Chapter 18: Plans Against Evil

Everyone had a different mission, Keith and Hunk went to the Weblum to collect Scaultrite, Allura left to get a crystal from the Balmera, Coran was helping the Olkari build the Teludav that they'd need to fight Zarkon and Maisey, Shiro, Lance and Pidge had to break out a genius from a Galran Prison. She just wished that the genius was as smart as the Blades claimed he was.
Once they had arrived at the prison they soon learned that there were two cels and since nobody knew what Slav looked like it they'd have to save both prisoners.
"Dibs on the closer one!" Lance called, which caused Pidge to give him a slightly irritated look, "what? My legs are tired."
"Allright, Maisey you come with me," Shiro said as they'd go to the furthest prison cell.
"Why couldn't I just go with Hunk and Keith into a weblum?" Maisey sighed.
"Why would you want that?" Lance asked her suspicious. He had been acting like that everytime she'd mention Keith.
"I just want to be able to say 'I've been in a giant space monster's stomach' I'd like to see the look on people's faces when I say that," Maisey replied, not wanting to admit that she wanted to spend time with Keith because that was really the reason she wanted to be on their mission.
"You can still say it," Pidge said, "it just won't be true." Maisey frowned as she looked at the green paladin.
"Guys, we don't have time for this," Shiro said stern signaling for them to move on with the mission. Maisey followed Shiro, Pidge went into the controlroom and Lance went with Maisey and Shiro before they'd have to part ways as well.
"How are we gonna fight them?" Lance asked as the three looked around the corner at the sentries who were guarding the entrance.
"We could-." Maisey began, but got interrupted by Shiro got up and started smashing the sentries into pieces.
Lance and Maisey just stared at Shiro quite surprised as he signaled for them to follow him.
"Yeah, great teamwork on that one," Lance joked.
"Allright, Lance go right, Maisey and Shiro go left," Pidge said through the communicator.
They did as they were told and followed the route Pidge gave them and it led them to the prison door. It was a bug door of thick steel, no way that Shiro's robot arm could punch a hole through that.
"Pidge, can you open the door please?" Maisey asked politely.
"It won't work," Pidge grunted as she was trying to get the door open.
"What do you mean?" Shiro asked.
"I can't get acces to it from here," she answered.
"I have an idea," Maisey walked towards the door and placed her hands on it, "alohomora!"
"We don't have time for jokes Maisey!" Shiro grunted and Maisey offered him an apology smile.
"That guy here scanned his face," Lance said.
"You have to make a scan of his face, Shiro and Maisey you'll have to wait until I get the scan," Pidge said.
"Copy that," all three said in unison.
"I've send you a 3D scan!" Pidge said after a little while.
They used the scan as soon as they received it and managed to get the prison door open. When they entered the cel they someone hiding behind their bed.
"Are you Slav?" Maisey asked him.
"Are you here to torture me?" He asked, he had a strange accent and seemed rather scared.
"No, we're the Paladins of voltron," Shiro answered calmly, "we're here to rescue you!"
"Oh no! That's even worse!" He cried out devastated, "there is a three hundred percent change that I die in one hundred and fifty different realities! And your changes are even worse!"
Maisey and Shiro shared a confused look before they returned their glance back to Slav.
"We are... Wait what?" Maisey questioned. She didn't understand this guy.
"We've found Slav," Shiro and Lance said in unison.
"Wait what?" Pidge asked.
"We've found Slav!" Shiro said.
"No, I've found Slav!" Lance said, "hey be honest, are you really Slav?"
"Yup," Lance's Slav said calmly.
"You'll just have to take them both!" Pidge said.
"Allright, lead the way," Lance said, but Pidge however did not respond anymore.
After a while of calling out to Pidge, they gave up. Pidge wasn't going to respond.
"Looks like we're on our own," Shiro said.
"Come on, we've got to hurry," Maisey said.
"No thanks!" Slav said.
"What? We are finally going to stop Zarkon!" Shiro said, "we've got the Blade of Marmora and the Olkari on our side, I can get you hooked up to the blue lions frequency-."
"Oh, the blue lion!" Slav said, "why didn't you say so? Blue light has a frequency of six hundred six to six hundred and eight terahertz!"
"Is that gonna jam their scanners or something?" Maisey questioned.
"No, that's just my lucky range of terahertz!" Slav jumped off the bed, "let's go!"
They were ready to leave untill they had realised that Slav wasn't following them. He was talking to himself while making his bed. Why was he doing this?
"Come on!" Shiro shouted. However it made Slav jump and his blanket wasn't in the position he wanted it in.
"Oh, now I have to start over!" Slav said, much to Shiro's and Maisey's displeasure.
Slav made his bed again, and stared at it for a while.
"Allright! Now there is a two percent change this mission won't result into a deadly, horrific end!" Slav said.
"That sounds promising," Maisey sighed as they left.
"AH LET'S GO BACK!" Slav cried out as soon as he made it to the doorstep.
"What? Why?" Shiro asked.
"That puddle!" Slav cried, "I could slip and there are realities in which I could drown because I did not learn how to swim!"
"Well, what about this reality? Did you learn how to swim in this one?" Shiro asked, Maisey was admiring the fact that he was so calm. She already wanted to pull out her own hair in frustration because of Slav.
"I don't know! The possibilities are infinite!" Slav cried out dramatic.
"IT'S JUST A TINY PUDDLE!" Shiro shouted outraged, causing Maisey to look rather shocked, she didn't blame him this Slav was annoying on a whole other level.
"I can already feel myself not being able to breathe!" Slav said rather overdramatic, "my lungs are filling with water,"

