𝟎𝟖

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ━═☆

Charlotte always thought that when death comes she will welcome it with open arms as her father did. That she would have done everything in her life and it would have been her time.

She never thought that one could cheat death, resulting in a never-ending life... But she did cheat.

People who die are supposed to stay that way, yet she was still in some way grateful for Pearl, becoming a vampire was a curse, but it felt so euphoric to have that metallic liquid run down her throat and give her a new beginning.

Unfortunately, her beginning wasn't a ray of blooming sunshine, full of roses. Charlotte's so-called new beginning was desiccating in a tomb for a century and a half till the next comet would pass by Mystic Falls.

She would bravely admit that in the few hours she had spent longer than the vampires to desiccate, she had changed. Her vision was one of a hawk, her ears could hear the loud heartbeats from the distances as Emily Bennett sealed the tomb shut.

Charlotte could feel Stefan's betrayal deeper, and instead of the tears. She had anger, so much buried anger.

Not hatred but anger, vampirism is all about magnifying one's true self and Charlotte's true self couldn't hate to save her life, but she could unleash the anger she kept subduing.

Decades had passed and passed, till the next comet passed by Mystic Falls, and a new generation of Bennett witches were forced to reopen the tomb, so Damon Salvatore could get back what he addressed as his one true love.

The voice of the eldest Salvatore woke her from her deep slumber as he shouted, "Katherine! Katherine!"

He received no response, as though all of the vampires were desiccated, unable to move like some status they were.

Charlotte heard another voice, one she would recognize in whatever state was she put in, Stefan's.

"Damon, please! She is not here!"

Damon, realizing that she who he was looking for, betrayed him, threw the blood bag he had prepared into the stone wall, toward the place where Charlotte laid like some statue, just a small drop of blood on her tongue was enough to get the girl to mutter his name.

"Damon...," Charlotte groaned, muttering. Her voice was barely audible but both vampires heard her loud and clear.

Damon, having a glimmer of hope, headed to the voice as she muttered again, a bit louder, "Damon..."