Chapter 47: Attitude Much?

"Maisey? Maisey!" A voice echoed far away. She was slowly regaining conciousness and when she opened her eyes she was no longer in the white lion's cockpit. She was in a cell. Memories flooded back of what had happened.
"Keith?" She asked on instinct as she sat straight and rubbed her head because it was pounding.
"You're okay," Keith said relieved, "my bayard won't work."
"Ugh," Hunk groaned, "how much time have we lost?"
"We've lost about an hour," Pidge answered.
"What happened?" Allura asked.
"We're on Sendak's ship," Keith said, "admiral Sanda.. she sold us out."
"SHE DID WHAT?!" Lance shrieked.
"THAT LITTLE BITCH!" Maisey shouted as she folded her arms frustrated.
"How could she?" Pidge asked in disbelieve.
"He said he'd leave earth alone if he got the lions but he lied to me," Sanda said from another cell.
"Really?" Maisey asked sarcastic, "what a shame. We told you so!"
"Maisey, calm down," Keith said.
"No, I'm not gonna calm down, I'm going to speak my mind," Maisey stated.
"Well you are very good at that," Lance joked.
"We told you, Sanda!" Maisey shrieked to the wall that she supposed to be on Sanda's side and she wasn't going to use formalities, "first of all, we actually know what we're doing, I mean we've dealt with this robot armed freak before, we told you he can not be trusted, I told you that the lions aren't even yours to bargain with in the first place and we told you that he would still take earth.. are your ears not working or are you deaf on purpose?"
"Oh.. she just..." Hunk gasped.
"Maisey.. she's still the admiral," Pidge said.
"Is she? She just betrayed everyone!" Maisey said, "do you really think she'll still be the admiral when we get back?"
"How do you even plan on getting back?" Sanda asked, clearly annoyed with Maisey.
"We're voltron," Maisey scoffed, "we can do anything.. I believe we told you that as well."
"This is all my fault," Sanda said, "I wanted to protect the people of earth, but I've doomed them."
"Pretty much, yeah," Maisey said furious with Sanda. This was not just only the person who indeed doomed earth, this was also the person to gave the order to tell the world that her sister died on her mission to Kerberos. Maisey did not like Sanda at all, neither did she feel any empathy towards her. Maisey thought the title of 'admiral' had just gotten into Sanda's head.
"Maisey," Keith said. She remembered the time where Keith used to lash out on people and she would try to calm him but, the roles were reversed right now.
"She's right," Sanda said, "I'm so sorry."
"Admiral, what is Sendak's plan?" Keith asked before Maisey could make more nasty remarks.
"Sendak is.. moving the zaiforge cannons into position, he's going to destroy earth," Sanda said, "please, you must know.. I wanted to save earth."
"Great job," Maisey said sarcastic.
"Maisey!" Everyone said.
It was silent untill everything started to shake around them.
"What was that?" Lance asked saying exactly what she was thinking.
"The Garrison must be giving a counterattack," Keith answered.
"My dad!" Pidge said, "he must have launched the Atlas!"
"We need to get out there! The atlas can't win this fight alone!" Keith said.
"Guys, I have a thought," Hunk said, "remember when we were able to call the lions to earth? Why can't we do that now? They might break us out!"
"Calling the lions to us and having them break us out are two entirely different things," Pidge said.
"I didn't say it was going to be easy," Hunk said, "I'm not even saying that it will be possible.. but we have to try."
"Shiro said that we are capeable of more then we realize," Keith said, "it's worth a shot. Paladins, close your eyes. Connect with your lions."
Maisey sat down, took a deep breath and closed her eyes trying to connect with her lion.
When she opened her eyes she was in the infinite void of the White lion, she could see through it's eyes as if they were one.
They all flew out of Sendak's ship and saw the atlas it was under heavy fire and they could clearly use some help.
"Paladins! Welcome to the fight!" Shiro said exited, "let's take out Sendak's cruiser!"
"Wait! Our bodies are still on that ship!" Pidge said.
They helped to fight and Keith had the black lion break through the walls, allowing the doors to open.
Maisey ran out and saw Sanda heavily wounded on the ground. She ran towards her and took her in her arms.
"Maybe we can get you patched up," Maisey said, even if she disliked Sanda she still wouldn't let someone die.
"Do what I couldn't," Sanda said, "save earth."
"We will but save your breath so.." Maisey stopped speaking as soon as she noticed Sanda stopped breathing, "she's gone."
Maisey was flabbergasted for a moment as she still held Sanda up, Keith layed a hand on her shoulder which dragged her back to reality.