Shiro ended up carrying Slav, which he was not pleased with. But at least Slav stopped acting like Slav for a moment.
"That must be good having one of those mechanic robot arms," Slav said, "but doesn't it bother you that you only have one? AAAAHH!"
Slav jumped out of his arms and hid.
"What?!" Maisey shouted frustrated by Slav.
"Look at those cracks!" Slav said.
"I was carrying you!" Shiro shouted.
"Oh, I guess no one cares about their mother's backs anymore," Slav said.
"Wait, you know that nursery rhyme?" Shiro asked flabbergasted.
"Nursery rhyme?" Slav asked offended, "I am talking about quantum realities here! Cracks initiate space-time temporal fissures, which mathematically makes higher probilities for alternate realities, in which your mother has a broken back."
Maisey banged her head against the wall. She really wished she was on that Weblum mission.
"I should've just gone with Lance," she whispered to herself even that would have been better, maybe the other Slav was more normal.
"Is there a different route we can take? One without cracks?" Shiro asked.
"Well, there is the vexater, but you can hear the water dripping in there," Slav said.
"And you're worried about drowning," Maisey sighed exhausted of this Slav guy.
"She's getting it!" Slav told Shiro like he was supposed to understand his logic.
"Pidge, are you there?" Shiro asked, "can you find us an alternate route?"
"Hold on a sec," Pidge answered,
As they were waiting for Pidge's response, Slav was staring at the cracks as if he was about to drop dead.
"What if I cover your eyes and carry you across?" Shiro asked.
"I'll know," Slav answered.
"Let's just give it a try," Shiro said trying to take Slav.
But Slav screamed bloody murder and a sentrie came, which Shiro immediatly destroyed as soon as it came.
"NO SCREAMING!" Shiro grunted at Slav outraged pointing a finger at him as he was trying his very best to remain calm.
"I was screaming?" Slav asked scared.
"You better be as smart as the Blades claim you are," Maisey grunted, "or else I will get really, really angry."

"We have to go!" Shiro said while trying to get Slav, who was dodging Shiro's attempts to grab him, "my friends are in trouble, we have to go now! We are walking over those cracks!"
"What if we turned the gravity off and float over them instead, that will work," Slav said, "I've done the numbers."
"Pidge can you turn the gravity off?" Shiro asked.
"Oh that's genius!" Pidge said, "the sentries won't be able to manoeuver but we'll have our jetpacks!"
And so they finally floathed over the cracks, to only float in on floating sentries. Shiro used his robotic arm to destroy the sentries and they continued.
"That robot arm is fantastic, now imagine if you had two," Slav said as he held onto Shiro's head, "our changes of survival would raise with three hundred percent!"
They walked into the hanger in which they had to fight the warden, who somehow managed to grow five times.
There was no way they could defeat the warden, luckily Slav had opened the gates and they flew out into space, but the warden got to Slav, who was screaming like a little baby.
Lance took the shot and freed Slav.
"Great job Lance!" Maisey said before Slav got blasted in her face, and she blasted into Pidge again.
"That's why we bring our sharpshooter," Shiro said as he patted him on his shoulder.
"Yup," Lance said proudly.
They got into the blue lion and flew back to the Castle of lions.

Allright, so here's the next chapter. I hope you liked it! I want to post the next chapter this week as well.