm about to!" Avrigg said as a loud bang sounded.
"You didn't have to throw me into this chair!" Maisey grunted.
"I wouldn't have to if you just walked here yourself," Avrigg said.
"Oh, will you stop being such a know-it-all, it's getting annoying," Maisey said and Avrigg wanted to speak but Maisey cut her off, "no, no, I have paladin stuff to do."
Avrigg grunted, getting extremely annoyed with her stubborn, little sister.
"Are you done?" Keith asked, "couldn't you just get up when I asked you to?"
"Do you really not know me?" Maisey scoffed, "Sorry."
"It's fine, I really enjoyed it," Lance said.
"It's okay, but next time just go along," Keith said.
"Aye captain," Maisey said. Next time she'd  shut the shared communications off.
"Here is the scenario," Krolia said, ignoring everything that just happened, "you are on a planet with double gravity, dense vulcanic fog and eight blovar raptors are attacking. What do you do?"
Maisey rubbed her eyes as the simulation appeard infront of her. She was too tired for this.
"What. Do. You. Do?" Avrigg asked like the teacher she used to be. But Maisey was never scared of her like all her other students, she wasn't even slightly impressed by it.
"I don't know," Maisey grunted, "go back to bed? Turn around and wait to die?"
Avrigg groaned as the simulation continued.
"Do these Raptors have eggs?" Hunk asked, "I say we steal some and make a little breakfast."
Hunk screamed as a Raptors jumped onto his lion.
"A Raptor just melted your face off Hunk, now it's eight on five," Krolia said.
"That's fine by me, I'm eating," Hunk sighed as he got up.
"I can't believe Hunk got cut before me," Maisey said with a smile on her face.
The vulcano then exploded underneath her. She was out.
"The vulcano just destroyed you Maisey, now there's only four," Krolia said.
Maisey could feel Avrigg glaring at her for not taking this seriously.
"I don't even care right now," Maisey told Avrigg, "I'm going back to bed!"
"No, you're not," Avrigg said as she took her braid and pulled her back, "put on your suit."
"Fine," Maisey grunted as she actually went to get ready.