𝟔𝟏

a/n: Charlotte's outfit for the chapter is on the left and the dress for the decade dance is on the right!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄━═☆

"Am I a bad person?"

Charlotte asked, looking down at the feather boas spread across the table in the gym where her classmates were decorating for the twenties' decade dance.

"No."

"Depends."

Elena responded just as Caroline did. The Gilbert girl gave the blonde vampire a look before Caroline shrugged her shoulders, "You did leave town without telling me and I had to know about that from Elena, who deserved to be the last person to see you but apparently I didn't."

"Caroline, it's not like that," Charlotte shook her head, looking up at the hotheaded blonde, "I don't like goodbyes. I am never good at them. I cry too much and I hate crying, okay?" She watched Caroline look between her and Elena before claiming, "She...she cornered me! It was awful!"

"I did corner her," Elena admitted before sighing, "Can't we just be happy that Charlotte is back and everything in Mystic Falls is right again?"

"Fine," Caroline huffed out before poking the Bernard's nose, "No, you are not a bad person, Charlotte. Actually, you are everything far from that."

"Why would you think that anyway?"

She ran a hand over her forehead, exhaling sharply, "I lied. I didn't say the full truth but I guess it's still a lie, too, right?"

"I think that depends on the lie?" Elena raised an eyebrow.

"Share the details and stop being cryptic," Caroline rolled her eyes.

Charlotte folded her arms together, "I think I was too harsh with Kol," She watched Elena's lips part, about to respond before she continued either way, "I mean I know he deserved it after threatening Jeremy's life but I know people who have done worse to me and I went past it."

"But that's good for you," Caroline cut in, stating, "You are not supposed to let people walk all over you just because you did it before."

"I know, I know," She nodded, running her tongue over her bottom lip, "What I am saying is...I had another reason that made me so adamant on leaving but I didn't tell him that reason."