Chapter 33: Bloodlines

"This is very strange," Maisey stated as the flew towards the Galra headquarters.
"I know right," Hunk said, "it's like going into the beast's belly."
"Well you'd know all about that," Maisey said, "what was it like in that wiblum thingy?"
"Very scary," Hunk said, "some cute acid tried to kill me, and Keith met someone and then they'd betrayed us!"
"He met someone?" She tried to hide her jealousy. She already knew Keith didn't feel about her the way she felt about him, but she hadn't told anyone yet.. she was thinking of talking to Shiro about it, since he knew Keith very well, or maybe Allura, or Lance because he's her best friend or Hunk.. or maybe Pidge.. Perhaps Coran would understand.. she didn't know who to talk to besides... her mom.. but she wasn't around to teach her stuff anymore.. she wasn't around at all. Like always she tried to brush it off and be happy, but the truth was; it hurts.. a lot.
"Yeah, it was no big deal." Hunk said, "hey, do they have some good snacks?"

Once they had arrived Lotor awaited them. It was already quite clear to Maisey that Lotor had quickly taken an intrest in the princess, she didn't blame him, Allura was beautiful and smart and they actually had the same heritage. Both Altean. Maisey and Lotor never made sense to begin with, she wasn't jealous but she was cautious. He had played her once and she didn't want that to happen to her friend. She did dislike their relationship, even if it wasn't serious. She knew Lance liked Allura so of course she rooted for her best friend to end up with the princess.
"Welcome friends," he said, "I hanged this symbol in honor of our unitement, together we will bring peace throughout the universe."
"Bring peace throughout the universe, we will," Lance joked.
"Did you just do that?" Pidge asked with a smirk upon her face.
"Talk like Yoda, he did," Maisey joked and the two friends shared a high five.
"Guys, this is serious," Shiro said, "you have to listen to Lotor."
"Listen to Lotor, we will," Hunk joked, Shiro shot them an angry glare and the four of them had to hold back their laughter as their leader was about to lose it.

"So what? They just leave us here with this robot?" Maisey asked and she huffed a strand of hair out of her face.
"Looks like it," Lance scoffed annoyed, "and Lotor took Allura with him, he thinks he's so great."
Maisey placed her hand on his shoulder and Hunk stared at the sentrie with a smirk upon his face.
"Let's have some fun," Hunk said causing Maisey and Lance to look up to him. They should have some fun.
"What is fun?" The sentrie asked.
"You'll soon find out," Lance smirked.
"Lance, it's a robot, it can't have fun," Pidge explained, "unless I reprogram it."
"Take us to the sentrie repair center!" Hunk said as he threw his helmet in the air and it dropped on some other sentrie.

Keith and Avrigg were on their way to get Krolia. Keith was flying whilst Avrigg looked for the best way to get in and out of the building.
"So, how did you end up in space?" Avrigg asked him.
"I was a paladin of voltron," he answered as he swallowed, he wasn't sure if he should tell her about Maisey.
"You were?"
"Yeah, and then I joined the Blades," Keith explained, "we had one paladin too much, so.. I left."
"Do I know the other Paladins? Anyone I should worry about?" She asked him and Keith's eyes widened.
Only your best friend, your sister and her best friend, he thought to himself.
"Nope," he answered, "not anyone."
"Allright," she chuckled.
"How did you end up with the Blades?" Keith asked.
"My father is Galra, he saved me from Sendak's ship, while the others were taken," Avrigg explained, "I wasn't so pleased with leaving my friends behind, but he left me no choice. Once I learned about this war I decided to join the Blades, so I could protect my mother and sister from it, and rescue my friends from the Galra.. I heard Sam recently got saved.. which is great news.. I made sure Ulaz got to Shiro and a rebel group got Matt.. now that Sam is out I can focus more on protecting Earth, my mother and my sister from this war."
She didn't know her mother died... but he wasn't sure if he should be the one to tell her that..
"Well. Your sister is pretty great," Keith said, that he could tell.
"Yeah, she is," Avrigg chuckled, "but we have to keep focused Kogane, we can do some more smalltalk later.. make a left here."