𝟕𝟑

a/n:  Charlotte's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄━═☆

It was daytime and a memorial for Carol Lockwood was taking place in the gym of the high school. Charlotte might have not known her that well but she could imagine what Tyler was feeling then. Plenty of guilty covered with rage. He didn't want to grieve, he just wanted Klaus Mikaelson dead.

The students were lighting candles in glass cups as part of the service as Liz spoke at a podium in front of the stand, "Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness in times of tragedy leads to healing, that one community is stronger than a thousand of its members."

"But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than a leader; she was an open-minded friend and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident."

At the mention of a terrible accident, Tyler lost it, shaking his head, "Screw this," He stood up abruptly.

"What? Tyler? Tyler?" Caroline called after him but he just left the gym.

Charlotte watched him leave and took a deep breath, looking down before turning around to see Bonnie and Elena a couple of rows down from the last.

"Please join me in observing a minute silence in her memory," Everyone put their heads down for a moment of silence.

As the moment was over, Charlotte looked up and watched Elena leaving the gym, "Thank you so much. In the wake of this tragedy, the town has selected an interim mayor."

"Many of you may already know him. Please welcome Mr. Rudy Hopkins," Liz introduced as Charlotte furrowed her eyebrows together. It was Bonnie's dad.

The vampire turned around to see the Bennett witch matching her confused glance, she looked just as surprised as the rest of them to see her dad at the podium, "Thank you so much, Sheriff. Carol Lockwood put this town first."

"That's why I'm here to talk to you guys. You folks are the future of Mystic Falls."

✵ ✵ ✵

After the Service, all students were walking out of the gym. Caroline and Charlotte were walking out together as the brunette said, "He asked me to distract, he didn't state a particular way so if anything, it's kind of his fault."