Chapter 13: Greening The Cube

After their encounter with another robeast from Zarkon the Castle had some damage and so all the Paladins had to help with some simple repairs. Even though Maisey wasn't qualified to fix the Castle she still followed after the other Paladins.
"Let's hurry up with these repairs," Shiro said as they were all hovering over a panel, "Zarkon could be here at any moment."
"Okay, panel's off," Hunk said and frowned, "now, what?"
"Very simple," Coran said, "just loosen the blaxums on the somoflange."
"Could you be more specific?" Hunk asked Coran.
"Sorry, Hunk, he means the poklones on the agroclams," Allura said not making it any more clear.
"No, that doesn't help," Hunk said confused.
"Easy, Hunk. I got this," Lance said as he pressed several buttons on the panel, but the entire panel colored red and started to make an irritating noice, "uh-oh. That can't be good."
"No, not the smalters, the poklones!" Allura shouted
"No, no! It's the blaxums!" Coran disagreed. Maisey frowned confused.
"What are you talking about?" Keith asked the two Alteans. Pidge quickly pushed Lance aside and pressed several buttons.
"There," Pidge said, "fixed."
"Well done, Pidge!" Allura said.
"Honestly, this Castle would blow us all up at some point if we didn't have you," Maisey told Pidge and she smirked.
"You're probably right," Pidge grinned, "the tech on this ship never ceases to amaze me. It's so mathematically elegant. Its fit is a 100 times more frictionless than any exoskeleton we have on Earth. It's beautiful."
"It's not a sunset, Pidge," Lance said as he folded his arms.
"You're right. A billion sunsets just happen every day. Some genius engineer actually built this," Pidge said as she admired the Castle.
"Sunsets are beautiful," Maisey said, "all of those beautiful colors in the sky."
"What about sunrise?" Keith asked Maisey.
"Oh no," Maisey said, "way too early."
"What the?" Shiro questioned out loud as he got hit by something that looked a lot like a snowball, "all right, we're prepared for this. Remember your rogue projectile cluster training from the Garrison. First, we need a temporary shelter."
Maisey indeed remembered those trainings. She didn't like them, but she had seen Lance grasping one of the snowballs and preparing to throw it. She smirked as she got one herself. Lance threw the ball and accidently hit Shiro instead of Keith who he was aiming for. Shiro turned around rather confused.
"Wha? Oh, sorry, Shiro. I was trying to hit Keith," Lance said and got struck in the face by Keith.
"Like that?" Keith smirked and Lance grunted.
"No, more like this!" Maisey said as she threw her snowball but it didn't even get close to Keith or Shiro. Maisey facepalmed embarrassed as Keith bursted out in laughter.
"That wasn't even close!" Keith laughed but got hit in the face by another snowball that Maisey had thrown.
"Was that close enough, Pretty Boy?" Maisey asked and Keith grunted as he grabbed another snowball and aimed for Maisey.
"Yes! Squishy asteroid fight!" Hunk shouted excited as he joined in and threw another snowball at Keith.
"All right, guys," Shiro laughed, "oh, oh! Okay, now, it's on!"
Everyone except Pidge got into the snowball fight, it wasn't exactly a fair fight since it was Maisey, Hunk and Lance versus Keith and Shiro but then again most of the snowballs Maisey threw didn't even hit anyone and she actually ended up throwing one on the back of Lance's head because he was infront of her.
"Oh, sorry," Maisey said as Lance sighed.
"You're on my team!" Lance said.
"It wasn't my intention," Maisey said and smirked, "you just have a big head."
"No! You have a terrible aim!" Lance said annoyed.
"I agree with her on that one," Keith said and smirked, "you have a very large head Lance."
"Shut up, Keith!" Lance shouted as Maisey and Keith just laughed, "sure, team up!"
"I don't think these are asteroids," Pidge said as she studied the snowballs, "Coran, I'm going to need a containment unit."
"Just a tick," Coran said as he send a containment unit to Pidge.
"They appear to be some sort of hyper-resilient spore," Allura said once they recieved the containment unit back with the snowball inside it.
"This bio-luminescent pulsing doesn't seem natural," Pidge said, "it appears programmed, I think it's a code."
"A code? From who?" Hunk asked.
"I don't know. I mean, it makes no sense," Pidge said, "you can't program a spore."
"If anyone can figure it out, it's you, Pidge," Shiro said and he grunted when Maisey hit him with another snowball.
"Before that, everyone needs to come in for decontamination," Allura said.
During the decontamination they were entire cleaned and cleared of anything dangerous, at the end they were being blowdried but Pidge lost her balance because of the blowdrying and stumbled into Maisey who also fell because of Pidge. The two girls bursted out into laughter as the guys were confused about what had happened, not having payed any form of attention to them.