Chapter 5: Best Friends

"And voltron was victorious!" The king announced as five little Arusians dropped on the ground, "I said; voltron was victorious."
The five Arusians got back up, stacking on top of one another and now the others fell, the Arusians displayed the battle between Voltron and the Robeast in their own way as everyone started cheering.
"You know we should really have a cheer," Hunk suggested.
"Like what?" Maisey asked.
"Oh you know," Lance began, "when I say Vol, you say?"
It remained quiet untill Keith answered with a questioning look on his face: "Vol-tron....?"
"No, no, no, the cheer instructs it," Lance tried again, "when I say vol, you say?"
"Voltron.?" Keith clearly didn't understand it.
"Ah, we'll work on it," Lance said as he took a sip of his drink.
Keith turned to face Maisey, clearly not understanding what he was doing wrong in that cheer.
"It's no big deal," Maisey shrugged.
"Ugh, Coran what is this?" Lance asked Coran after he took a sip from his drink and spat it out all over the floor.
"Ah, it's Nunvil," Coran answered casually.
"It tastes like wet dog and feet," Lance said with a frown upon his face.
"Yes, it's also great for the hair," Coran said as he took some on his fingers to spray it in his mustache, however Lance looked like he could throw up any second now.
"Is it that bad?" Maisey asked confused.
"Taste yourself," Lance offered his Nunvil to her, she took the cup.
"Wait, you're just going to drink from his cup?" Keith asked confused.
"Why not?" Maisey questioned.
"He drank from it already," Keith said confused.
"I grew up with Lance, we even shared a bottle of milk when we were little," Maisey shrugged.
"Yeah, I think my mom has that on camera, everytime I took a sip, I gave the bottle to her and vise versa," Lance chuckled.
Maisey shrugged, to her it was no big deal, she took a sip of the Nunvil and understood what Lance meant. The Nunvil tasted disgusting, bitter and it left a burning like sensation on her tongue, which was very unpleasant.
She coughed it out.
"This is quiznak in a cup," Maisey said, Lance chuckled as he took the cup back, "I'm gonna get some fresh air."
She walked away from the guys to go outside, when she saw Shiro.
"Hey, what are you doing?" She asked him.
"Oh, I am keeping my guard up," Shiro grinned, "I don't like that everyone can just walk in."
"You're probably right," Maisey shrugged.
"You think so?" He asked.
"Sure, you're Shiro, you're probably right most times," she said, it made Shiro smile, "let's just hope you're not right this time."
"Let's hope," he repeated before he turned his glaze to the ground, "I'm sorry we haven't been able to search for your sister."
"That's fine, last time was a dead end anyway," Maisey said, "maybe with time we can pick up some clues."
"You know, Avrigg told me a lot about you, I can't believe I didn't recognize you right away," Shiro said.
"Can you blame yourself? You have been imprisoned and tortured, you've lost most of your memories of it and besides, my sister and I are two very different people, in personality and looks," Maisey said, "she told me a lot about you as well, I wanted to meet you but you were busy breaking records, I did get to meet Adam once or twice."
"You've met Adam?" Shiro's eyes flashed open, the mentioning of his boyfriend appeared to freak him out a little.
"Yeah, he came by for dinner once, I like him a lot he's somewhat kind and straight to the point," Maisey said, "and after the Kerberos mission, we kind of grew closer since we understood the situation we were both in. He misses you a lot."
"I miss him too," Shiro whispered and he glanced down.
Maisey placed a hand on his shoulder for support, the two smiled before Shiro decided to take some fresh air outside. Maisey decided to go back to the boys, but she noticed Lance was missing and she couldn't help but worry for her friend.
"Where is Lance?" She asked Hunk.
"I think he got a little homesick and went up the stairs," Hunk explained.
Maisey nodded and started looking for him right away.
She found him on the bridge with Coran, they just got up ready to leave.
"Hey, Hunk told me you were homesick, are you allright?" She asked as she brushed his arm.
He sighed.
"I just miss Earth, my mom, everything," Lance said, "but I know that I have to do this."
"They'll be proud of you," Maisey said, "I get that you're homesick, we all are, but by ending Zarkon's reign you are protecting them.. you're keeping them safe from this war and that's what matters."
Lance nodded. She hoped that would make him feel a little better at least.
"Come on, let's drink some more of that feet water," Lance said with a goofy smile.
They made their way out untill Rover flew in, a Galra drone that Pidge had hacked.
"Hey Rover," Lance and Maisey said in unison.
Lance walked further, Maisey behind him and Coran infront, until he realised something.
"But where is Pidge?" He questioned out loud, he turned around and realised it was a bomb.
"Maisey, watch out!" Lance screamed and he jumped on top of her.
Before she hit the ground everything went black.