𝟒𝟎

a/n: Cherry's outfit for the chapter is above!

☆═━ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 ━═☆

Charlotte's gasp awake rung through her bedroom. She sat up, taking a look at her surroundings, Elena was sitting right beside her on a chair but she got off, rubbing Charlotte's back as soon as she woke up.

"Paulina...that traitor," She shook her head, turning to Elena, "She has been working with Klaus all along, Elena."

"We know, we know," Elena nodded, rubbing her friend's back as Charlotte caught another breath.

"Wait...Bonnie? Is she ok? She didn't go through with the plan, did she?" Charlotte questioned, worry seeping through her eyes before Elena shook her head and the vampire let out a relieved sigh.

Elena embraced Charlotte as a way to comfort her before stating, "Damon had...an idea. They fooled Klaus, he thinks she is dead but she is fine, alive and well."

"Oh, Damon's ideas," Charlotte commented, sighing.

Elena chuckled, leaning her head on Charlotte's shoulder before she said, "I have an idea...you might not like it."

"Oh, God," The Bernard ran a hand over her face, mentally preparing herself for what Elena had to say.

The Gilbert girl pulled a paper out, writing, I will pull the dagger out of Elijah.

Charlotte's eyes widened, "What—"

Elena shushed her, pointing to her ear then, at the door, signaling that Damon and Stefan could hear her. The brunette scoffed out, taking the paper from Elena, writing down, ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

Elena read before shaking her head. She rose to her feet and made her way out of the room, waving for Charlotte to follow her out.

"You are crazy," The Bernard girl whispered, getting out of bed and following her.

They descended downstairs, heading straight for the basement. Elena led the way as Charlotte checked back to make sure neither Stefan nor Damon was awake before following her down to the basement where Elijah laid on the floor, daggered.

She exchanged a look with Charlotte before shrugging to herself and walking over to him. She sat down and pulled the dagger out. Elena clutched the silver dagger in her hand before sitting aside as Charlotte spoke up, "Now what?"