Chapter 51: Dilemma

She was awoken by the buzzing of her phone. The stream of light that came through the small opening of the curtains was blinding her, realizing that she was in her own room made her feel like she had gone back in time for a while, until she saw Keith. He was fast asleep with one arm wrapped around her body, she smiled happily, remembering what had happened the night before.
Maisey found her phone on the ground under the pile of their clothes and saw that Avrigg had left her nine calls, even Lance and Hunk had tried to reach her that many times.. but the most calls were from Shiro. She was confused, why was she suddenly so intresting?
She picked up her phone and answered it.
"Hello, this is Maisey," she said goofy.
"Where are you?" Avrigg asked concerned and hasty.
"Good morning to you too," Maisey scoffed as she rolled her eyes.
"I'm serious! We couldn't find you and Keith anywhere," Avrigg said, "where are you?"
"At home, in bed," Maisey answered, "why are you so stressed?"
"BECAUSE WE WERE SUPPOSED TO LAUNCH AN HOUR AGO!" Avrigg screamed in her ear, causing Keith beside her to jolt awake.
"What happened?" He asked confused.
Maisey just stared ahead, she was shocked. She didn't know what to say, she froze like a statue.
"Maisey? Are you there? MAISEY CARYNNE EGAN I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU DON'T GET HERE IN TEN MIMUTES I WILL PERSONALLY PICK YOU UP AND FEED YOU TO YELMORS!" Avrigg screamed in her ear, but Maisey was still processing the whole 'we were supposed to launch an hour ago' thing.
Keith was rather confused by the screaming Avrigg and the frozen Maisey, so he took the phone out of Maisey's hand to answer it.
"Can I help you?" Keith asked rather rude, convinced that she was insulting his girlfriend.
"Keith? Are you and Maisey.... Ugh nevermind!" Avrigg grunted, "you need to get here asap!"
"Calm down Avrigg, we are launching at nine," Keith said.
"It's ten, you dimbo!" Avrigg shouted.
"IT'S WHAT?" Keith shouted.
"Get over here and fast!" Avrigg said as she hung up.
"Maisey we have to go," Keith said as he jumped out of bed, looking for his underwear, "where is that stupid thing?!"
"It's under the bed," she answered as she sat up.
Keith crawled under the bed and hit his head against it in the process.

"Ah, look who decided to show up!" Lance joked with a mischievious smirk om his face, "bet you two had a lot of fun."
"Lance!" Shiro said, "why are you two so late?"
Keith began to mumble, but it was pretty obvious why they were late since they arrived in their date clothes and Maisey's hair looked like a bird's nest.
"Keith, where is your left shoe?" Allura asked him confused when neither of them answered Shiro.
She couldn't believe he didn't realise he had no left shoe on, since he drove them here.
"Probably on Maisey's stairs," Keith answered with an awkward smile.
"What have you two been doing?" Allura asked them.
"We've been... having a lot of fun?" Maisey grunted out.
"Fun? It looks like he tried to rip you apart," Romelle answered oblivious.
"Oh, he did," Lance laughed, joined by Pidge and Hunk.
"There you are!" Avrigg shouted as she walked inside, "I should kill you both!"
"Oh no," Maisey said.
"She's channeling her inner Adam," Keith added, looking at Avrigg who was outraged.
"How can you be so irresponsible? You are the leader of voltron and you are the White paladin of voltron, you have to show them the example," Avrigg said.
"Well if they've filmed it there will be an example, just not the one you meant," Lance joked and Keith shot him a furious look. Maisey grunted out ashamed that people found out about Keith and Maisey like this, it was their first time and it was not their intention to have everyone know that. So she burried her face in Keith's shoulder for a while.
"Lance!" Avrigg and Shiro said in unison.
"We're sorry?" Maisey said getting her face off his shoulder.
"It's okay, just make sure this doesn't happen again," Shiro said.
"Okay?!" Avrigg disagreed, "it is not okay, you two better not let anything like this happen ever again or I will make you regret the day you were both born!"
"I am doing that already," Maisey said.
"No jokes Egan!" Avrigg said. What the hell? She was an Egan herself!
"Sorry," Maisey said.
"I will show you your rooms here and so you can get ready, if anyone asks why you were late you will say that the car broke down and it had to be fixed," Avrigg said, "that's also directed towards the other Paladins when they ask why Keith and Maisey were late, got that?"
"Copy that," they all said scared in unison.