"I agree but we can't underestimate her," Charlotte chimed in, rising to her feet, "She is unpredictable, we need to be at least five steps ahead of her thinking."

Caroline questioned with raised eyebrows, "Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?"

"No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it," Damon shook his head, sternly dismissing the mere thought, "I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight."

"You're not gonna kill her," Stefan retorted.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap."

"You're not gonna kill her."

"Really? Why?"

"Because we are the good guys and good guys don't kill?" Charlotte spoke up, assuming with a glimmer of hope in her brown doe eyes, just as Stefan said, "Because I am."

✵ ✵ ✵

Currently, the Salvatore Boarding House was crowded with people all moving around and working on the clock to make sure that Katherine Pierce dies tonight. Caroline opened the front door for Bonnie, "Hey, come on in."

"I got Stefan's message," She walked in, stating.

"Hey, you brought the grimoire, thank you," Stefan greeted her, just as Charlotte came up to greet her, smiling with a wave.

Bonnie glanced around, finding Damon and Alaric talking before her eyes fell on the table that had a lot of weapons, "What's going on?"

Jeremy walked by, answering simply, "We're gonna kill Katherine."

"We can explain!" Charlotte spoke as Bonnie's eyes widened.

"Please."

"We're...," Stefan started, turning to Charlotte for a better rephrase before she shrugged, "...gonna kill Katherine," He sighed, finishing.

Alaric showed the weapon to everybody, explaining, "This works with compressed air. The trigger mechanism is up here," He pointed, continuing, "I have two of these in a different size."

"For you, I recommend this. It fits nicely under the jacket sleeve," He turned to Damon, stating, "You use the trigger when you're ready," Alaric faked killing a vampire as the three eldest vampires in the room looked at each other.

He shrugged his shoulders, "You wanted me to show you how to kill a vampire."

✵ ✵ ✵

Charlotte left the group with glasses of water, to stay hydrated as they worked out their plan before answering the door, she frowned, finding Serena on the door, "Hey...I didn't know you were coming?"

"Yeah, I am sorry...I forgot to call," Serena shook her head, apologizing, "I wanted to take Ginger back. My mom left town so he doesn't have to stay here anymore."

Charlotte smiled sadly, nodding. Not about Coralie leaving town, that was probably the best news she had heard in a while but surprisingly enough, she got used to Ginger. "Sure, I will go get him and his things."